Ratings for Dr. Joshua Thambiraj

He has been around for awhile and his experience shows. Gave me the answer I was looking for. He's got great bedside manner too

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Heard a talk by this doctor on osteoarthritis today and he emphasises the need for exercise and weight loss. Was very informative. Seems our expectations for surgical cures is overated by the evidence. Pity braces and orthotics are so expensive yet not very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Just a waste of time, I will never recommend this 'dr' - has no clue what he is talking about. I wonder if he's a real doctor??? If your family doctor refers you to him, consider running, he would only try to sell you a 'miracle injection' that is very expensive and not covered by health care or insurance. Again, you will only be wasting your time. Thank God for real doctors.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

It is obvious the previous "review" is not a review as it offers no useful information only insults. The persons leaving these kinds of review and calling names most likely did not get what they wanted and are anonymously posting out in a forum that will not hold them accountable . Dr T is available as an orthopaedic doctor to those of us in the community who cannot get in to see the busy orthopaedics in the hospitals.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Aweful very Doctor he knew absolutely nothing of me he didn't take no consideration of my history he did not care if I was wheeled in with a wheelchair if I was limping or if I was crawling I would not recommend this doctor to anybody he really needs to educate himself on to treat patients

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Finally a surgeon that doesn't push surgery at any cost. Polite and knowleable and suggests strategies for improvement including exercise for my knee pain. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Avoid this moron at all costs. I'm a healthcare professional who had a horrendous experience with this man. He took my cast off after 3 weeks without even sending me for an x-ray. Thankfully, I requested an x-ray through my GP and had to get re-casted. This Dr. is not a surgeon and is not permitted to perform surgery in Canada. I was able to see a real orthopeadic surgeon through my work and was well taken care of. As a healthcare professional, I was able to advocate for myself. I feel very sorry for anyone who gets referred to this incompetent Dr.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Punctual. Kind. Courteous. Sagacious. Precise. Concise. 10/10 for this man. To Dr. T.: Continue the positive good of what you and your staff are doing and ignore insipid negativity.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Was told that I'm too "pretty' to get surgery on my hand. Felt about 2" tall when that happened. My cinovial membrane tear has a huge bulge. It was drained quickly the first time and told that there's a 30 % chance for return. Was not told what to do after the procedure and it came back within a month. Now waiting o get in again. I hope I'm not too pretty for surgery this time.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I was not at all impressed by Dr. Thambiraj or by his staff. I was referred to him by another medical professional and when Dr. Thambiraj's office called to make an appointment to me, they did not tell me the name of the clinic or where it was located; I had to Google his name to find this information. In the intervening weeks, the office called to reschedule my appointment multiple times. My expectations were not high, but I was still surprised and upset when I showed up fifteen minutes early for my appointment time only to discover that it had apparently been rescheduled again... to two hours earlier! Fortunately (given that I'd taken time I couldn't really afford to take off work to come to his clinic) his staff were able to fit me in anyway. I don't know whether this scheduling mixup at the hands of his incompetent staff is responsible for the treatment I received, but I found Dr. Thambiraj extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. I did not come to him seeking a particular diagnosis, but when I am referred to a specialist by another specialist, I expect to be treated with respect and have my symptoms taken seriously. He asked me almost no questions and his cursory examination left me with no confidence that he had in any way assessed or addressed the concerns the other specialist had raised. He may be a knowledgeable doctor but my experience with him provided no evidence to support this.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016