Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova

I have suffered from chronic sinus infections and migraines and sinus headaches for at least 10+ years. I was referred to Dr. Suchanova from my Allergy Dr. after I presented with yet again another sinus infection and had a CT scan done in office. I was then referred to Dr. Suchanova whom found air pockets in my sinuses (thus creating increased pressure ie sinus headaches) and was able to offer me a balloon sinuplasty. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off me when Dr. Suchanova walked me through these issues and could actually help me. I never knew until then anything like this existed or that it would help me. I signed up for the sugery that day. She is an extremely positive and knowledgeable Dr. Not only was she very easy to talk with but she is also incredibly good at what she does. I was so happy with the in office procedure and my recovery felt very quick as I had 2 little children to get back to (surgery Friday morning and felt pretty good by sunday afternoon to take care of my kids again) . I would actually call it life changing what she has done for me. I can smell again, I have zero pressure in my face, I haven't had any sinus issues since the surgery (been about 7 weeks), I have not had one sinus headache since. I was having 1-2 sinus headaches a week and I was miserable. Im so happy she diagnosed my issues and was able to help me. I'm a busy mom of 2 and having this surgery has helped me to live a much more full and active life as I'm not dealing with sinus headaches, fewer migraines, and no sinus infections so far. I highly reccomend Dr. Suchanova. She cares about her patients and I can tell she cared about my well being and was genuinly concerned for me.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Amazing Doctor and excellent person. Thanks to her now I'm able to breath much better. She is really precise and her diagnostic was excellent. she uses the last technology . My surgery was perfect, and I recovered really fast.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I have dealt with chronic headaches for most of my teenage and adult life and migraines but over the last 5 years, I have had persistent sinus issues, severe allergies, nasal congestion, worsening severe fatigue. And for the past 2-3 years, I would have some form of a cold (viral or bacterial every few weeks) which then progressed to having basically chronic sinusitis for the past 1.5 years. I have been on daily antibiotics for the past 1 year for other reasons which helped some but I was still easily groggy, cranky, easily fatigued, easy to get headaches, and getting sick every 3 weeks for sure. Well, a few months ago I finally was able to start being able to pay more attention to my own health after taking care of other family members and I knew it was time to see ENT because my symptoms have definitely become something that needs more than just antibiotics. I had all the symptoms: headaches, sinus pressure, and oh right sided eye pressure and drainage every single day! (I had been to eye doctors many times the past couple years and ultimately they said I had allergies and dry eye but nothing wrong...) Well, really it was the completely blocked sinus that had been pushing up and being inflamed spread the inflammation to my eyes also. Sense of taste, smell had deteriorated. And I just got tired of being sick. In comes my awesome first appt with Dr. Suchanova who recommends the CT scan. When I got the results, I found out I had a broken nose this whole time! and it was healing to one side causing a severely deviated septum, block sinus, and swelling/inflammation. So, I was to undergo repair of my nasal bone(shaving off excess), septum repair, balloon sinuplasty and implants to heal straight. She had fixed costs for me from day 1 (when we did CT) to what surgery would cost and implants. Surgery was very smooth. Staff was great at the surgery center. However, my recovery took a week. This was the first surgery of my life and quite painful and apparently I am a lightweight when it comes to meds so I slept for 5 days. I have an alternating schedule so I did end up having to take a few days off but when I went in for my 1 week follow-up and she took out the splints! WOW! What a difference. And very day has been better since then. I have had three post op visits and scheduled to have allergy testing this week. I feel so much happier, more positive, I don't wake up groggy for no reason! I love the world now. For me, it was hell for that on week as I have difficulty sitting still or in bed constantly - I like being outside doing stuff so it was hard but SO WORTH IT. I have already told numerous people to go to her as they need it and your quality of life goes up by 100 points! Thank You Dr. Suchanova!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

