Ratings for Dr. Gohar A. Sheikh

Sought Dr Sheikh's assistance re my posture about two years ago. Initially there was a period of weekly treatment which tailed off to once a month upkeep. Currently it is once in 2-3 months. I am happy to certify that the treatment has been a great success and my posture has improved significantly. My chest appears "unlocked" and I can push my shoulders back quite freely. Thank You Dr Sheikh.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

this place is frightening. This is not a proper clinic moreover an assembly line for patients coming in and out. They even have tables right out in the open just steps away from the waiting area where people get treatment. You don't even get a private room to have your first consult, (you are literally 3 feet away from the next person getting treatment). These people even brag about doing chiropractic work on a 10 day old baby because of "birth trauma".... I kid you not. The receptionists sound and act like more like sales people than receptionists and I didn't even get in to see the doctor for my visit until an hour after the app time. During the hour I was waiting. I noticed time and time again the "receptionist" leaving the desk (and people waiting there) for up to 10 minutes at a time to go and massage incoming patients. I could go on and on but let's just say don't waste your money or your time and go to a real chiropractic office. Do not trust these people!

Submitted February 24, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Sheikh's from May 2008 until I recently moved to Toronto. During those years I saw Dr. Sheikh for an initial 12 week therapy program (2008) followed by regular maintenance on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Following extended travel in Europe in 2011 I repeated the 12 weeks therapy program to resolve issues that arose during my travel, followed again by regular weekly and bi-weekly maintenance. Dr. Sheikh has always been professional, informative, friendly and always successful in returning me to a pain free, active lifestyle. I will miss him and hope I'm able to find a doctor with the same skills and professional manner as Dr. Sheikh here in Toronto.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Dr. Sheikh is a very soft spoken, passionate man. He shows great concern and compassion for his patients. His staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Everyone makes you feel welcome. Thanks to Dr. Sheikh I am smoke free since Nov 12 2013. No cravings for nicotine or craving excessive amounts of food. I recommend anyone with an ailment or addiction to cigarettes to visit with Dr. Sheikh.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Professionalism @ its highest form, with true concern for patients well-being, not only interested in patients health, but their education with regards to the treatments being recieved. A professional to refer to others.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

I have suffered with back problems for a long time due to sports injuries. I have seen Dr. Sheikh for five months so far and have experienced a remarkable lessening of pain and increased flexibility. However, patience is required as noticeable results take a little time. I especially appreciate the scientific and data driven approach which track changes.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

I suffered for several years with chronic pain in my chest, left arm and shoulder. There was also tingling down my left arm. My initial reaction was a heart attach. I made at least 3 visits to an emergency ward and my heart was given a clean bill of health. Next my doctor said it was depression and put me on anti-depressants. Still the symptoms were there. I chased the pain for several years trying everything. Therapy helped a bit short term. I had asked my doctor about a chiropractor and he said that he would not recommend it. One day the pain was so bad that I walked into Dr Sheikh's office feeling what did I have to lose. He sent me for xrays and immediately identified 2 degenerated and one bulging disc in my neck. These were caused from a car accident years earlier where I had whipped my neck. It has been a long road for me and two surgeries later. I feel better than I have in a long time with credit to Dr Sheikh. I have been doing regular laser therapy which has worked wonders.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I paid $85 for the initial diagnosis. He only asked some questions about myself and checked my body and then he said I need to come back to do adjustment. He also recommended me to do laser treatment which will help me with my problem. The treatment is $100 each time and I need to do at least twice. So, I paid $85 and didn't get any adjustment at all. Not recommended to other people. It seems he just wants to make more money.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr Sheikh is a healer. Because of him I am living with 90% less chronic pain after only 3 weeks of treatment and feeling more like myself again. He has been the only practitioner (after attempting multiple types of treatment with multiple practitioners) who truly has been invested in my full recovery. He is inquisitive, knowledgeable, careful and caring while assessing and adjusting my pregnant body. I knew intuitively after the first visit with Dr Sheikh that I was in the right place and in the right hands. The staff are lovely, appointment times flexible and wait time is minimal if any at all. I confidently recommend Dr Sheikh and his practice for restoration of health.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I have been a patient at Elign Chiropractic for more than 15 years. Over that time I have experienced the best care possible from Dr Sheikh and his team. I appreciate the holistic approach to patient care from consultations to adjustments and regular check in's. As a very active person the care and regular adjustments have kept me free of pain and able to experience the best quality of life possible.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013