Ratings for Dr. Jorge Betanco

He was helpful. I understood what was going on. He did a long exam and seemed to pay attention.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2011

He was helpful and actually sat down, made eye contact and answered all my questions. I had to wait to see him but I did not feel rushed.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

This resident didn't recognize full-blown jaundice when it was sitting 2 feet away from him. His diagnosis for the following symptoms: maroon colored urine, abdominal pain, vomiting, fever, extreme fatigue was...."food poisoning". If Dr Lobo hadn't stuck her head in the door and exclaimed "You're jaundiced!", we would have been sent home without tests or treatment. Turns out my son's ALT/AST were 1800/1400 where normal is in double digits. Turns out my son had been infected with Hepatitis during an assault weeks earlier and he now has liver disease that will require interferon therapy. I'd avoid this well-meaning, extremely nice young man who missed a diagnosis that was obvious to a real doctor from the door of the room. I recognized that my son was very seriously ill and that he needed treatment if not hospitalization. Please be very very cautious with this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010