Ratings for Dr. Paul Mainwaring

This doctor treated my sister whom I accompanied to appointments on multiple occasions so saw first hand what many have stated in their reviews. I agree very arrogant and full of himself and misinformation. He was not honest with her prognosis from day one and even admitted it to her before her death. He subjected her to years of chemo with devastating side effects only to be told time and time again she had hope of a cure. She had metastasis which was never explained to her or even revealed until one of her last visits when she challenged him with questions in her last ditch effort to try and get honest answers. Absolutely disgusted with her treatment by this doctor .

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

My only regret with Dr. Mainwaring is that I didn,t meet him till after my surgery. I am convinced now that he would have saved my manhood as well my life. Medicine is changing so quickly, you need a doctor who is keeping up with the changes. If you are looking forward someone to hold your hand and comfort you, forget if you want to fight cancer? Trust this man totally.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Paul Mainwaring cares deeply for his patients he saved my life and a young person who was told to set their affairs in order is still alive 6 years later due to a Paul taking over her treatment. Being an asset on the social scene does not make a great doctor. And how can anyone not praise the staff at the Mater they are wonderful

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

He saved my life when other Oncologists had given up. His team at Canossa is amazing, 1000 times better than the Mater team. He is way ahead in his thinking compared to two other Oncologists I saw . Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

My daughter was a patient of this doctor. I am absolutely heartbroken as I write this. My daughter had become quite ill and was admitted to emergency due to her deterioration of health. My daughter was exhibiting a change in behaviour and was quite confused and disorientated.at this time. This doctor was called to see my daughter, which on examination thought it best to hand over her care to a palliative care doctor. I am absolutely disgusted with his manner and approach in speaking to my daughter during this examination. While asking questions, my daughter was having great difficulty in answering him due to her confusion and deterioration of her illness. I can remember him almost smirking as my daughter was trying so very hard to answer him. Did he find this amusing? My daughter was admitted into hospital from emergency shortly after this where she very sadly passed away a few days later. I miss her terribly. Love you my beautiful girl.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I found Paul after a second sister of mine was diagnosed with aggressive rare cancer. For their cancer there is not a targeted therapy. Prior Onc's were treating them for a different cancer and hoping for the best. If you are sick with a rare cancer this is the Oncologist for you!! I think his mind is in over drive with amazing knowledge and we'd much rather be called Hewie, Dewie and Louie than have an Oncologist that says that's all we've got, go and enjoy. Paul will do tests that other Onc's won't because they have given up! Paul is up with the latest research, he travels the world attending symposiums so he can learn about the latest treatments and apply them to saving your life. I understand that certainly some of the other reviews having troubling content. Paul might not offer a copy of your bloods, but we always ask for one and he's only too happy to print it off. If he marches on and is too fast for you, pull him back, he will respond to that. All I can add is that we celebrate the day we found this unique, researching oncologist. Sue from the "Jones" clan...

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

A nurse who worked at Canossa Hospital had warned me that it was all about the money with this doctor. This nurse strongly recommended we change oncologists. Certainly doesn't give you a lot of confidence does it when you entrust a doctor with your health, wellbeing and life.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Non existent communication skills, inability to field questions, and monothematic in his therapeutic approaches. There are many far better choices for a clinical oncologist. My good fortune to me be well versed and able to evaluate. Others may not be so lucky.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I would not see anyone else. Yes his bed side manner may be not to everyone's taste. But if you take an interest in your health and want to be a survivor not a victim then Paul is the doctor to see. He is extremely intelligent and due to the fact I live rural, I know how lucky I am to have such a wonderful intelligent pull no punches Oncologist, who is up to date with best and current treatment options. A wonderful Oncologist, who I trust with my life. Thankyou

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I can definitely relate to the comment below. Arrogant, VERY moody, insensitive and too many patients to provide sufficient care.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Paul Mainwaring's Credentials

• BCBS Texas
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)