Ratings for Dr. Steven Lawson

The 5 star reviews are FAKE NEWS. The TMJ appliance broke my eye teeth at the gum line.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

At first he is the caring happy guy ready to explain procedures. Then, after a time his true unprofessional, discourteous, demeaning attitude come out. He yelled at me while in a regular appointment. No staff member let on they even heard, no one asked about me as I had tears streaming down my face. All this because I had a second opionion with a dental surgeon who told me not to consider Dr. Lawson's treatment. I also received a three page double sided hand written letter from him, which was nothing less than pathetic drunken ramblings. Stay away from this "Dentist".

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

As a regularly moving family, he and his staff are one of the best dental clinics we have been to.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr Lawson initially comes across as caring, but once he has your money, the facade starts to slip away. He got angry with me for my jaw not responding well to his treatment, as if I chose to get worse! I went into treatment with very little pain and very restful sleep, to being in agony 24/7 and sleeping as little as 1 hour a night. An extremely unprofessional and abusive person. Stay away!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I have to admits I was skeptical with what Dr Lawson described would really make that much of a difference in the short time frame he described, having lived with TMJ issues for many years. My problem had become increasingly painful and my jaw was beginning to have episodes of locking up. From the moment I arrived at the office, his staff is friendly and professional. My appointments were prompt, I was made to feel that I mattered, both my time and my TMJ issues. During my months of treatment I met with a number of different staff that were all trained well in their field and made me feel comfortable each step of the way. Dr Lawson was always available to answer questions and clarify procedures and possible outcomes. I have since finished my treatments and have had much relief and success with the program. Once doubtful, I am now a believer, there is a better way to live than with the pain of TMJ.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

The exemplary service starts at the reception desk. The staff are friendly and efficient, rarely do you warm up the waiting room chair. An appointment is on time, even Dr. Lawson monitors the waiting room and keeps everything rolling smoothly. Admittedly I was apprehensive when I went to his office as I had several years of discomfort. He immediately was able to alleviate my symptoms. With no pressure he informed me of an alternative method to correct a range of issues. I went with his suggestions and am very happy with the results to date. I have more work to do and I am looking forward to receiving the great care and take comfort in knowing I am in very good hands. I highly recommend Dr. Lawson for anyone who is looking for help in dealing with TMJ and sleep apnea issues.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

My dentist didn't know how to treat my TMJ and after a friend recommended I visit Dr. Lawson I instantly felt better in his care. The results of wearing the TMJ appliance were felt immediately. I slept better and the pain went away. Overall I felt better. There were changes that needed to be made as my progress subsided and the pain came back. Despite this, Dr. Lawson met with me until it was right. He made adjustments and met with me after hours as I own my own business and it's tough to work with other people's schedules but he always accommodated me. It never felt like he was in it to make money, it felt like he was in it to help people which is great! I started my '3 month' treatment in July, 2015. I was completely weaned off the day appliance by December. In a few weeks (April 12) I go for my final appointment. Despite the clenching I have at night, most of my TMJ symptoms are completely gone. I'm sleeping through the night and everything seems better. The staff are friendly and knew my name. They all jumped in to help me when I needed. I've never felt more comfortable. Once you get past the sticker price, you will never regret this treatment! As a self employed person, it was tough to pay for in one shot but worth my savings to get the help I needed. I'm always recommending this treatment and I'm glad Dr. Lawson was there to explain the treatment and put me at ease. Thanks!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I am writing this review to share my happy story about the positive experience and great service I received from the first visit to Dr. Steve Lawson's office. It started about five years ago, when I went to my doctor because I had started snoring during the night. It was bothering my husband and I was feeling very tired. To fast forward this story..... I went to specialists, sleep studies for sleep apnea and tried the CPAP machine. During this time, I saw an ad in a local paper for Dr. Steve Lawson's practice. The word that caught my attention was 'SNORING'. From the first appointment, the staff was informative, helpful and understood my symptoms. The tests were done and information gathered and was informed that wearing an appliance during the night would probably eliminate snoring. And that I did! I choose to invest in an appliance and return the CPAP machine. I have no regrets. It has been the best investment that I have done. I now sleep well and feel rested when I wake up in the morning and the snoring has stopped. The appliance is more comfortable than the CPAP machine and easier to carry when travelling or sleeping away from home. Since then, I have had adjustments made to the appliance due to dental work. Dr. Steve Lawson and his staff have been there to answer any concerns and provide great service to accommodate my needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawson and staff for their expertise to anyone who is in need of their service. It was so worth it in my life.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Lawson was great with me and my two boys. He listened and really heard our concerns. I am now pain free and my boys now show there teeth when smiling again. He knowledge is amazing, his price is more then far for what we got. Thank you Dr. Lawson I can not say enough good things about you.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

To start off this testimonial, I just want to say that I have never written a testimonial before, but after my experience at the TMJ clinic, it would be a shame not to share my experience! The day I decided to email Dr. Lawson, I was desperate for help. For over a decade, my head, neck, and jaw pain was getting unbearable. Chronic headaches, migraines, myofacial pain, overall feelings of being tired and unwell kept me from work and school. I went to every type of person for relief- acupuncture, massage, physiotherapy, dentist, etc. But nothing seemed to help! My email was answered promptly and Dr. Lawson saw the desperation in my situation and agreed to see me. That next day, I was in his office. He described everything to me and took time to really hear my concerns and how I was feeling. It was the first time I felt like someone really understood what I was going through and showed genuine concern. To say that Dr. Lawson has changed my life would be an understatement. I didn’t know it was possible to feel this good. I feel well rested, am more productive, and haven’t missed work due to headaches or pain to date! My foggy brain is gone, I am in much better spirits, and am more productive at work and life in general. I am just halfway through my treatment and my health issues have improved 90% (I was shocked by the improvement even within the first week of treatment). The staff is so genuine and kind. They helped sort out my insurance coverage and are extremely accommodating and understanding when unforeseen life events happen that may conflict with appointments. It is disheartening to think that TMJ disorder is not recognized by many insurance companies and is still considered an ‘experimental’ procedure. Either way, the cost is worth the benefits- Dr. Lawson is even so down to earth he was willing to accommodate me with a financial payment system that best suited my financial situation (I am a full time student with not much income!) To anyone who thinks they may have sleep apnea or TMJ, contact this office, I am confident they will change your life for the better like they continue to do for me! Dr. Lawson is not interested in just diagnose and treat, the entire staff is invested in improving your overall wellbeing which shows in their work.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Dr. Steven Lawson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med