Ratings for Dr. Phoebe Rich

I saw Dr Rich after my own highly recommended dermatologist referred me on because she couldn't help me. I liked Dr Rich and her practice so much that I have switched my entire family. She treats patients like a human being, not a profit centre. She is helpful, explains what is going on, gives advice and is very pragmatic and down to earth. Her PA, Amy, was outstanding with my son's acne. She listened to our feelings about the previous doctor's treatment, took my son's lifestyle into account and came up with a treatment plan we were very happy with. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Yes, I have had to wait, although never more than 15 minutes. But I am used to that and it is more than worth it for the joy of having a real doctor, not a healthcare industry servant. I highly recommend this office, if you can get an appointment. She is very busy.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Three members of my family go to this practice, starting perhaps since 2003. I do not and will not for the sole reason that patients time is frankly, disrespected. Dr. Rich is _always_ late; we have waited up to two hours past an appointment time and told the supposed reason was an emergency with a patient. A dermatological emergency? Pulleese! Other times you end-up chatting with others looking impatient in the waiting area only to find they have double- and even triple-book patients for the same time for Dr. Rich. I have commented and complained about it and have been told that Dr. Rich knows patients are ticked-off but continues to prefer to run her office in this manner, supposedly because she knows patients want her as their dermatologist. If her schedule is full, she apparently has no incentive to change. Appointments with her PA, which we like and respect, run much closer to schedule, but still tend to be ~10-15 minutes late.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. Rich is highly skilled and experienced. She treated my teengage daughter for several skin issues that would be tough on any teen's self esteem. She spent a lot of time assessing the problems and then explaining the medications to her and how to properly use them. She seems to take a more aggressive treatment approach than the dermatologists we have seen, which is appreciated when dealing with something like psoriasis.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Best experience I have ever had in a Doctor's office. I could tell that they really wanted to help me get better. I was very impressed with the office of Dr Phoebe Rich MD

flag | Submitted March 19, 2007

Phoebe Rich MD is a very skillful and talented dermatologist. The scar from my skin cancer does not even show. At one of my visits she treated a wart on my son's toe and she didnt even charge him. She is great. And I really like her office gals, especially her PA Amy.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

Phoebe Rich relies too heavily on her PA. I had several visits for a very troubling skin condition and the dermatologist peeked her head in for 3 seconds at my request. The laser did not correct the problem and neither did the shots. Perhaps if the dermatologist had actually spent time with me my outcome would have been better. Paid for an MD and got a PA.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2006

Dr Rich is extremely knowledgable and a great person, only downfall is the punctuality factor. I make appt. after lunch-1pm but still have to wait at least 30 min to an hour.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2006

Dr. Rich uses office staff heavily. I waited 1.5 months get an appointment to see the doctor, not a P.A. When I arrived, the P.A. wanted to do the exam. I waited longer to see the doctor. My 2nd appointment, they ran 1.25 hours late. I left before seeing the doctor. Don't waste your time. You can get better service elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2006

I had to wait 1.5 hours to see her. Then she clearly wasn't interested in me. She didn't listen and blatently didn't care. She comes across as arrogant and distracted. My visit was a total waste of time. I won't go back. If you want a good dermatologist, go see Michael Adler, MD. If you want a bad experience, go see Phoebe Rich.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2006

Dr. Phoebe Rich's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)

Multiplan