Ratings for Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova

I am very fortunate to have come across Dr Suchanova when I was getting 2nd opinions for my recent hearing loss. She ran a CT scan which showed me just how messed up my sinus was an recommended a balloon sinuplasty. I still can't believe I hadn't done this procedure years ago but perhaps its good I waited because I couldn't imagine having anyone other than Dr Suchanova do my surgery. She uses the latest technology which is super important because my recovery period was next to nothing and I didn't even have to take any pills for pain afterwards. I always felt like I was in good hands with her because she spoke with great confidence and was obviously very knowledgeable yet treated me like I was her only patient. Her professionalism trickles down into her staff. Michelle was always available when I needed to call in to get certain information and she was also very knowledgeable in this whole process. It's nice when you can bombard an assistant with questions and she doesn't have to ask the doctor for the answers. Overall , I'm so happy I had this procedure done. I can breathe 1000 times better and I enjoy eating again since I can taste and smell my food better. Thanks again Dr Suchanova!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova's response
I am so happy I was able to use my sinus expertise to help YOU live a better quality life with great nasal breathing and enjoying your smell and taste!!!! Using the new technologies available of balloon sinuplasties, great PROPEL sinus stents that ensure superior healing of the sinuses in the open position and also fixing deviated septum via a camera = endoscopic septoplasty, I can achieve very fast recovery with less pain than the traditional procedures. I am here for YOU! Always. Dr. Suchanova

Submitted November 4, 2018

Doctor Pavlina P. Suchanova is absolutely the best ENT you will ever have the pleasure meeting. I’m 66 years old and have been suffering with chronic sinus problems all of my life, I honestly thought the way I was breathing was normal. I’ve been to many doctors for more than five (5) decades (NJ, PA & TX) and not one of them properly diagnosed my problem except for Doctor Suchanova who was able to determine the cause during the very first visit which was backed up by a CT scan several weeks later. The referral to see Doctor Suchanova came from my chiropractor Dr. Tara Parker, DC also located in Sugar land, TX. On Oct 2 2019 with incredible skill, she performed an Endoscopic Nasal Septoplasty, to straighten a deviated septum and she installed a Latera implant to aid in replacement of cartilage deterioration that was causing nasal airway obstruction on my left side. Her minimally invasive technique meant no bruising, swelling, pain or nausea. Seven (7) days after the sinus stents were removed the improvement was absolutely phenomenal. I highly recommend the surgery but note that the post-surgery affects while you are healing are difficult. For two (2) or three (3) weeks you have to sleep sitting upright at a 35 to 45-degree angle breathing through your mouth which is no small feat and it really gets difficult every time the AC comes on but hang in there as it does get much better. While uncomfortable at times I welcomed the three (3) follow up visits to remove post-surguery debris to restore normal air flow as I was healing. Dr. Suchanova’s attention to detail, passion about her craft, awesome team, her overwhelmingly desire to help you during the very first visit and my experience are reasons enough for me to highly recommend her whenever the opportunity presents itself. Mike L Missouri City

flag | Submitted November 11, 2019

Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova's response
Thank you for your detailed review! It will help all the other people who are suffering with nasal and sinus problems to come and see me😀 It makes me so happy that I was able to help you using the best modern technology and give you the breathing you deserve! I will always be there for you with any ENT issues you and your family & friends might have👍

Submitted November 12, 2019

Dr. Suchanova is very professional, she truly cares about her patients and very thorough.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2019

