Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova

I have suffered from chronic sinus infections and migraines and sinus headaches for at least 10+ years. I was referred to Dr. Suchanova from my Allergy Dr. after I presented with yet again another sinus infection and had a CT scan done in office. I was then referred to Dr. Suchanova whom found air pockets in my sinuses (thus creating increased pressure ie sinus headaches) and was able to offer me a balloon sinuplasty. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off me when Dr. Suchanova walked me through these issues and could actually help me. I never knew until then anything like this existed or that it would help me. I signed up for the sugery that day. She is an extremely positive and knowledgeable Dr. Not only was she very easy to talk with but she is also incredibly good at what she does. I was so happy with the in office procedure and my recovery felt very quick as I had 2 little children to get back to (surgery Friday morning and felt pretty good by sunday afternoon to take care of my kids again) . I would actually call it life changing what she has done for me. I can smell again, I have zero pressure in my face, I haven't had any sinus issues since the surgery (been about 7 weeks), I have not had one sinus headache since. I was having 1-2 sinus headaches a week and I was miserable. Im so happy she diagnosed my issues and was able to help me. I'm a busy mom of 2 and having this surgery has helped me to live a much more full and active life as I'm not dealing with sinus headaches, fewer migraines, and no sinus infections so far. I highly reccomend Dr. Suchanova. She cares about her patients and I can tell she cared about my well being and was genuinly concerned for me.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Suchanova is totally a gift from GOD. I have had sinus problems since my early years, about 50 years. I had a Rhinoplasty when I was in my 20's but it did not work and have been suffering ever since. I was referred to Dr. Schanova by my family doctor and she is fantastic. Had ct scan, showed deviated septum and 2 cracks in septum. Had surgery a month ago and I have never been able to breath like I am now. It is wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone suffering with any kind of sinus problems. Wanda Moore

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dr. Suchanova is the best! I never thought I can say this for any Doctor, but she is the best doctor I have seen so far in my life. After decades of being unable to breathe through my nose, Dr Suchanova has repaired my deviated septum and cleaned my Nasal Polyps. Just got back from her office where she removed my splints and all I can say is I CAN BREATHE out of my nose and actually have my smell sense back. It is so awesome! Prior to surgery I couldn't breath through my nose, nor smell and now I can. Wish I'd done this years ago. I am very happy and highly recommend her to anyone who has sinus issues or breathing problems! Don’t wait, visit her now😊

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr. Suchanova was recommended to me by a friend that recently had sinus surgery. I was impressed right from the start. The first visit we took care of the scans and all the imaging necessary to evaluate my symptoms. Immediately it was clear that I needed help. Shortly thereafter I was in surgery, and here I am four weeks after my first visit nearly 100% recovered from a successful sinus surgery. Prior to surgery I couldn't breath through my nose, and I can now I can. Wish I'd done this years ago.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Thank you for fixing my sinus and nose! After years of chronic sinus problems she performed surgery and fixed a severe problem. She and her staff assured me from the first visit that she could fix me. The surgery she did was cutting edge and for the first times in years I can breathe. Her staff is great! So caring and always makes you feel like you are the most important patient in the world.!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. Suchanova has helped me SO MUCH and really improved my quality of life! I had been having trouble breathing through one nostril for years but I always felt it was bearable enough. Things started to get worse and my primary care physician referred me to Dr. Suchanova in Sugarland with a glowing recommendation, and he couldn't have been more right! It didn't take more than a few minutes to figure out everything wrong with my nose and sinuses (and there was a lot wrong...) using her high-tech camera which she let me see the video feed of when she was using it. I scheduled surgery with her to fix my highly deviated septum and apply a LATERA implant. Everything went smoothly and I was never nervous leading up to the surgery. I didn't experience any notable pain while recovering from surgery, and after my post-op follow-up a week later I was able to breath better than I imagined being possible through my nose! It felt like my nose was a wind turbine with all the air I could breath in! This is has really changed my life. Thank you Dr. Suchanova!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I had problems with my sleep for I can’t remember how long and ended up fighting with a CPAP machine for the last two years, just making my life miserable. Now, straight to the point, in my first visit I was astonished with Dr Suchanova’s quick findings about how messed up my nose was and no previous ENT doctor I had seen had made me aware of those issues. Dr Suchanova was very detailed about her findings and about what needed to be done. I can’t describe how reassured I felt that she could fix all of my breathing problems with the surgery. Septoplasty, Ethmoidectomy, repair of vestibular stenosis and another procedure I don’t know how to describe were all performed in a 1-2 hour procedure. After the recovery period I woke up breathing like I could not believe, even with the stents that were in my nose, which I now call my bionic nose. I never had big pain after surgery, and the first night was the only hard one for sleeping as I was concerned about hurting myself, but after that the improvement has been continuous, snoring is gone, gasping for air at night is gone, being tired is gone and the CPAP I am not using now and hopefully evaluation will confirm I will not need it again. I am thankful to God for this miracle in my life and my complements to Dr. Suchanova.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I live in Katy but chose to see Dr Suchanova based on all the wonderful reviews, and I was NOT disappointed. She is knowledgeable and swiftly determined what need to be done. She is also personable and very understanding when I told them I had to commute all way from Katy for any appointment. I would highly recommend her. And who else makes me so grateful is her nurse CAROLINE. Ms. Caroline truly loves her job and she exceeds in providing the best service you can ever ask. She's extremely helpful with any concerns I have and she handles them professionally and timely. Many THANKS to both of you!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

My granddaughter has had multiple ear infections since birth--tubes placed in her ears twice--now she has large holes in her eardrums. She has a hearing loss and continues to get infections, even though my daughter is extremely careful with her. Can you help?? We are so worried for her future.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Good morning, Do you perform Tonsil Cryptolysis (Partial Tonsillectomy)? That i s because I suffer from tonsil stones.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Pavlina Suchanova believes that being a successful physician is a calling, not just a profession. She is a strong communicator and easily connects with both children and adults of all ages, aiming to treat the entire family. Her excellent training and drive for continued learning enables her to treat her patients with the latest techniques and treatment protocols available, especially in the treatment of sinus problems with in-office balloon sinuplasties and in-office turbinate reduction. She also enjoys being an educator and her patients benefit from her detailed explanations of the clinical problems and treatment options. Dr. Pavlina Suchanova was born in the Czech Republic, a proud daughter of a classical pianist mother and a civic engineer father. Following in her mother’s footsteps, she initially studied classical piano but she always wanted to pursue medicine. Facing limited educational opportunities in her country, she immigrated into the United States as a teenager, learned English and was accepted at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, where she earned a BA in anthropology and art history. She enthusiastically continued in her studies at the University of Michigan Medical School where she also received several commendations for communication skills, bedside manner and The Art of Medicine Award. During her medical school years, Dr. Suchanova was a very active member of her community and created an anti-smoking campaign for high school students, art therapy projects for hospitalized children, and also helped to organize two medical missions to India and Cuba. She has completed her residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and proudly received the Otolaryngology Resident Teaching Award during her training. She is very excited to share her training, skills and enthusiasm with her patients and colleagues at the Houston ENT & Allergy practice. Dr. Suchanova loves to stay active with swimming and weight lifting, enjoys cooking ethnic cuisines of the world, volunteering in her community and exploring Houston’s rich art and music scene. She is fluent in English, Czech, Slovak and conversational in Spanish.

• English
  • Czech
  • Slovak
  • Spanish

• University of Michigan (Grad. 2004)
  • Wayne State University (Grad. 2003)
  • Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

• Chronic sinusitis