Ratings for Dr. Mohammed Shamji

My prayers go out especially to the children but also to all the patients that no longer have a family doctor or a neurosurgeon. Dr. Shamji helped one of our family members by performing multiple spinal surgeries--we now have to find another surgeon who can take over and who is knowledgable about our family member's particular rare disorder. He is incredibly skilled, and was most kind, and took time to explain everything, and answer all questions. He seemed to care very deeply about all his patients. This is a horrible tragedy..clearly something snapped. The pain that he has caused to his children and family members and the community is immeasurable. ...and even the pain and regret he must now feel for this horrible sin. My heart goes out to all who are suffering (and will suffer because of this sin). May God bring healing and salvation to all.

Submitted December 5, 2016

Best physician I've ever encountered, such a tragic act...how could someone so smart be so dumb

Submitted December 4, 2016

Very Excellent neurosurgeon. Brilliant, caring and compassionate. Very kind, gentle . I will Never believe he did it.

Submitted December 4, 2016

He was great handling my surgery and I feel a lot better than I did. Thank you

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Shamji! He helped my husband immensely and was due for his 2nd surgery soon. My thoughts and prayers are with him and both families and his professional family at TWH😔

Submitted December 4, 2016

I have nothing but gratitude for Dr. Shamji. He operated on my badly fractured spine 6 mos ago and I am walking now. I oho found him kind, empathetic, patient with my questions, which he answered fully, repetitively if necessary, gentle. I couldn't have been more blessed to have him as my surgeon. And if he did this I wonder what happened to bring him to such action. If he did this ( accused does not mean guilty!) he must be in tremendous pain right now and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I pray he didn't do it.

Submitted December 4, 2016

Stop talking about what he has done in his personal life on this website. This website is to rate his skills as a physician. He spent more than half of his life studying so for sure he didn't want something like this to happen. Be supportive people; his kids will read your posts one day. Judge him as a doctor if you are posting a comment here, and leave the rest to those who have the power to judge.

Submitted December 4, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Mohammed Shamji for almost 2 years now and I am beyond shocked at what he has been accused of. My prayers go out to his family and friends. I guess I am able to compartmentalize the man from the accused action because of what I did professionally before I was no longer able to work. Dr. Shamji had given me hope again after having none for over 10 years. Her operated on me a year ago and was caring, empathetic, professional, supportive. My case was very complicated and he never made us feel rushed in asking questions, he explained everything to the 't', checked on me regularly himself. I couldn't have asked for a more skilled or patient Dr. I have a sense of loss now, anxiety, hopelessness because he was 1 in a million and I don't know what happened to him that if he did this crime what went wrong with him in that moment but that's not the person I knew. Of course I know his children are suffering a far greater loss and of course I realize I am insignificant in the grand scheme of things but his patients ARE affected too. When your quality of life is so poor that death would be a welcoming option and someone holds out a hand to you and offrs help and can actually help that is huge!!!!! My prayers first and foremost are with his children and family and secondly his patients that needed him and no longer will have that hope.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I had a positive experience with Dr. Shamji - I saw someone post about him being arrogant last week (a comment that seems to have been removed) and so I wanted to share my thoughts. He is VERY busy, so it took forever to see him, but he is the most compassionate surgeon whom I have ever met. Clinic visits are brief but to the point, tests I needed were explained, and when it came to surgery he did it skillfully with a team that inspired confidence. Beverly is great although at times seems over-worked (Dr. Shamji - don't lose her!) and his chief resident Dr. Abdul seems to never sleep. Thank you for taking care of me!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I was in Dominican Rep. When I was hit with incredible arm and back pains. I had a MRI done and it was revealed my c6c7 were pinching my nerves against my spinal cord. After a emergency flight home, I was admitted at the hospital same night. The following day Dr. Shamji seen my MRI results. Dr.Shamjj suggested Cervical artificial disc replacement. Two days pasted until I received the surgury. After surgury. All pain that I suffered was gone. I had new pain, but is expected with this type of surgury. I felt Dr. Shamji was incredible neurosurgeon with my operation. I wish I was in his care earlier. Great job. Patient Curt

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016