Ratings for Dr. Karin S. Maddox

She gives medication that directly contradicts other medication that the patient is on. Her staff is rude and will not return messages. She is late by hours to appointments and will make your reschedule if you complain. She refuses to test or diagnose for anything relevant because as she said she is a doctor and she doesn't have to. Claims to do checks on respiratory, heart rate, bp, but in reality does not. She is arrogant and incompetent and WILL get into a fight with you. Had to seek a new doctor who immediately tested, diagnosed, and said I should have been in the hospital. Would give 0 stars if I could.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr. Maddox is excellent! She makes you feel comfortable and spends enough time to discuss all your problems to choose the right treatment. She is great. I would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I scheduled an appointment and I called in while on the highway. I made it and the nurse said that she could not see me because I was one minute late. She was done for the day and had no more customers. I drove 2 1/2 hours to her office from my home. This doctor should be ashame of herself and should take care of her patient with a better attitude than what she shows as a Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I called several times to check on my referral status over the course of a week. Left my name and number hoping they would call back. One week later they did but I had already changed docs (thank god) after seeing the on line reviews concerning this MD? Heard from new Doc's office and they seemed genuinely concerned about my needs.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Momma always told me "if you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all". So im not sayin a word. That is all.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

She seemed like she was not listening most of the time. There was always confusion between what you told her staff and what she actually knew. She prescribed me Duragesic patch, I use it for some time. Had some problems with it and wanted to come off it. Later when I coould not get in to see her once a month, I contacted her nurse and asked if I could use the patch for a short time until I could get an appt. The nurse said yes. Actually it was a no from the Dr. which caused us to depart ways. Very poor communication and verbal directons in this office. Money seems to be the game on the beach of Panama City, not true practice of medication. I had to drive 100 miles to another neuroglist who told me the amt of drugs she had prescibed for me very likely would have caused respitory failure and I was very lucky to be here. Would not recommend this dr. or any others in practice to anyone truly wanting help and assistance with movement disorders and pain. Very scary

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Maddox is extremly compationate, and understanding! Is very helpful, and also up front with her thoughts. I agree with the above rateing in reguards to her staff, and office manager. Very rude, and not getting correct information, leaving information over your answering machine that is incorrect. I think Dr. Maddox needs to have a meeting with her staff and office and get to the root of this problem, as it could surley sour someone from wanting to return, who really could benifit from her expertise.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2006

This Neurologist does a relatively good job for me. She seems to have a bit to many patients to manage and is hard to contact when you need something, as is her PA and nurses. She seems competent though and trys to help. She takes plenty of time with you while in her office. It just seems as if after you leave her staff doesnt want to hear from you again until your next appointment. Paper work and related requests are slow to be accomodated no matter how urgent your need. Also, remember her office can be late on your appointment but you better not be, they WILL send you home to reschedule if you are more 15 mins late. Overall though she is one of the better Neurologists in the city. The problems appear to be with the staff.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2006

Dr. Karin S. Maddox's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1997)

• BCBS Illinois