Dr. Ryan M. Smith

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ryan M. Smith

I see him in Calais. I had a great deal of trouble getting my medications correct for many years. Dr. Smith helped me not only with depression, but also with terrible addictions to alcohol that I had for decades. Gone. In two months. Incredible doctor, and very funny, personable, has doctor-students with him that also are very nice to work with. A+

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Wonderful doctor. Very sorry to have heard that he was leaving MMC to practice up north, but they are lucky to be getting him. Knows a *LOT* about psycological drugs and was able to get my son's condition under control with drugs where several previous doctors were unable to. He explained the medical aspects of the situation clearly and wrote things down for me to tak ehome. He's down to earth and funny. Very recommended doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

Dr Smith is leaving Dartmouth and is moving to Maine to practice. I must say that in all the years I have been coming to this psychiatric clinic, Dr Smith has been THE most knowledgeable in terms of medication management; he got my horrendous depression under control with a very old medication but Jesus did it work. He told me: "Trust me, I will not let you down." And I let him alter my medications and thank God I did. I can now function and enjoy my grandchildren. Portland is lucky to be getting a doctor like Ryan. A+ 5 stars 100%, this guy is great. Oh yes and he has a great sense of humor and always made me laugh!!!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

This doctor is at Dartmouth presently, a resident psychiatry doctor, not Brockton. He is a riot, I love his personality, and he is VERY knowledgeable with medications and side effects, gave me handout she had written himself on med siden effects and the like. He is very astute, so don't try to pull a fast one for Klonopin with him , you wont get any and hell call u on it hahahah Very highly recommened.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

This fellow is a resident at the va in brockton. he made such an impact on me 0- spent several hours with me rather than just giving me drug he helped me solve my problems while on the ward. he explained in detail what schitzophrenia is and why i am on the meds i am. Have never had someone spend such time with me on these issues. thumbs up to Dr Smith!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

kind, knowledgeable young dr Really sat with us and helped us understand our situation in simpole terms. hes highly recommended from us, nobody better!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2010

Dr. Ryan M. Smith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • Old English

• University of New England (Grad. 2010)

• Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Neurologists and Psychiatrists