Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova

WOW & THANK YOU!! Those are my 2 words for Dr. P. Suchanova. I found her on google, with exceptional reviews and experienced exactly that - from my first visit through post surgery visit (all within 6 weeks time). First visit she performed a simple in-office nasal endoscopy (basically looked in my nose w/a little camera), which ironically NONE of my other Asthma & Allergy Drs have ever done or offered to do! This was followed by CT Scan (again simple, comfortable in-office procedure), when my deviated septum wouldn't allow her to see all my sinuses. She showed me all images that day on the screen and we mutually decided she could "fix me" & that she did! : ) I am completely impressed with today's technology and Dr. Suchanova's expertise in the complex sinus surgery I needed - all using a GPS / camera system. No breaking my nose, black eyes, etc. - all the horror stories I had heard. I checked in & out of the hospital within a few hours & recovered just fine at home. I am a very compliant patient and followed all pre and post-op instructions she provided in her personal letter she types out to each patient. I am currently 2 weeks post surgery now, stents that assisted septum to heal correctly came out last week - not painful at all and I am finally breathing through my nose again. Great feeling and I am super thankful for a Dr. who sincerely cares about finding the Root of the problem and not just treating the symptoms with medications, as almost all my former physicians have done. I feel very blessed to have found Dr. Suchanova & highly recommend her AND The Houston ENT practice for anyone suffering or concerned about sinus issues. My husband and daughter (6 yrs old) have their first appt. booked for next week.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr. Suchanova has helped me SO MUCH and really improved my quality of life! I had been having trouble breathing through one nostril for years but I always felt it was bearable enough. Things started to get worse and my primary care physician referred me to Dr. Suchanova in Sugarland with a glowing recommendation, and he couldn't have been more right! It didn't take more than a few minutes to figure out everything wrong with my nose and sinuses (and there was a lot wrong...) using her high-tech camera which she let me see the video feed of when she was using it. I scheduled surgery with her to fix my highly deviated septum and apply a LATERA implant. Everything went smoothly and I was never nervous leading up to the surgery. I didn't experience any notable pain while recovering from surgery, and after my post-op follow-up a week later I was able to breath better than I imagined being possible through my nose! It felt like my nose was a wind turbine with all the air I could breath in! This is has really changed my life. Thank you Dr. Suchanova!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I had problems with my sleep for I can’t remember how long and ended up fighting with a CPAP machine for the last two years, just making my life miserable. Now, straight to the point, in my first visit I was astonished with Dr Suchanova’s quick findings about how messed up my nose was and no previous ENT doctor I had seen had made me aware of those issues. Dr Suchanova was very detailed about her findings and about what needed to be done. I can’t describe how reassured I felt that she could fix all of my breathing problems with the surgery. Septoplasty, Ethmoidectomy, repair of vestibular stenosis and another procedure I don’t know how to describe were all performed in a 1-2 hour procedure. After the recovery period I woke up breathing like I could not believe, even with the stents that were in my nose, which I now call my bionic nose. I never had big pain after surgery, and the first night was the only hard one for sleeping as I was concerned about hurting myself, but after that the improvement has been continuous, snoring is gone, gasping for air at night is gone, being tired is gone and the CPAP I am not using now and hopefully evaluation will confirm I will not need it again. I am thankful to God for this miracle in my life and my complements to Dr. Suchanova.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I live in Katy but chose to see Dr Suchanova based on all the wonderful reviews, and I was NOT disappointed. She is knowledgeable and swiftly determined what need to be done. She is also personable and very understanding when I told them I had to commute all way from Katy for any appointment. I would highly recommend her. And who else makes me so grateful is her nurse CAROLINE. Ms. Caroline truly loves her job and she exceeds in providing the best service you can ever ask. She's extremely helpful with any concerns I have and she handles them professionally and timely. Many THANKS to both of you!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

My granddaughter has had multiple ear infections since birth--tubes placed in her ears twice--now she has large holes in her eardrums. She has a hearing loss and continues to get infections, even though my daughter is extremely careful with her. Can you help?? We are so worried for her future.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Good morning, Do you perform Tonsil Cryptolysis (Partial Tonsillectomy)? That i s because I suffer from tonsil stones.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I had 5 nose surgeries and none helped until I met Dr. Suchanova, she discovered that the previous surgeon only trimmed the frontal part of my turbinates and that I needed the back part too in order to breath. She did what other 5 ENTs couldn’t and I can breath amazingly. I wanted to share my whole story and wrote more than a page, but they only allows so many characters. Thank you Dr. Suchanova for helping me breath!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had a nose injury 3 years ago and didn't realize the internal damage that is caused to my nose. I wemt to Dr Suchanova and was almost in shock with how well my appointment was. She uses the most up to date technology (most is which I didn't know even existed) and not just tells you but teaches you what has happen, what is wrong, and what she will do to fix it. My case was fairly severe so I had to have a septoplasty, sinuplasty, and additional stints to help with my collapsed cartilage. Surgery went great and I was home the same day. Little rough because of the anesthesia but the next day I was fine. Pain went away after a few days. I'm about to have my 3rd and final post op appointment and I can't wait. My life has literally changed because of my ability to breath so much better. No better doctor out there.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

She did a great job in my son's (12 years ) sinus and tonsils surgery , she and all the office staff just great to deal with

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Fresh air, I can breathe now! Wow I have been sufferings for over 20yrs. Thank you Dr. Suchanova for opening my sinus and allowing me to breathe freely! What an amazing experience I had after my surgery to be able to fully inhale air through my nose! I am looking forward to runs, biking and everything now that I can breathe. I recommend any suffers to contact your insurance and ask for Dr. Suchanova for allergy/sinus relief!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Dr. Pavlina P. Suchanova's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Pavlina Suchanova believes that being a successful physician is a calling, not just a profession. She is a strong communicator and easily connects with both children and adults of all ages, aiming to treat the entire family. Her excellent training and drive for continued learning enables her to treat her patients with the latest techniques and treatment protocols available, especially in the treatment of sinus problems with in-office balloon sinuplasties and in-office turbinate reduction. She also enjoys being an educator and her patients benefit from her detailed explanations of the clinical problems and treatment options. Dr. Pavlina Suchanova was born in the Czech Republic, a proud daughter of a classical pianist mother and a civic engineer father. Following in her mother’s footsteps, she initially studied classical piano but she always wanted to pursue medicine. Facing limited educational opportunities in her country, she immigrated into the United States as a teenager, learned English and was accepted at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, where she earned a BA in anthropology and art history. She enthusiastically continued in her studies at the University of Michigan Medical School where she also received several commendations for communication skills, bedside manner and The Art of Medicine Award. During her medical school years, Dr. Suchanova was a very active member of her community and created an anti-smoking campaign for high school students, art therapy projects for hospitalized children, and also helped to organize two medical missions to India and Cuba. She has completed her residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and proudly received the Otolaryngology Resident Teaching Award during her training. She is very excited to share her training, skills and enthusiasm with her patients and colleagues at the Houston ENT & Allergy practice. Dr. Suchanova loves to stay active with swimming and weight lifting, enjoys cooking ethnic cuisines of the world, volunteering in her community and exploring Houston’s rich art and music scene. She is fluent in English, Czech, Slovak and conversational in Spanish.

• English
  • Czech
  • Slovak
  • Spanish

• University of Michigan (Grad. 2004)
  • Wayne State University (Grad. 2003)
  • Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

• Chronic sinusitis