Ratings for Shannon Connery

I saw Dr. Connery for 2 years. She helped me thru one of the worst times in my life as well as dealing & discarding things from my past.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

After years of failed "talk" therapy with psychologists who told me they couldn't imagine going through what I had experienced, I found Shannon. I walked into her office on my first visit despondent, without hope of ever living a content or productive life. She immediately implemented a treatment plan for me using EMDR and incredibly focused therapy in that first session. I knew after our first session that I had found THE ONE therapist who would help me. She took control and guided me though the demons of PTSD for the many months of my treatment plan. Shannon is exceptionally skilled and compassionate. She saved my life and enabled me to live a full and joyous life today which I never thought possible. I owe my life and happiness to her. I am truly blessed to have found her and encourage anyone with PTSD to seek her counsel

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Connery for two years, initially for grief counseling after the suicide of a friend, and more recently to help me work on navigating family issues and building healthier relationships. Helping me work through the loss of my friend, Dr. Connery let me know that I was not alone, and we were able to work through many of the fears, anger, uncertainty and sadness that surrounded this enormous loss. Her thoughtful, kind approach let me trust her fully and feel like I had a partner to help me get through my grief. Her strong training and experience with trauma and loss were evident in her approach to our sessions. Her expertise with EMDR was impressive, and I am so glad to know that it is a useful option for helping overcome a trauma. She is professional, encouraging, non-judgmental and she has always made me feel like I can succeed in whatever issue I am facing. Her recommendations have made me feel more empowered in my mental health.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Shannon Connery has counseled me through post-divorce landmines, has uncovered chronic depression, and has led me through the lows of single parenting. From our initial phone call, to the present, she has been focused on listening for the truth; often times finding what I didn’t know was there. Dr. Connery is both direct & honest with compassion. As professional as she is, she is not “sterile”. I have never felt as though she’s trying to fit me into a clinical box, as much as she is trying to get to the root of the problem, clearly explaining, in words I can understand, how to move through the issue(s) at hand. She continues to monitor my progress on a monthly basis. Not only does she normalize what I consider certain devastation, she finds & focuses on the healthy decision-making part of every circumstance. I leave with a check list of things to accomplish before our next session & as a result, am encouraged, focused, & motivated. Dr. Connery is a rare find in her field.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

She is doesn't have a lot of experience like her web site said she does. Kind of unprofessional, takes things personally and you end up apologizing a lot. She makes things about her. I left after two sessions.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Not experienced enough! She has a very harsh attitude if you do not agree with womething or if you do something and you never really know what you have done, she just cuts you off! Very odd. Sometimes you are left feeling that she has more problems than the client does! Office is dirty too! I gave her a chance and now I am worse than I was before!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012