Ratings for Dr. John Sinclair

Dr Sinclair is an amazing doctor that has made a huge difference in my husbands life after fixing his chairi malformation and then dealing with months of complications (at no fault of his). He was very helpful and always there to listen when you needed something. Connor on the Nero floor is amazing as well and makes sure that Dr Sinclair is up to date and in tune with what is going on with you at all times. Moira on the other hand is terrible, she never calls you back, you have to chase her for paperwork, she never provides you the appointments that she says she is going to call you with and overall brings down the service that Dr Sinclair is trying to provide.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Dr Sinclair is brilliant. His team is brilliant. Would not dream of another doc going inside my head and feeling so confident about my prognosis and recovery. My only complaint...it has been 3 yrs and I was told I would be getting several follow up mri's over the next 5 years. Have had 1 only. Cannot get Moira to rtn my calls.. I have virtually given up.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr. Sinclair is an excellent surgeon. My surgery to remove a large brain tumor went really well and everyone compliments my incision saying it looks so small and you can tell it's the work of Dr. Sinclair. He was always so kind, explained everything along the way, always making time for me during initial consultations, and then popping in to say hi and check in throughout my recovery. He always keeps everything upbeat. I feel so fortunate to have had him as my surgeon. He also had a good team. He is a bit late for initial appointments because he gives everyone his full attention and makes sure all your questions are answered. It is worth it. Unfortunately I did not have a good experience with his assistant Moira. My surgery was cancelled the day before due to an emergency, and for two weeks I called to find out the new date and she didn't return my calls for an update, even when they told me she was in the office.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

He is a very good doctor. The minute he see's my CTSCAN and MRI. He scheduled me for surgery. He takes good care of me. Thank you Dr. Sinclair for saving me. I forever be thankful to everyone at Neuro, Doctor's, nurses. GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS...

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

He is fantastic. I just can say enough good stuff about this guy. No, you may not get in to see him in clinic at exactly your scheduled time, but that's because he takes time with each and every patient to thoroughly and completely explain everything and to answer all your questions. You know you'll be getting the same time and treatment as the person before you so you don't care if you get in a little later! He is a very genuine guy and a great surgeon. I'm glad he is running my care team! Thank you, Dr. Sinclair.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Doc Sinclair......hits like a girl..lol..A good man, on the ball! He resected my complete right, temporal horn, he had to work around 2 venous amomally's to get to the Cavernous Malformation..He was " on the Ball " enough to spot, and decide to remove the second Cavernoma that did not show up on the MRI's pre-surgery, as he was operating on me.. you wouldn't want anyone else opening your skull and poking around in there, believe me..

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Amazing neurosurgeon. He saved my husband's life and we will be forever grateful to him. How can one express in words what this man does for people. He truly is a remarkable doctor and we are very lucky that we have him here in Ottawa. Keep up the amazing work and keep smiling.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

He's amazing. He's helpful, friendly, honest, and brilliant. Sometimes his appointments are a bit late, but that's only because he's taking the time to talk to his other patients and make sure he answers all their questions. You never feel rushed talking to him, even though he's a very busy guy with a lot of complicated cases. His admin Moira is also very lovely.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

My son just turned 23. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. I think what impressed me the most was he spoke to my son in a manner a young adult could relate to. When you are coming under the knife, you need to trust and like your doctor. This was an answer to our prayer. My son took to him and said he felt safe during the surgery because of his "bedside" manners. My son said it was a great surgery. So I cannot say any more, just am always thankful I have my son with me. Thank you Dr. Sinclair. Thank you hospital staff - I cant name you all - don't want to offend anyone that we left out. Thank you for caring for my son. Always with gratitude

Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Sinclair saved my mothers life. She was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and on Dr Sinclairs operating table within a week. She had a 20% chance of recovery. His surgery on my mother was truly a work of are and I am happy to say that I have been able to enjoy 10 extra years of life with my mom because of him. Thank you for what you do. We are so lucky to have you here in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015