Ratings for Dr. Amer Khakwany

I am so happy that I have found this Dentist. I moved from Toronto and picked this dentist because I saw some decent reviews but also because I live right beside him. In a world where most doctors are now salesmen, I am always cautious when I see a new one. My first visit with him was great. I went in for a checkup and cleaning. He follows the recommended pricing and does not overcharge. He asked me valid questions like if I am nervous about going to the dentist which I am. I have always been. I don't know why but I really struggle with dental work especially cleanings. I cough and gag a lot. I was happy to see he was being detailed. He was very gentle with the check up and xrays. When it came to the cleaning he let me know what exactly happens and ask me what part is it that I really hate. We figured out it was the polishing and he told me that it is not necessary to do that if it makes me very uncomfortable. I was so surprised. My old dentist just lumped everything together and never made it an option that I could pick and choose which part of the cleanings I wanted. I had a lot of respect and trust for him after that. Just recently I had something sharp that was jabbing into my tongue from one of my teeth. I went in just to see if I could get an appointment and he looked at it right then and there. He figured out my tooth was not chipped but it was the glue from my bar behind my teeth. he booked me in the next day and polished it down at no cost! I mean it doesn't get much better than that. Would definitely recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Amer is the friendliest, most considerate dentist I have ever been to. The same goes for the rest of his staff, all professional, friendly and absolutely expert.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr. Amer Khakwany is one the most well rounded and thoughtful dentists that I have ever been to. As a new patient, he took the time to ask good questions, was never rushed and explained throughout my cleaning and scaling what he was doing and would check in regularly to ensure that I was comfortable at all times. Technically he was very precise and you want a dentist who is delicate with your gums and teeth. The dental office was immaculate, clean and used modern equipment. I am so happy to have found Tinseltown Dental, they really take pride in making the dental experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I never got Dr. Khakwany. I got his 3rd rate hack! I jut left this clinic in a rage. The women dentist has no idea what she is doing. The equipment is old and dysfunctional - the suction wasn't working, the water cleanser unit was't working, She cut my hand with the little drill unit she used to scale teeth. I was drowning in water and she wasn't suctioning so I had to grad the water and pull it away. She was a joke. Stay away. It was so bad, I had to leave in the middle of the cleaning. All she did the entire time was try to sell me on 3 crowns for $2400 NOW...ASAP...."Don't wait - it'll get worse and cost more" She should sell cards on Kingsway! She should not be a dentist. But the guilty party here is Dr. Amer Khakwany - this is HIS business, and attitude, good or bad, reflects leadership! Stay away.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Above everything else he really puts you at ease. This is the dentist if you're afraid of going to one.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Amer is by far, one of the best dentist I have been too. His sense of carry and urgency is unlike any other. I would recommend Amer over any dentist in the Vancouver area

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Tinseltown Dental - Amazing Dentist in Vancouver, BC Dr Amer Khakwany is a superb dentist in Vancouver. He is friendly, honest, knowledgeable, fair, compassionate and professional. He really put me at ease when I went in for an emergency dental consult about my wisdom tooth extraction. Their equipment is of current technology and the dental clinic is everything I would expect; clean, organized and well maintained. I highly recommend Tinseltown Dental to anyone who is in need of dentistry services in Vancouver. Call them at 604-688-2303. #dentist #dentistry #dentalcare

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Khakwany is extremely considerate, attentive and actually really seems to enjoy being our family's dentists!! His clinic is very clean, appointments are always on time, we never feel rushed. He really seems to care about his patients and his clinic. Going to the dentist has become a pleasure.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Khakwany is always pleasant, efficient, highly skilled. Punctuality - usually right on time; The office is very clean and tidy. Dr. Khakwany is very personable and thorough in explaining options and treatment. Knowledge - Among other procedures. He is the best dentist you can ask for. Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

Dr Khakwany saw me when I had came in about a severe toothache. He took an X-ray and found my wisdom was half decayed. Since I am scared of having dental work done we discussed my options and he referred me to an oral surgeon. He got me an appointment right away and the oral surgeon had my tooth out a couple days later. Dr Khakwany was very open, honest and friendly. His rates are fair and I left feeling happy. I never thought I'd say this but im looking forward to getting a full checkup and my teeth cleaned. What a very pleasant experience. if you're putting off going to the dentist Dr Khakwani will make you like going to the dentist. Stop procrastinating and book an appointment!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013