Ratings for Dr. Sean Richard Mahoney

Very kind and knowledgeable with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This man goes above and beyond as a doctor and genuinely cares about his patients. I consider myself fortunate to have him as my family physician and I am 100% confident in the care that he and his staff provides for my family. And he helped me quit smoking!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Very difficult to reach the office as you cannot leave a message. However, Dr. Mahoney and the other doctors in his office are very quick and professional. They just need to find a way that the patients can call (and not always get the busy signal or an answering machine you cannot leave a message on)

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

He is the best doctor I ever had. I was going through a rough period in my life, but had made an appointment to discuss some test results, but he noticed right away I was struggling emotionally. He knew that this was more important than anything else, he sat, listened and was very caring. Not once did I feel judged. He prescribed some medication and got me back on my feet. I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

The best doctor I have ever had. His staff is great, his nurse is wonderful(the old one and the new one) and his practice is reliable. He always listens, is always caring, is always helpful and best of all he is open to suggestions if you have heard or read somethiing about your condition. That doesn't mean he follows any quack idea you have, just that he is open to listening to your idea before giving his advice or referral. Best of all is that he is younger than me, meaning unless something unforseen happens and he moves, quits or gets ill(heaven forbid), I should outlive him and never need to have another family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

The best doctor I have ever had. He saved my life. He is kind and patient and great at his job. If you get him as your doctor consider yourself having won the medical practitioner lottery.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Fantastic period. He actually called me at home to follow up on how I was feeling. It is like the old days.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Why is it the Dr.s receptionists are so abrupt & rude when you call them? They should be lucky to have a job! As for Dr Mahoney, he is a concerned & kind person, hopes he stays that way.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

Dr. Mahoney is very kind and easy to talk to. He makes me feel comfortable talking to him and asking questions. He is also the Dr of my year old baby and has been excellent with her. Both receptionists are rude over the phone and in person. They make me not even want to call the office to make an appt. Like another patient said in a review below, the receptionists are "rude, abrupt and pretentious".

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Great doctor ! Kind and compassionate however the receptionist is awful and does as little as possible. She is unable of providing customer service and appears to hate her job. What a shame patients have to deal with such unprofessional behavior.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Very likeable and personable. We've been his patients for about 5 years and find he is not very thorough and has been inconsistent with medications. His nurse is excellent but his receptionist's are rude, abrupt and pretentious.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015