Dekuji za vase sluzby! (Thank you for the service) For years I suffered with chronic sinus, infections, and drainage problems. I went to Dr. Pavlina Suchanova for an examination and they did a CT scan. Surgery was recommended for my deviated septum and internal plugged airways. I was also tested for allergies. Surgery was completed opening my nasal passages. The results are amazing being able to breath freely again. She also had treated my wife with great results. Thank you Dr. Suchanova for the great results, with no pain and quick healing.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Suchanova. I am 62 years old and have not been able to breathe through my nose due to nasal obstruction my entire life. Dr suchanova was the first Doctor I talked to that really cared about my problem and she discovered that I had almost 95% blockage on one side and oversized turbinate on the other resulting in my poor air flow. Five weeks ago, she performed Deviated Septum surgery, Turbinate Reduction, Balloon Sinuplasty and implanted dissolving Latera nasal implants. I had no pain at all from the surgery and the bleeding was very minimal. I did take pain pills for the first 2 days but I really did not need them. I could tell that Dr. Suchanova is very thorough in her work and everyone I encountered at the surgery center talked highly of with her. The first week was uncomfortable because my nose was stuffy due to the temporary stints and having to breathe through your mouth. I had the surgery on a Thursday and returned to work on Tuesday. Five weeks out I feel fully recovered and I am still trying to adjust to the wonderful feeling of “Normal” breathing for the first time.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Outstanding experience. Heard a lot of horror stories about Deviated Septum surgeries. My surgery was no where close to any of the horror stories I had heard about. If you are considering this surgery, Dr. Suchanova should be your Surgeon. She came recommended to me by two coworkers and their experience were the same as mine.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Dr. Pavlina Suchanova is wonderful, and I highly recommend her! I had dizzy spells when laying to one side. I went to the allergist who did a CT scan which showed my right lower maxillary sinus was completely blocked. After cortisone injection and several types of antibiotics, nothing worked. So, my allergist referred me to an ENT. After seeing the ENT, she tried one more antibiotic...which didn’t work. After a total of 3 antibiotics and 4 CT scans, my maxillary sinus looked the exact same!! (This process went on from May until Sept!) The ENT stated the only option was surgery. I would have to go downtown, surgery was only offered every other Thursday and I would have to be totally put under in order to open up my sinuses and clean them out completely. I wouldn’t have packing in my nose but a gel substance that breaks down over time. I put off the surgery, as I had two other procedures I needed to take care of first. The office kept contacting me to schedule even after I told them I had other, more pressing, procedures to do first. As time went on, I was more and more uncomfortable with that ENT’s process. So, in November, I decided to get a second opinion. I found reviews for Dr. Suchanova and decided to see her. She was very cheerful and listened to my story. She took a more detailed CT scan and stated also that I needed sinus surgery. She told me that the good news was that she was able to do the balloon sinuplasty to open me up as well as clean out my sinuses completely...in the office in Sugar Land! The procedure would take about 30 minutes! She stated as technology changes, so does she. She explained the entire procedure. She would prescribe a relaxant and pain pills ahead of time (even though most people don’t need them), and I’d be leaving the office in about an hour or so once procedure starts. She stated there is minimal bleeding and no packing!! She also recommended Propel stents to go inside to help keep the sinuses open while healing. Those break down and dissolve in 30-45 days. She stated that she wanted to get me in before Thanksgiving...this was the week before on Monday. She went to check her calendar and said we can do it this Friday! I was shocked! My first visit with her was Monday, pre-op visit Wednesday and surgery Friday! I was nervous...as she could tell. She told me that it will be fine, and if she could get a 14 year old through it, she could get me through it. So, the morning of, I took my relaxant and pain pill. Surgery wasn’t as bad as I thought...for being totally awake! She talked me through the entire procedure...telling me everything she’s doing and what she’s seeing. I ended up being worse that she and I both thought. The reason the antibiotics didn’t work is that maxillary sinus cavity had a large cyst that was full of pus. I also ended up having a few polyps in my ethmoid sinuses also. I left the office about 1 ½ hours after starting procedure, as mine took a little longer. After getting home, I only needed Tylenol for pain...maybe the first few days. I had very little bleeding and no bruising...at all! I’ve had 2 of the 3 post-op appointments, and each time Dr. Suchanova stated I was healing nicely. It’s been 6 weeks now, and I feel great! I can breathe better than I ever could and I have more energy! Even though my insurance didn’t cover the Propel stents, they were well worth it! I highly recommend this procedure to anyone (I’ve recommended it to several friends already.) and to use Dr. Suchanova. She has a great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable in her profession!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

