Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Kessler

I must say that at first I was not extremely thrilled to meet another doctor regarding my right elbow. This is because I already had 2 less then successful surgeries performed by 2 other doctors who promised me smooth sailing. However, clearly this was not the result, considering I was meeting with Dr. Kessler. At first, I must say I was a bit stand off-ish towards him. This is because I have already heard everything and been promised success but my elbow was still in extreme pain after 2 surgeries, so I was not looking forward to a 3rd. However, I put my faith in Dr. Kessler and good thing I did! It's been 2 months and I finally have no pain in my elbow after suffering for 2 years! My movement has almost fully returned and it feels stronger then ever! Thank you soooo very much Dr. Kessler! ~Art Leontiev

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Very patient and knowledgeable, I would see him again for any upper extremity problem

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

I wish I had read reviews about Dr. Kessler prior, so I would have had to waste my time and money. Dr. Kessler was completely disrespectful to my situation and seems to think that since he is not into life saving surgeries that the conditions of his patients isn't important. When I visit a specialist doctor in his field, I expect better advice than, "do whatever you want"

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Initially, Dr. Kessler was very likable and well-mannered. By the second appointment, he was rude as could be. I realized he had no knowledge of anything. I’ve been to some of the best orthopedic specialists and hospitals in the country, none of which were operated as poorly as Georgetown Orthopedics. After coming to this office more than two years ago, I’ve been in unbearable pain, and will unlikely ever return to my very active lifestyle, thanks to Georgetown. It’s now a struggle to get through the day, and I’ve reached my breaking point. In the beginning, I believed I was in the right place at Georgetown. They made everything overly complicated. Phone calls went unanswered; to which their response was they were trying to tell me something by ignoring me! Ridiculous excuses were made that were untrue if they didn’t want to do something they were obligated to do. I was constantly asked, “WHAT’S THIS FOR?” They had a special way of saying my name in the most condescending manner. These people were brutal and tried their best to humiliate me to no end. Most appointments I was treated so badly, I felt I was being beat with a stick. One appointment in this office started off great, but by the end, I was nearly reduced to tears after a run-in with another doctor who couldn’t pass up the opportunity to torment me, one final time, when he saw me sitting right in front of him, unattended and unable to go anywhere. I never observed others being treated this way, in fact it was quite the opposite for everyone else. You will deeply regret coming here and will waste years of your time. If you say anything, then no medical care here or elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

My experience with Dr. Kessler has been extremely negative. He was rude and condescending. He spent next to no time explaining my surgery or injury, and when he provided me with information it was incorrect. The result was a dangerously reduced bone density and increased recovery time. He was also over heard by a family member discussing the type of care I would receive based on my status as an uninsured patient. I will be making formal complaints to any and all medical boards that will listen.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Great doctor, very knowledgeable, and knew my problem right away! I have been suffering for years with my symptons and he solved it in 20 minutes. Pure Genius!His support staff is also great.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Dr. Michael W. Kessler's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 2005)

Delta Dental