Ratings for Dr. Janice Morantz

Dr. Morantz has entered the cosmetic realm but has absolutely no personality for it. The office looks tired and run down;the only reason we went to see her was because Albuquerque Dermatology could not see a new patient for several months. We were able to get an appointment here right away, and now I know why. We are a family with a history of skin cancers, pre-cancerous growths and eczema. When we see Dr. Sky Connelly or Siraj Reddy they immediately identify the problem and address it with extreme professionalism. I would not recommend Dr. Morantz and will not return. She is very aloof and she did upsell us on her urea cream that cost 37.00.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Doctor Moranzt, as stated in the previous review, is purely interested in the 'upsell". I have a body rash that is ulcerating and she never even addressed what it could be. But she did explain that her "moisturizing firming lotion" could be the answer to my ills. That combine with her special shower gel. She finished her attempts for increased profit by trying to get me to buy her line of sunscreen because it has zinc and that she had some weight spa treatments I might like. I suppose I should be happy that during the 2 minute full body examination (No gloves or close looks at moles sores etc.) she was actually observant enough to see I was overweight. If you fail to heed warnings, look forward to a rushed exam and the opportunity to speak to her product representative to buy which ever extra items she can push you into. I have never complained about medical staff before and I am truly in awe at the incompetence I perceived.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

In my opinion, Dr. Moranz is cold and always in a hurry. I feel she is only out for money. She was to give me a 6 month full body exam...but did so very hap-hazadly. She did check my face carefully as I have Acne Rosacia. When I asked her to look at the rash on my face she said, you have Cancer on your nose. It should be Biopsied. She had just looked at it. I said I preferred to wait a month or two. She measured the supposed Cancer. Then I went to another Dermatologist, who examined me very carefully and found absolutely nothing suspicious looking. She did treat me for acne rosacia. Dr. Moranz's office looks like a cosmetic store..she is always trying to sell you something. I had been going to her for 15 years and she has become more and more disinterested and cool. I truly believe Dr Moranz knows dermatology very well.....

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010