After my husband suffered with an inter ear infection for over a month, Dr. Suchanova's name was given to me by a friend and we went to her twice and she was able to get the infection cleared up within a couple of weeks. We had been to several doctors and the emergency room at the hospital and nothing seemed to help. She was a God sent for us as he had been in so much pain that we had to do something. My husband is now being fitted for hearing aids so that he will be able to hear better. My son called me the other day and was complaining about his ear hurting and I gave him Dr. Suchanova's phone number and address and told him to go see her. I would recommend her to anyone who is suffering with allergies, infections of the ears or throat. She is wonderful and she will have us as patients for as long as we will need her.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Dr. Suchanova is totally a gift from GOD. I have had sinus problems since my early years, about 50 years. I had a Rhinoplasty when I was in my 20's but it did not work and have been suffering ever since. I was referred to Dr. Schanova by my family doctor and she is fantastic. Had ct scan, showed deviated septum and 2 cracks in septum. Had surgery a month ago and I have never been able to breath like I am now. It is wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone suffering with any kind of sinus problems. Wanda Moore

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dr. Suchanova is the best! I never thought I can say this for any Doctor, but she is the best doctor I have seen so far in my life. After decades of being unable to breathe through my nose, Dr Suchanova has repaired my deviated septum and cleaned my Nasal Polyps. Just got back from her office where she removed my splints and all I can say is I CAN BREATHE out of my nose and actually have my smell sense back. It is so awesome! Prior to surgery I couldn't breath through my nose, nor smell and now I can. Wish I'd done this years ago. I am very happy and highly recommend her to anyone who has sinus issues or breathing problems! Don’t wait, visit her now😊

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Pavlina Suchanova believes that being a successful physician is a calling, not just a profession. She is a strong communicator and easily connects with both children and adults of all ages, aiming to treat the entire family. Her excellent training and drive for continued learning enables her to treat her patients with the latest techniques and treatment protocols available, especially in the treatment of sinus problems with in-office balloon sinuplasties and in-office turbinate reduction. She also enjoys being an educator and her patients benefit from her detailed explanations of the clinical problems and treatment options. Dr. Pavlina Suchanova was born in the Czech Republic, a proud daughter of a classical pianist mother and a civic engineer father. Following in her mother’s footsteps, she initially studied classical piano but she always wanted to pursue medicine. Facing limited educational opportunities in her country, she immigrated into the United States as a teenager, learned English and was accepted at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, where she earned a BA in anthropology and art history. She enthusiastically continued in her studies at the University of Michigan Medical School where she also received several commendations for communication skills, bedside manner and The Art of Medicine Award. During her medical school years, Dr. Suchanova was a very active member of her community and created an anti-smoking campaign for high school students, art therapy projects for hospitalized children, and also helped to organize two medical missions to India and Cuba. She has completed her residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and proudly received the Otolaryngology Resident Teaching Award during her training. She is very excited to share her training, skills and enthusiasm with her patients and colleagues at the Houston ENT & Allergy practice. Dr. Suchanova loves to stay active with swimming and weight lifting, enjoys cooking ethnic cuisines of the world, volunteering in her community and exploring Houston’s rich art and music scene. She is fluent in English, Czech, Slovak and conversational in Spanish.

• English
  • Czech
  • Slovak
  • Spanish

• University of Michigan (Grad. 2004)
  • Wayne State University (Grad. 2003)
  • Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

• Chronic sinusitis