I went to see Dr. Suchanova for relief from my usual 3 month long sinus infection. I used to get them 3 times a year resulting in absolute misery. Within minutes of my initial appointment she had a diagnosis, a way to cure my current sinus infection and a plan. I got an MRI the same day as my initial appointment and I was off. A few weeks later I came back to go over the plan for my future. She assured me that allowing her to operate would change my life. I was scared and skeptical based on years of misdiagnosis resulting in no change. However Dr. Suchanova is so confident and sure of her abilities it led me to go through with surgery. Today is day two without out the splints and my life is different. I slept last night like I have not spelt in years. I have not taken a single nap today to try and get rid of the normal groggy feeling I have daily. I have not struggled for air one time. I walked my dogs for 30 minutes and was not short of breath once. She was absolutely right. She did change my life. If you have sinus issues, shortness of breath or general ENT issues, Dr. Suchanova WILL save you. I feel overwhelmed by the changes in the best way and will be forever grateful for her help! Thank you Dr. Suchanova!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2019

I met Dr. Pavlina Suchanova in October 2018. She has done so much to help me with my sinus and thyroid issue. In one appt and one follow up, she diagnosed and gave me solutions to my issues. In January 2019, she surgically repaired my deviated septum and my collapsed sinus cavities. She was very precise with her instructions on after surgery care which made my recovery easily managed. It has been a long time since I have been able to breathe properly. I can now breathe! She did an amazing job! Wonderful staff and personable nurses! Thank you Carolyn and Michelle! I highly recommend Dr. Suchanova. I love her high spirited attitude, and love that I can trust her! It is a very calming feeling to be able to put your trust in a doctor and know that everything will be ok. I will be scheduling my Thyroid surgery with her soon. You can't always find Dr. Suchanova's qualities in one package when searching for a doctor. She is a great Surgeon and compassionate Doctor!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

Dr Suchanova , I have had sinus surgery about 6-8 yrs ago. And about 2 yrs ago it has come back with vengeance. I have been to several Doctors one dr. gave me a procedure and i still cannot breathe out of my nose. I have had shots and pills after pills this and that, allergy test, CT scan at this point i am buying afrin in bulk. I live in Nashville, TN. I googled best sinus Doctors in America and your name showed up ... I need help Thank You Preston

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova's response
Preston, I am very sorry you are suffering this way. Please schedule a full consultation in my office and bring the disc with your CT of your sinuses so I can fully examine and evaluate you and see how I can help you! Dr, Suchanova

Submitted January 8, 2019

My daughter and I both had sinus surgery performed by Dr. Suchanova. She is an excellent caring doctor. I am post surgery 3 years and haven’t had a sinus infection since!! I always had chronic infections! My daughter had her adenoids out and sinus surgery. She didn’t realize she couldn’t smell and felt so bad! Dr. Suchanova was so good with my daughter and her anxiety. She made her feel very comfortable. This is one great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

I born TODAY, although my 45th birthday was yesterday, but I really born today, this morning Dr. Suchanova removed the splints from my nose and vacuum it, and she asked me to breath from my nose, I took breath with open mouth, she asked me to close my mouth and breath from nose, which is something so strange to me and have different feelings. I cried and hugged her after that feeling. I can not remember exactly when it started, I remember I got a hit at my nose during football game when I was 10 years old, it started gradually till you do not feel it, and think this is the normal. I saw four ENT doctors during the last 10 years but I did get the confident and the courage to go a head and do it. I visited Dr. Suchanova on Oct 22nd after reading great reviews about her experience, she did the surgery last week to fix my deviated septum, turbinate and sinuses after she figure out the big mess inside my nose through CT scan and endoscopy. She did great fantastic job, she fixed everything inside , and the big surprise the outer shape of my nose fixed also, it was crooked to left but now it very straight. She implanted Latera nasal implant to support upper and lower lateral cartilage in my nose, reinforcing the nasal wall like traditional cartilage. The clinic staff is great and so friendly, you feel like you are home, also the hospital was great where the procedure done. If you have any issue with your nose, I encouraged you to visit Dr. Suchanova now, she will change your life. I am so lucky to meet her.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

