You may also like

My nephew just turned 23. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. I think what impressed us the most was he spoke to my nephew in a manner a young adult could relate to. When you are coming under the knife, you need to trust and like your doctor. This was an answer to a mothers prayer. My nephew took to him and said he felt safe during the surgery because of his "bedside" manner. He indicated it was a great surgery. So I cannot say any more, just am always thankful I have our nephew with us. Thank you Dr. Sinclair. Thank you hospital staff. Thank you for caring for our loved one . Always with gratitude

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

My son just turned 23. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. I think what impressed me the most was he spoke to my son in a manner a young adult could relate to. When you are coming under the knife, you need to trust and like your doctor. This was an answer to our prayer. My son took to him and said he felt safe during the surgery because of his "bedside" manners. My son said it was a great surgery. So I cannot say any more, just am always thankful I have my son with me. Thank you Dr. Sinclair. Thank you hospital staff - I cant name you all - don't want to offend anyone that we left out. Thank you for caring for my son. Always with gratitude

Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Sinclair saved my mothers life. She was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and on Dr Sinclairs operating table within a week. She had a 20% chance of recovery. His surgery on my mother was truly a work of are and I am happy to say that I have been able to enjoy 10 extra years of life with my mom because of him. Thank you for what you do. We are so lucky to have you here in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

after 3 brain surgeries I can say that Dr. Sinclair is an angel. He takes the time to tell you what is wrong, what is going to happen, the risks, and actually listens to you. He does not rush you in any way and he makes sure you understand exactly what is going on. He is also incredible with family members and will answer any questions you they may have. I hope to never go through this again...if I have to, though, knowing that this dr. will be taking care of me would make it so much easier

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

He and his team saved my life in 2011. I was diagnosed with having an Acoustic Neuroma (benign tumour in the ear canal). Because of how quickly it was growing, it needed to be taken care of sooner rather than later. Dr. Sinclair & his team administered Cyberknife. It cut off the blood supply to my tumour, killing it in its tracks. Thank you Dr. Sinclair!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

In 2012, I was suffering horrible headaches. I never get headaches. It started during Christmas of 2011. By April, the headaches were every day all day. My only reprieve was when I went to bed. I went to the Queensway Carleton hospital in Ottawa, to emergency, on April 16 2012. 8 hours later, after tests and some fluids, I was given a CT scan and an MRI. I was diagnosed with a choroid plexus pappiloma the size of a golf ball. I was admitted to the Civic hospital where Dr. Sinclair was my surgeon. My surgery was scheduled for the wednesday (April 18th, I believe). The other doctor's that worked with him lacked any bedside manner but when I finally got to meet my surgeon, Mr. Sinclair, I was quite relieved as he explained what I had, where it was, what they were going to do and the urgency of it (yet without making me anxious or scared). My surgery went well and my recovery also. I had complications as I had leaking from my stitches yet Mr. Sinclair still followed me. I was readmitted for this problem and an infection 2 weeks after surgery. I had another surgery and two more procedures. Even when Mr. Sinclair is off duty, he calls in to see how his patients are doing. As a patient, we are allowed to give him a message here and there through the nurses. I find his knowledge is great, his manners and way of speaking to a patient is uplifting and clear and concise. I recommend him 100% to anyone. He is a no none sense kind of person. But anyone that can do 30 hours of surgery and still come in smiling has my vote.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. John Sinclair saved my son's life when there was a 10% chance of survival. He is professional, brilliant, empathetic, conscientious and a gifted surgeon. My mother remembers him in her daily prayers, hoping that he will continue to ameliorate tragedies.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

I can not think of a better NS around. I had seen another NS prior to seeing Sinclair and I am so happy I took the time to wait to see him. He can have quite the wait list but it is so worth it. He may run late for your appointment but this is only because he spends as much time as you need with him. He will answer any and all questions you may have. His bedside manner is amazing. Anytime he came to see me after surgery he spent time with me making sure I was being taken car of properly and to try and cheer me up if he heard I was having a low day. Even right before surgery he made me feel comfortable , joking and laughing with all the staff in the OR. He is my life saver and continues to do so by getting me in contact with the right specialists.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

this man is my guardian angel he saved my life. Meeting him was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I would recommend this doctor to anyone I can

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

Dr. John Sinclair's Credentials

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My nephew just turned 23. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. I think what impressed us the most was he spoke to my nephew in a manner a young adult could rela..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My son just turned 23. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. I think what impressed me the most was he spoke to my son in a manner a young adult could relate to...."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Sinclair saved my mothers life. She was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and on Dr Sinclairs operating table within a week. She had a 20% chance of recove..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "after 3 brain surgeries I can say that Dr. Sinclair is an angel. He takes the time to tell you what is wrong, what is going to happen, the risks, and actually l..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, very humble and resourceful. His approche is very humanist and has a gift of putting you at ease very rapidely. Thanks for everything!"

November 24, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been waiting almost 1 year to see this Doctor. He might be good but the longer I wait the more I talk myself out of the operation. This is not a fair ra..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He and his team saved my life in 2011. I was diagnosed with having an Acoustic Neuroma (benign tumour in the ear canal). Because of how quickly it was growing..."

October 6, 2014