Ratings for Dr. John Sinclair

Amazing neurosurgeon. He saved my husband's life and we will be forever grateful to him. How can one express in words what this man does for people. He truly is a remarkable doctor and we are very lucky that we have him here in Ottawa. Keep up the amazing work and keep smiling.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

He's amazing. He's helpful, friendly, honest, and brilliant. Sometimes his appointments are a bit late, but that's only because he's taking the time to talk to his other patients and make sure he answers all their questions. You never feel rushed talking to him, even though he's a very busy guy with a lot of complicated cases. His admin Moira is also very lovely.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

My nephew just turned 23. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. I think what impressed us the most was he spoke to my nephew in a manner a young adult could relate to. When you are coming under the knife, you need to trust and like your doctor. This was an answer to a mothers prayer. My nephew took to him and said he felt safe during the surgery because of his "bedside" manner. He indicated it was a great surgery. So I cannot say any more, just am always thankful I have our nephew with us. Thank you Dr. Sinclair. Thank you hospital staff. Thank you for caring for our loved one . Always with gratitude

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

My son just turned 23. He was diagnosed with brain cancer. I think what impressed me the most was he spoke to my son in a manner a young adult could relate to. When you are coming under the knife, you need to trust and like your doctor. This was an answer to our prayer. My son took to him and said he felt safe during the surgery because of his "bedside" manners. My son said it was a great surgery. So I cannot say any more, just am always thankful I have my son with me. Thank you Dr. Sinclair. Thank you hospital staff - I cant name you all - don't want to offend anyone that we left out. Thank you for caring for my son. Always with gratitude

Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Sinclair saved my mothers life. She was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and on Dr Sinclairs operating table within a week. She had a 20% chance of recovery. His surgery on my mother was truly a work of are and I am happy to say that I have been able to enjoy 10 extra years of life with my mom because of him. Thank you for what you do. We are so lucky to have you here in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

after 3 brain surgeries I can say that Dr. Sinclair is an angel. He takes the time to tell you what is wrong, what is going to happen, the risks, and actually listens to you. He does not rush you in any way and he makes sure you understand exactly what is going on. He is also incredible with family members and will answer any questions you they may have. I hope to never go through this again...if I have to, though, knowing that this dr. will be taking care of me would make it so much easier

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Great doctor, very humble and resourceful. His approche is very humanist and has a gift of putting you at ease very rapidely. Thanks for everything!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

He and his team saved my life in 2011. I was diagnosed with having an Acoustic Neuroma (benign tumour in the ear canal). Because of how quickly it was growing, it needed to be taken care of sooner rather than later. Dr. Sinclair & his team administered Cyberknife. It cut off the blood supply to my tumour, killing it in its tracks. Thank you Dr. Sinclair!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

In 2012, I was suffering horrible headaches. I never get headaches. It started during Christmas of 2011. By April, the headaches were every day all day. My only reprieve was when I went to bed. I went to the Queensway Carleton hospital in Ottawa, to emergency, on April 16 2012. 8 hours later, after tests and some fluids, I was given a CT scan and an MRI. I was diagnosed with a choroid plexus pappiloma the size of a golf ball. I was admitted to the Civic hospital where Dr. Sinclair was my surgeon. My surgery was scheduled for the wednesday (April 18th, I believe). The other doctor's that worked with him lacked any bedside manner but when I finally got to meet my surgeon, Mr. Sinclair, I was quite relieved as he explained what I had, where it was, what they were going to do and the urgency of it (yet without making me anxious or scared). My surgery went well and my recovery also. I had complications as I had leaking from my stitches yet Mr. Sinclair still followed me. I was readmitted for this problem and an infection 2 weeks after surgery. I had another surgery and two more procedures. Even when Mr. Sinclair is off duty, he calls in to see how his patients are doing. As a patient, we are allowed to give him a message here and there through the nurses. I find his knowledge is great, his manners and way of speaking to a patient is uplifting and clear and concise. I recommend him 100% to anyone. He is a no none sense kind of person. But anyone that can do 30 hours of surgery and still come in smiling has my vote.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. John Sinclair saved my son's life when there was a 10% chance of survival. He is professional, brilliant, empathetic, conscientious and a gifted surgeon. My mother remembers him in her daily prayers, hoping that he will continue to ameliorate tragedies.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014