Ratings for Dr. Ross Chiaramonte

Stay away. Sure you'll always get in because people are fed up and leaving. Be careful though because if you try and leave, I've heard his staff hounds you with phone calls and leaves messages constantly. Do not trust him. You can read about his legal woes online. I'm willing to bet he has his staff writing any of the half decent comments here. Be careful if you're considering this one. He will take your money and tell you a lot of things your need but you probably don't really. Go for another opinion elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

If you've ever had a toothache and can't get in for weeks, this is the man to go to. Will see you right away and give you meds to feel better. Best decision I ever made.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Staff were friendly and dr was punctual but was not impressed that I walked in to have one problem tooth looked at and even though X-rays were taken I was told that problem wasn't covered by my insurance. Dr never set up appointments to have any other concerns like cavities on other teeth taken care of even though they were covered by my insurance. Left appointment trying to figure out how to come up with 800 before my next appointment. When I called to rebook my appointment because I didn't have the money was told that if I ended up in pain again he wouldn't give me prescription for antibiotic and that other dentists wouldn't rush me in. I've never been back.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Where do you even start with this guy? His office and treatment rooms are filthy. He will do as much work he can get away with billing, whether needed or not, and max out your eligibility within a year of seeing him, and he is more concerned with his non-practice related business than his actual practice. He's left me sitting, mid-procedure while he goes on the phone and deals with his real estate holdings (apparently he rents properties in Owen Sound and since you can hear every word he says on the phone, there's no doubt why he's left you sitting in the chair) he's left to meet someone who comes to his office about his non-practice related business, and he is terrible when it comes to doing things on time. He is overbearing and loud, has been abusive to the point of being criminally charged, and treats his staff horribly. If you are on welfare or have NIHB coverage, he will use up your entire coverage with as many procedures as possible. The quality of his work is questionable as it seems to conveniently need to be repaired as soon as your coverage will again pay for it and I haven't had a filling that he hasn't replaced two or three times and he will try and get as many root canals and crowns approved as possible. Greed motivates this man. Not a love of his practice or his craft. The shockingly bad state of his treatment rooms and office in general is....well, shocking. His "hygienists" are the worst I have ever encountered and have given me the most painful treatments I have ever received, and conveniently after seeing them, suddenly a filling or two pops out. Avoid this man, avoid his practice and as many have said, how he has a license still after all the trouble he's been in with the law is mindblowing.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Repeatedly billed for work he had not done then complained when we came in to have the work finished. Left my son with a temporary fillings. When we switched to a different doctor after it became abundantly clear he had no intention of completing the work, he was placed under review. My son immediately required medical intervention for 5 cavities including two that were abcessed...keep in mind this was merely weeks after seeing Dr. Ross and being told that nothing was wrong and we were dreaming things up... I dont think he even bothered to look at the X-rays because even an amateur could see the dark black spots in the wrong places.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

Good dentist, talks too fast but his assistant is great at clarifying. Always in a rush and can be terribly rude and degrading to his staff, even his wife who is the old one. I think. Seems to know his stuff and my two kids (6 and 14) don't mind going to him at all! Try him out!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I've been to him in the past, and agree he can be rude and make you wait. Check this out: http://www.bakerstreetdental.com/news/canadian-dentist-pleads-guilty-to-threatening-charges-3358/ This is an article of him pleading guilty in court regarding threats.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Ross may be a competent dentist but I went there for a denture issue as his website claims he also does this type of work. What a mistake!...he totally butchered my upper dental on what should have been a simple relining. Cost me hundreds to have a real denturist fix it. Avoid him at all cost for denture work!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

What a mistake it was going to see Chiaramonte , I will not even refer to him as a Doctor, I can't believe he still has a practice in Owen Sound

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

So, I'm a nurse. From my experiences with Dr. Ross, he is thorough and does a well job. He even had my wisdom teeth pulled in a minute or two, and I was out that night socializing with friends, with no concerns. This is a dentist who has gotten a lot of bad rap, for a bad past. Yeah, he made legal mistakes, then he made even with them, did some charity service, etc. Whatever, in the past. I've had him since I was a kid. He is nice to talk to if you aren't the confrontational type (I've seen lots of b@#chy people c/o him). Wait times are a bit long. His practice is exceptionally good, has never done me wrong.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016