Ratings for Dr. James Wright

I came across Dr. James Wright RateMD profile by chance as I do not put too much credibility in these forums. Physician's personality and fortunate outcomes tend to be the basis of most opinions formed by patients. Dr. Wright met my two children Jennifer and Robert years after a automobile accident rendering them both with the condition of paralysis. Dr. Wright agreed to continue a bracing method rather than concurring with our prior Orthopedic Surgeon's opinion. We were extremely fortunate to receive the services of Naomi Matsui at Bloorview Kids Rehab. Ms. Matsui attention to detail in constructing a TLSO-body brace was beyond reproach and we spent until midnight with her on a couple of occasions in fitting our son's brace. No doubt if Dr. Wright recommends a course of action it is the optimal solution but the execution if sub-optimal may result in a poor outcome. Dr. Wright's professionalism is readily apparent while his sincere concern for his patients becomes apparent over time.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr. Wright is the most amazing doctor any child can see. We have been seeing him for almost 5 years for our daughter who was born with vertical talus. He has performed 2 surgeries on her, and has always explained everything to us, and does not sugar coat anything. He is amazing with our daughter, and she looks up to Dr. Wright. Yes, the wait times can be quite long, but we see him at Sick Kids hospital in Toronto, so one can only imagine the other patients he is with. We consider ourselves very lucky to have been sent to Dr. Wright, and are thankful for everything he has done, and will be doing in the future. Not only is he amazing with kids, but he takes the time to discuss things with parents.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr Wright has a very one track mind. When theres a new treatment out thats the only one he will stand by. My Daughter was born with club feet I met him during my pregnancy to ensure that the right things were in place for when she was born. This Dr only believes the the casting methood to fix this when I asked if that doesnt work then what? he said it would work period! Went to a diffrent Ortho and tried the casting didnt work did 3 surgerys to fix her feet. And of corse my DR goes else where and I get the same guy! My daughter has been suffering pain for 3 years he say try this see you in 4 months see him in 4 months oh well just wait it out see you in 6 months and so on and so on so in the mean time my kids gets to suffer while he "waits it out" for 2 YEARS! and still waiting!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010