Ratings for Dr. Edgar Barnett

he is a good doctor he encouraged me to start univeristy .i completed 2 degrees withhis encouragement.i have lost over 70 pounds with his help. he is a great doctor ,i am the living proof

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Barnett did hypnosis on my mother when I was a teenager in order to resolve her trauma issues. Digging for repressed memories is considered Stage 3 Trauma work. People are supposed to get Stage 1 and Stage 2 Trauma care first. Within days, my mother became Psychotic with the memories and started believing people were poisoning her and had to be hospitalized for several weeks. I cannot blame him for her trauma issues, obviously, but I believe he should to proper Trauma training (ISSTD; Judith Herman; Peter Levine, etc) to prepare people better, and also hook people up with proper Resources (even a list of phone numbers like SACCK and Distress Lines) so they have support for the after hours when they are processing their sad and distressing histories via his Hypnosis).

Submitted January 29, 2013

Dr. Barnett treated me with a kind and caring manner. He quickly got to the root of my problems and provided ongoing support. He was always on time and never kept me waiting for appts. He kept my family doctor up to date on my progress. His secretary was very friendly and efficient very empathetic. I have reccommended him to several of my friends who all have received results comparable to mine.

Submitted September 14, 2012

Does hypnosis and tells you to hug your inner child. He wants you to repeat this process and assumes all your current problems will go away. He's very stuck on his one method and doesn't try to explore other options. Wants you to buy his book. I felt it was a real waste of time.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

A hypnotherapist who decides you did not love your mother etc. and assumes everyone is dissociating. Has written a book he thinks you should buy.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010