Ratings for Dr. Steven Lawson

I went to the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of Winnipeg for a consultation with Dr. Lawson for my TMJ condition. The clinic is super clean, modern and on the leading edge with new technologies. The staff is so nice and helpful in every way. Everyone is always smiling! They are a fun group of people that keep your mind at ease, and always make sure that you are comfortable. It's very clear and evident that Dr. Lawson and his staff care about what they do! My appointments were thorough and I never felt rushed. Dr. Lawson takes the time to answer any questions you may have about your condition and treatment, and explains everything in a way everyone can understand. He is very friendly and accommodating, extremely knowledgeable. He gives honest advice and makes you feel welcome, he definitely knows his stuff. His years of experience show in his amazing treatment skills. Dr. Lawson was the only doctor that was able to help me and virtually eliminated my TMJ symptoms to almost none. I am so grateful for his assistance. I highly recommend Dr. Lawson to anyone suffering from this disorder. Thank you for the great care!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I went in for a consult with Dr. Lawson, I was pleased with the results and his treatment plan. It’s been 2 months since my appointment, I’m still waiting for him to send the treatment plan to MPI. I’ve called the office 3 times, my MPI worker has called twice, I’ve gone into the office, and MPI has sent a fax.....

Submitted September 23, 2017

It's apparent from these reviews that Dr. Lawson has helped many many people and he may be able to help you too. However, I had a very trying experience at his clinic. After undergoing his treatment process for 1.5 years, I found my pain getting worse and not better. We tried every kind of adjustment and different kinds of appliances, with no luck. I found Dr. Lawson's bedside manner to be sub-par. Friendly at times, impatient and rude other times. What I found most concerning was the way he treated his staff members. I found that he often berated them in front of his patients and they definitely had to tip-toe around him, especially on his "moody" days. I found this unacceptable...especially given how hard his staff works and how lovely they all are. I eventually found a much kinder, even-tempered and knowledgeable TMJ specialist in Winnipeg called Doctor Winchar at Edge Dental. He does essentially the same kind of treatment as Dr. Lawson, but much more in-depth, with a more detailed and thorough diagnosis process. He seemed to know a few things about TMJ that Dr. Lawson never mentioned to me and that made A LOT of sense. When he tested the appliance I was given by doctor Lawson he was easily able to explain why is did not work for me and why it never would work for me. I would highly recommend trying Dr. Winchar FIRST before Dr. Lawson. Prices are comparable.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I first saw Dr. Steve Lawson about 5 to 6 years ago when we lived in Manitoba. I have severe TMJ issues. He has helped me tremendously. Since then we have moved to BC. Just this year both my night guard and day guard broke. Headaches and snoring progressively got worst. We do have a TMJ specialist in Chillawack however their prices are way over Dr. Lawson's. So even with flight for two and renting a car for 17 days, it was less expensive then seeing the Chillawack doctor. Besides Dr. Lawson has done wonders for me and I trust him.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

As a regularly moving family, he and his staff are one of the best dental clinics we have been to.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr Lawson initially comes across as caring, but once he has your money, the facade starts to slip away. He got angry with me for my jaw not responding well to his treatment, as if I chose to get worse! I went into treatment with very little pain and very restful sleep, to being in agony 24/7 and sleeping as little as 1 hour a night. An extremely unprofessional and abusive person. Stay away!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I have to admits I was skeptical with what Dr Lawson described would really make that much of a difference in the short time frame he described, having lived with TMJ issues for many years. My problem had become increasingly painful and my jaw was beginning to have episodes of locking up. From the moment I arrived at the office, his staff is friendly and professional. My appointments were prompt, I was made to feel that I mattered, both my time and my TMJ issues. During my months of treatment I met with a number of different staff that were all trained well in their field and made me feel comfortable each step of the way. Dr Lawson was always available to answer questions and clarify procedures and possible outcomes. I have since finished my treatments and have had much relief and success with the program. Once doubtful, I am now a believer, there is a better way to live than with the pain of TMJ.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

The exemplary service starts at the reception desk. The staff are friendly and efficient, rarely do you warm up the waiting room chair. An appointment is on time, even Dr. Lawson monitors the waiting room and keeps everything rolling smoothly. Admittedly I was apprehensive when I went to his office as I had several years of discomfort. He immediately was able to alleviate my symptoms. With no pressure he informed me of an alternative method to correct a range of issues. I went with his suggestions and am very happy with the results to date. I have more work to do and I am looking forward to receiving the great care and take comfort in knowing I am in very good hands. I highly recommend Dr. Lawson for anyone who is looking for help in dealing with TMJ and sleep apnea issues.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

My dentist didn't know how to treat my TMJ and after a friend recommended I visit Dr. Lawson I instantly felt better in his care. The results of wearing the TMJ appliance were felt immediately. I slept better and the pain went away. Overall I felt better. There were changes that needed to be made as my progress subsided and the pain came back. Despite this, Dr. Lawson met with me until it was right. He made adjustments and met with me after hours as I own my own business and it's tough to work with other people's schedules but he always accommodated me. It never felt like he was in it to make money, it felt like he was in it to help people which is great! I started my '3 month' treatment in July, 2015. I was completely weaned off the day appliance by December. In a few weeks (April 12) I go for my final appointment. Despite the clenching I have at night, most of my TMJ symptoms are completely gone. I'm sleeping through the night and everything seems better. The staff are friendly and knew my name. They all jumped in to help me when I needed. I've never felt more comfortable. Once you get past the sticker price, you will never regret this treatment! As a self employed person, it was tough to pay for in one shot but worth my savings to get the help I needed. I'm always recommending this treatment and I'm glad Dr. Lawson was there to explain the treatment and put me at ease. Thanks!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I am writing this review to share my happy story about the positive experience and great service I received from the first visit to Dr. Steve Lawson's office. It started about five years ago, when I went to my doctor because I had started snoring during the night. It was bothering my husband and I was feeling very tired. To fast forward this story..... I went to specialists, sleep studies for sleep apnea and tried the CPAP machine. During this time, I saw an ad in a local paper for Dr. Steve Lawson's practice. The word that caught my attention was 'SNORING'. From the first appointment, the staff was informative, helpful and understood my symptoms. The tests were done and information gathered and was informed that wearing an appliance during the night would probably eliminate snoring. And that I did! I choose to invest in an appliance and return the CPAP machine. I have no regrets. It has been the best investment that I have done. I now sleep well and feel rested when I wake up in the morning and the snoring has stopped. The appliance is more comfortable than the CPAP machine and easier to carry when travelling or sleeping away from home. Since then, I have had adjustments made to the appliance due to dental work. Dr. Steve Lawson and his staff have been there to answer any concerns and provide great service to accommodate my needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawson and staff for their expertise to anyone who is in need of their service. It was so worth it in my life.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Steven Lawson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients