Ratings for Dr. Dean Cave

Dr. Cave has been my general physician for several years now, ever since my long time doctor retired and his practice was bought by someone I didn't trust. That prompted a switch to Terwillegar Medical Clinic, where I've been a happy patient of Dr. Dean Cave's for several years. I find him very thorough, knowledgeable, and generally punctual. On top that, has a very friendly manner. I have no hesitation recommending him

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

Reading other reviews, I agree that, granted, Dr Dean Cave is a little bit eclectic but take that with a grain of salt -smart people usually are. He's one of the few doctors that I've come across that will explain what he thinks is wrong with you, why he thinks that, and educate you a little bit on some background here and there. Most importantly, he cares , he listens, and you will NEVER feel rushed out of his office ever. Yeah, he's quirky and a bit weird and he'll even admit that. I cannot stress enough how much he actually cares about his patients, though. Anecdotal story: When my daughter was first born, the assigned pediatrician we were give from the hospital just seemed to want to log numbers. Our visit with the pediatrician was always rushed, never lasted more than 10 minutes, and we rarely got to ask any questions because we felt so rushed. So, we decided to take our new born to Dr Cave. Our first visit with him, he explained his background with children, dedicated a solid hour to us looking over our child, and addressing any and every concern we had. He invoked conversation which allowed us to remember all the questions we had (and ones we didn't plan on asking). Some might say he's quirky but I call it personality. Most importantly, he's knowledgeable and he cares.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

I had been a patient of Dr. Cave's for 2-3 years when I was T-Boned by a speeding, distracted driver. I tried for over a week to get an appointment to see Dr. Cave. The reception staff was completely useless, they kept telling me to call back the next day. They finally got me an appointment but the day of called to inform me they screwed-up and booked me in with his wife instead so they'd have to reschedule. I was in quite a lot of pain and found the games they were playing mean. I went to another doctor and they found a fractured wrist, dislocated tendons, pulled liagments, severe whiplash as well as gashes on my leg that needed attention. Don't waste your time on this clinic, if you actually NEED to see a doctor the staff turn into useless twits.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I visited Dr Cave for help with a chronic sinus infection. He couldn't tell me the difference between a plane ascending or descending- but he could tell me that if a baby was crying, I'd probably have problems with my sinuses. He also suggested that I aim to lose 50 pounds (literally!) in the two months leading to an upcoming trip, and suggested cutting foods that aren't in my diet to begin with. I heard the Benny Hill theme in my head for the duration of my visit.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

This is my second rating. I have been seeing Dr Cave for over a year now and have had 5 dermafibromias removed. He is a very very caring Dr. I love his sense of humour. He has always treated me with respect and dignity. He did a fabulous job taking off those hedious things off my legs and I feel way more comfortable showing my legs. Also he helped my husband and I lose weight. I like that he is very upfront with everything that he is doing. I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Awesome Doctor!! I have known Dr. Dean Cave for over 30 years now. Him and his wife were loved and missed by many people in hinton where they both practiced for many years. Dr. Dean was my doctor when I was a child around 7 and I still remember his humor and kindness to me as a child. I reconnected with him a few years ago and he has been an awesome doctor for my wife, my son and I. He is a very special doctor, he truly cares for all his patients and he does the best he can to help them!! I will be getting bariatric surgery soon, and he has been very supportive and helpful throughout the whole process. He referred me to the weightwise clinic at the Royal Alex and has helped me to prolong and save my life. I would recommend Dr. Cave or his wife to anyone looking for a kind brilliant Doctor!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Cave for years now, following him from the University Clinic to his new facility. He does a great job of respecting my preferences towards treatment and medication, and suggested a specialist when necessary. He likes to talk, but I really don't mind that at all- much better than the doctors who don't explain things. He takes his time to figure out your problem and never rushes the appointments. I would recommend Dr Cave.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I have seen Dr. Dean Cave for a couple of years and he is such a nice doctor. He is knowledgeable and always has the time to listen to your concerns. He also is very good with getting to the bottom of things which is so nice that he knows when to pass you on to a specialist. There have been several situations where he called me regarding my test results. I have had to get medical insurance papers filled out and filled them out right away so that I am not being flagged. I feel like I am writing the same things as the person below - my experience is very much like theirs which is nice to know he is consistent in how he treats his patients. Thank you so much Dr. Dean Cave for addressing my health concerns and I appreciate your time and kindness!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Cave is an amazing doctor! I truly mean it. He has been my family doctor for 2 years now, and I can honestly say I trust him completely. He is very knowledgeable, and listens to your concerns. Best of all - he doesn't push pills at you. Instead, he tries to figure out the cause rather than masking the symptoms with medications. When he sends your for tests - he marks off and explains everything. He doesn't send you for anything he doesn't feel you need. In the past, I've had a doctor who treated a bloodwork requisition as if it were a grocery list, checking off everything that they see. Dr. Cave isn't like that. He knows what he is looking for, and uses tests to confirm it. He has called me personally to tell me my results, and always stresses that he is there to help. I absolutely adore Dr. Cave. I don't believe he is accepting patients - so my hopes for this post is that he at some point reads it - so he knows just how wonderful and appreciated he is. Thank you Dr. Cave!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I have seen dr cave on 3 separate occasions and I thought he was awesome. I thought I had moles but they weren't and he graciously took the off for me. Will definitely see him on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016