Ratings for Dr. Sean Gregg

I had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy scheduled for today. Was scared and VERY much NOT looking for to it. I remember being given a second IV, don't recall falling asleep, and woke up feeling just great. Thanks to Dr. Gregg and his staff for turning a frightening thing into no big deal. Worst part was drinking the 4 litres of unpleasant stuff the day before. Also not as big of a deal as I thought.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

My experience with Dr. Sean Gregg was fabulous. He isa very confident doctor, that answered all questions and appeared to be very humble in my opinion.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I found Dr. Sean Gregg very professional. I personally want to thank him very much for agreeing to do my cancer surgery to remove cancer tumers remaining on my liver and pancreas, after a long session of chemo. His agreement to do this surgery which some surgeons refused gave me 16 months cancer free. My cancer have return now and i am back on chemo.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I am about to meet Dr Greg. I found out Friday that I have a tumor on my pancreas. I am terrified. These comments have set me at ease for my appointment tomorrow.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr S Gregg has done 2 hernia repairs for me now (both from having children). He is very professional & knowledgeable. He has great bedside manner. His staff can be tough to deal with at times & 1 in particular was not too professional. The surgery wait times are out of this world ridiculous for him (which isn't his fault at all), he is very good at what he does.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Kind,caring surgeon.ansered all my questions highly reccomende

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr Gregg preformed life saving cancer surgery on me in Feb 2015,could not ask for anything better. The nurses also speak very highly of him,"we are lucky to have him in Red Deer"

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I literally just got off of the phone with Dr. Gregg's unprofessional receptionist. I was calling to reschedule my SECOND hernia surgery. My initial hernia was due to my last pregnancy. I am from the US and in California, they ALWAYS put a mesh in when dealing with a hernia so the patient doesn't have to deal with future hernia issues. When in my first consultation with Dr. Gregg, I asked him if a mesh will be put in and why I was asking. He said no. Well, here we are with my second hernia in the same place. My initial surgery was set for December a good 8 months after my second consultation. This hernia has been extremely painful for me. I had to wait until December because my husband had 2 weeks off of work and I needed someone to take care of my children while I healed. 2 DAYS before my surgery, I received a phone call telling me my surgery had been bumped. I was forced to reschedule my appointment already knowing I wouldn't have anyone to watch my children as my husband can't take off of work for 2 weeks. I called to reschedule again and was met with a rude receptionist. I explained to her my situation and was told I would be on a waiting list for another 6 months because I had cancelled the schedule last minute. Well, apparently they can do it, but we can't. I think Dr. Gregg as a surgeon was good even though I am having to deal with a 2nd hernia because a mesh wasn't put in to begin with. Bad judgement call on his part. His front staff is unprofessional and incredibly rude. It's unfortunate that he is the ONLY surgeon in Red Deer to do this surgery.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Beyond any doubt the best doctor we have ever met. The nurses repeatedly explained how fortunate we were to have him as our surgeon. He is humble and genuine. Despite being overwhelmingly busy he always found time to sit on the end of my bed and find out how I was doing with my cancer. He was just as kind and caring with the woman next to me and her family. A remarkable person.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Muirhead oversaw my husband's routine appendectomy. The resident nicked an artery and he needed a second emergency surgery for internal bleeding as well as 3 units of blood. Dr. Gregg told us he removed 2.5 litres of blood from his abdominal cavity. After the surgeries my husband developed an infection and was hospitalized again. Dr. Gregg started the treatment plan (iv antibiotics administered at the hospital daily and oral antibiotics). A CT scan was to be completed mid way to see if the antibiotics were working. We followed up with the hospital on this and the requisition had been lost. Since then we have phoned the shared office of these surgeons numerous times. The receptionists are rude and unhelpful and both doctors think the other (or our family doctor who is unfamiliar with this) should be responsible. His antibiotics are done and we are now just waiting to see if he will get sick again and need another hospital stay. This post-op treatment is terrible and very frustrating.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014