Ratings for Dr. Marie O. Becker

My experiences and that of a family member were similar to the worst reviews here. I found her to be unskilled, with long wait and very quick dismissals.Worse, she is apparently vengeful because when I told the office manager I was uncomfortable with having Dr. Becker as my doctor, she offered to ask Dr. Becker if I could see someone else in the practice and not only did Dr. Becker refuse, but she sent a letter saying I would no longer be able to use their practice. Perhaps she was embarrassed and didn't want her colleagues to know that there's another dissatisfied patient, but this kind of overreaction is uncaring and dangerous when her practice is the only group of ENT doctors in Tallahassee. When I called twice to ask the office manager what happened to cause such a drastic move, she wouldn't take my calls. I had to get my HMO to call and ask why I couldn't see another doctor and was told that if I got another doctor who was called away for surgery then I might still get put with Dr. Becker so I couldn't see anyone. I now have no access to any ENT doctors and I have a medical problem that has been unseen for months.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I saw Dr. Becker two times. After little investigation or testing Dr. Becker jumped into a lot of assumptions based solely on what she thought and diagnosed me with a condition I never had. She never looked deeper to find the root cause of my problem, all she did was redirect me to another specialist. I had a problem with my eustachian tube that was later diagnosed by a different doctor, she never even considered looking at this, it felt she was just trying to get rid of patients as fast as possible instead of treating them.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Marie Becker seems to be great when it comes to children, however, for adults I disagree. I've gone to her several times with the same chronic issues and I feel like she's always curt and not very helpful. I will definitely be getting a second opinion because at this point, I don't trust her or her recommendation. Did not like dealing with this doctor at all!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I went to see Mr. Becker because my doctor found a knot in my throat. After the scan she said it was only acid reflux and gave me a perscription for Nexium with not further instructions or follow up appointment. i will be looking for a new dr.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

She discovered the source of my son's chronic croup and solved the problem. He was only around 2 years old at the time. She was very patient with him, and spent a lot of time researching the problem and answering our questions.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2007

My experience with Dr. Becker was not good. I had a major tumor in my neck that grew rapidly. By the time the surgery was scheduled, she said it was "too far gone" to tell what it had been. I am left with a huge permanent scar that looks like I have a big chunk taken out of my neck. She should have had a plastic surgeon assist. When a new lump developed soon after, she said "let's get it out while the other incision is fresh." I said okay. She asked if she could check with her colleagues on their opinion. I agreed. She came back saying that we should just leave it in there. I kept questioning what is causing these lumps, and there was no real effort to find out. The scar is the worst part....

flag | Submitted March 10, 2007

She came highly recommended by Dr. Elzie. I trust him and he didn't let me down with recommending her. Dr. Becker was an angel to my son and freed him from his ear infections. To that only have a very humble thank you.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

She is WONDERFUL with my daughter. She has treated several of my family members inculding my Uncle who had throat cancer. My husband is having alot of sinus issues and will be seeing her this week! I can't say enough good things about her!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2006

Dr. Marie O. Becker's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• Anthem Blue Cross