Let me begin with saying that after dealing with major sinus headaches and vertigo symptoms I have seen every single specialist in the past 6 months including a not to name famous medical center ENT before visiting with Dr. Suchanova. I had MRI and CT done, neuro, chiro, ent, eye doc, cardiologist, general and spine doctors to find what is wrong with me….I could have saved all that if I would have stuck with my initial appointment with Dr Suchanova which I had cancelled because there was a 3 week wait and then rescheduled months later…dumb me! She immediately diagnosed severe chronic sinusitis’s and deviated septum and a complete built up of fluids which could potentially cause vertigo symptoms rather than vertigo trough the ear or other parts. I was put on a treatment plan with end goal of surgery and allergy treatment by my choice of an allergist. Her and her staff made me very commutable trough the pre and post-surgery recovery time and I can say that I finally feel relieved. I do understand that I will have to give it some more time to fully recover and of course have to deal with an allergy treatment plan which unfortunately incl shot therapy, but I feel for the first time confident with a plan, rather than being sent from one doc to another. Thank You for all you have done. Even though you are far away (Sugarland 😉) from where I live and work, every trip to Sugarland was so much more worth it then being in the medical center and that simply starts with parking upfront and not paying for that….. Thanks Piran

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Pavlina Suchanova for about a few months now. Initially I went to her for a 2nd opinion on my developing nasal blockage, throat pain / discomfort and dizziness. It was really bad! Because of the 1st visit with her, I decided to make her my primary ENT. She was very detail and really heard all of my concerns. She said it could be a combination of allergies and some GI acid reflux issue. I went to see a GI and he found I had a hernia which explained the silent reflux with the throat pain and she sent me for allergy testing and I came back positive for some allergens. Over the recent months my nasal passage got smaller and smaller to the point I was always breathing through my mouth. After getting a CT scan, they found my septum was deviated and I had very large turbinates. She then proposed sinus surgery which entailed reducing the turbinates, correcting the deviated septum and installing the LATERA supports for better breathing. It has been a two weeks after surgery and I had minor swelling, pain and discomfort. I was able to go back to work after 4 days and when she took the splints in the follow up, I was able to breathe like never before. Suchanova is still one of the few doctors/surgeons out there that will listen to their patients and has this reassuring approach to treatment. Thanks Dr. for giving me back the ability to breathe through my nose!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Pavlina Suchanova believes that being a successful physician is a calling, not just a profession. She is a strong communicator and easily connects with both children and adults of all ages, aiming to treat the entire family. Her excellent training and drive for continued learning enables her to treat her patients with the latest techniques and treatment protocols available, especially in the treatment of sinus problems with in-office balloon sinuplasties and in-office turbinate reduction. She also enjoys being an educator and her patients benefit from her detailed explanations of the clinical problems and treatment options. Dr. Pavlina Suchanova was born in the Czech Republic, a proud daughter of a classical pianist mother and a civic engineer father. Following in her mother’s footsteps, she initially studied classical piano but she always wanted to pursue medicine. Facing limited educational opportunities in her country, she immigrated into the United States as a teenager, learned English and was accepted at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, where she earned a BA in anthropology and art history. She enthusiastically continued in her studies at the University of Michigan Medical School where she also received several commendations for communication skills, bedside manner and The Art of Medicine Award. During her medical school years, Dr. Suchanova was a very active member of her community and created an anti-smoking campaign for high school students, art therapy projects for hospitalized children, and also helped to organize two medical missions to India and Cuba. She has completed her residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and proudly received the Otolaryngology Resident Teaching Award during her training. She is very excited to share her training, skills and enthusiasm with her patients and colleagues at the Houston ENT & Allergy practice. Dr. Suchanova loves to stay active with swimming and weight lifting, enjoys cooking ethnic cuisines of the world, volunteering in her community and exploring Houston’s rich art and music scene. She is fluent in English, Czech, Slovak and conversational in Spanish.

• English
  • Czech
  • Slovak
  • Spanish

• University of Michigan (Grad. 2004)
  • Wayne State University (Grad. 2003)
  • Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

• Chronic sinusitis