Ratings for Dr. Teemu J. Scarborough

We just moved here last year and found Dr. Scarborough through sheer luck. He has been just great for corwns for me and major implant work and denture work for my husband. The staff is wonderful, too, and he has the best ever hygienist. "Comfort" is definitely their thing! Plus they accept a variety of insurance plans.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

I had a very positive experience at Dr. Scarborough's office. I had only two weeks before I need to leave to head back to school, but I needed to have my wisdom teeth pulled before then. I had been recommended to his office by some family and friends that had had other work done there and so I decided to give it a shot. Despite the full schedule of patients he had for those next two weeks, they managed to squeeze me in that week even which would allow time to heal before I left-I really appreciated that. After being in the office for only a matter of minutes I felt welcomed and comfortable because all of his staff we're extremely helpful and kind; from Lori and Danielle at the front desk, to Heather, his dental hygienist, who gave me my anesthetics to numb my mouth. The procedure itself was timely and went very smoothly. You can tell that Dr. Scarborough is very knowledgeable in his field and up to date on the latest technology, so he always makes sure that you're getting the best possible options available. He did a very nice job and I am highly satisfied with his work. I would recommend Dr. Scarborough to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I do not agree with the 2 negative comments, I went in as a new patient and had the free x-rays and then Heather was able to do my cleaning that same day. It worked out great! I loved the ability for Dr. Scarborough to do an oral cancer screening with the type of x-rays he does. And I walked away with see you in 6 months for your next cleaning! No Cavities

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Agree with the comments that he comes across egotistical and is selling unneeded services! Unscrupulous person.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I went to Dr. Scarborough on the strength of his advertisement offering implants to sensitive and difficult dental patients. The name of this business is Comfort Dental! Out of 5 appointments, I waited 2 hours or more 3 times to be seen. I had to cancel my own patients because I could not finish my own day. I was also upsold to replace a crown on the other side of my mouth from the implants because 'I was going to use that side of my mouth to chew on' and the crown was old. I will never know if that was true. After the implants were put in, he said I needed a new crown above the implants because the old one wouldn't match the new teeth. At my new dentist who is now putting in the crowns I had him check the old crown to see if that was true. He said it wasn't! But what made me not return to finish the crowns on the new implants was his offhand remark to his assistant while he pulled a tooth for the implant. He said "All that for nothing". Meaning the tooth he pulled didn't merit the discomfort I was showing. Comfort dental is the name of the business! Insulting, upselling unneeded expensive dental work to increase revenue twice with the same patient paying cash. And the last insult of all - his front desk staff felt something should be done for the 2+ hour wait time for 3 of my visits and offered me 4 movie tickets. Big wow, but I accepted. When he presented me with the tickets, it was 2 not 4. And he needed to announce his largesse to the patients in his waiting room by waving them around and then asking me if I knew where the movie theaters were! We only have 2 Regal and 1 AMC in my town. An unscrupulous, unprofessional, greedy, and egotistic dentist.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Extremely capable and knowledgeable Dr. - very progressive and detailed.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

His last name is actually spelled Scarborough. Anyway - he is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I tried going to another dentist (union insurance discount) and it was such an awful experience that I called Dr. Scarborough, from that dentists chair, and said "What do I do?". I had the union dentist stop his work, and I went into Dr. Scarborough's office an hour later, and he fixed my tooth - doing a root canal as opposed to an extraction and implant. Saved me lost of $$ and I will trust no one else in the area. I have been a patient since he opened in Spokane, and will continue till he retires or moves : )

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I had a tooth pulled which was very difficult to say the least; however, this morning I have no swelling or pain...unbelievable!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

I think he is a great specialist, he does the best crowns and implants and his prices for implants are the cheapest in town. After having them placed in my mouth I did not even have to take pain meds once. Other doctors wouldn't even start discussing how they could restore my mouth - it was so beaten up, but he gradually and greatly improved my situation. Yes it costs money, but it's not a doctors fault that sometimes there is a lot of work that needs to be done. He does crowns the same day and he is so precise that you would never say it's not your natural tooth. highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST. DO NOT GET SUCKED IN BY HIS FREE EXAMS. I agree with the previous comment and had a very similar experience. I went in for a simple crown and was left with continuing jaw pain for which I have no solution. See my full comment under his correctly spelled name: Scarborough.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011