Ratings for Dr. Paul Mainwaring

He saved my life when other Oncologists had given up. His team at Canossa is amazing, 1000 times better than the Mater team. He is way ahead in his thinking compared to two other Oncologists I saw . Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

My daughter was a patient of this doctor. I am absolutely heartbroken as I write this. My daughter had become quite ill and was admitted to emergency due to her deterioration of health. My daughter was exhibiting a change in behaviour and was quite confused and disorientated.at this time. This doctor was called to see my daughter, which on examination thought it best to hand over her care to a palliative care doctor. I am absolutely disgusted with his manner and approach in speaking to my daughter during this examination. While asking questions, my daughter was having great difficulty in answering him due to her confusion and deterioration of her illness. I can remember him almost smirking as my daughter was trying so very hard to answer him. Did he find this amusing? My daughter was admitted into hospital from emergency shortly after this where she very sadly passed away a few days later. I miss her terribly. Love you my beautiful girl.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I found Paul after a second sister of mine was diagnosed with aggressive rare cancer. For their cancer there is not a targeted therapy. Prior Onc's were treating them for a different cancer and hoping for the best. If you are sick with a rare cancer this is the Oncologist for you!! I think his mind is in over drive with amazing knowledge and we'd much rather be called Hewie, Dewie and Louie than have an Oncologist that says that's all we've got, go and enjoy. Paul will do tests that other Onc's won't because they have given up! Paul is up with the latest research, he travels the world attending symposiums so he can learn about the latest treatments and apply them to saving your life. I understand that certainly some of the other reviews having troubling content. Paul might not offer a copy of your bloods, but we always ask for one and he's only too happy to print it off. If he marches on and is too fast for you, pull him back, he will respond to that. All I can add is that we celebrate the day we found this unique, researching oncologist. Sue from the "Jones" clan...

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

A nurse who worked at Canossa Hospital had warned me that it was all about the money with this doctor. This nurse strongly recommended we change oncologists. Certainly doesn't give you a lot of confidence does it when you entrust a doctor with your health, wellbeing and life.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Non existent communication skills, inability to field questions, and monothematic in his therapeutic approaches. There are many far better choices for a clinical oncologist. My good fortune to me be well versed and able to evaluate. Others may not be so lucky.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I would not see anyone else. Yes his bed side manner may be not to everyone's taste. But if you take an interest in your health and want to be a survivor not a victim then Paul is the doctor to see. He is extremely intelligent and due to the fact I live rural, I know how lucky I am to have such a wonderful intelligent pull no punches Oncologist, who is up to date with best and current treatment options. A wonderful Oncologist, who I trust with my life. Thankyou

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I can definitely relate to the comment below. Arrogant, VERY moody, insensitive and too many patients to provide sufficient care.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Rude and disinterested in his patients. Speaks down to people when they are at their most vulnerable. After extensive waiting times consultations last about 60 seconds and he tells you nothing unless you ask very specific questions. When we changed to another oncologist he refused to send the patient records despite many requests from the new doctor. This went on for weeks until my friend died before he was able to have a thorough consultation with the new oncologist. He is well known amongst the medical profession as a bully and incompetent.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I have seen Dr Paul for 10 years now and have my upmost confidence and faith in this man as my oncologist. I feel I can ask him anything and as I live in a remote area I have found he has always answered my queries and offered help to resolve any problems in an incredibly timely manner. I would highly recommend Dr Paul to anyone. He has always made me feel very comfortable and yes he may be a little different to other doctors but he has a great sense of humour and is not at all cold or aloof, he brightens a typically challenging and difficult journey. I will always be most grateful to this hardworking dedicated man.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

He is hopeless. He had one job to do and that was to keep an eye on my blood counts whilst on chemo. He missed the abnormality in the count on several occasions and finally picked it up on the 5th visit! Interesting that you never receive a copy of your counts. Is he even looking at the right patient! Do you call that quality care as you wait at least an hour every visit? We went to our GP to find another oncologist and even my GP remarked that he would expect a medical specialist to be able to tell a normal blood count from an abnormal one, that is what you are paying him for. It seems unless some other senior consultant is telling him how to manage a patient, he doesn't have a clue! He comes out with stupid statements about research going ahead in this area, because he has no other information. It make a good throw away line as if he knows something, but if you question him further he has no real knowledge about that either!!! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID your life does depend on it!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017