Ratings for Dr. Ronald P. Winfield

This practice is the worst place to go. Dr. Winfield is the owner of this practice and should be held accountable for his employees actions. Never in my life have I been treated with such disrespect in my life. This place is a joke. It took forever for the intake coordinator to get back to me for an appointment. When I finally got one I saw a nurse practitioner and was given my prescriptions only to wait a month for a preauthorization before I could even take them. A preauthorization normally takes 2 to 3 days and this office expects you to do their job. I called the office my insurance the office my insurance the office and then was told only one person works on preauthorizations after I had talked to 2 different people days before. I asked to speak with the manager who NEVER called me back but finally my preauth went through. Next I was seeing Pam as a therapist who in my opinion sucks. I was speaking to a friend who had been seeing her and a mutual patient in the waiting area who both told me exactly what she told me to do. So I decided I didn't want to see her anymore and asked the receptionist to cancel all of my up coming appointments with her. Of course she didn't and the next time I went to see my psychiatrist I waited 3 hours and went up to the window 3 times to find out what the problem was. They told me I was discharged from the practice and I should have never been checked in. I asked why and they said missed appointments. Missed appointments?!? I cancelled my appointments I didn't miss them. Having 3 different staff me members looking at me dumbfounded they apologized told me they would try and see if another provider could see me in the practice and would get me refills on my scripts. The woman assured me she would call me with all of this information later in the day or within the next 48 hours. As expected no call. I called a few days later explaining my situation the woman I spoke to didn't have a clue of what I was talking about. She sent me to intake who called back to my surprise to tell me she couldn't schedule me an appointment because I was discharged I explained what happened and what the woman looked like and she went and spoke with her who of course said she never said any of the things I was talking about probably because she had no business telling me that and the manager who was in her office at the time that she went back and forth with couldn't be bothered to come out and do her job. I once again asked to be transferred to the manager and again I got no response back. I have also been notified by disability that they sent paperwork over a month and a half ago and are waiting for this specific practice to get the information they requested back and have not heard from them yet which is no surprise. Again I left Deborah a message and got no response back. Why is Deborah the manager here what the heck does she do? She point blank sucks at her job its going to stink when I get legal help in regards to my complaints and mistreatment by this practice. The employees here are ignorant and incompetent. 4 windows that are for different providers at each and for some reason only one is usually open with its shade up I have stood in line waiting to get checked in or out and all of a sudden the shade gets pulled down and they point to the next window where there is an even longer line. All they do is talk to each other about personal stuff or patients, laugh, and eat. I thought this practice was for their patience shouldn't you finish the people u have in your line before closing the shade on their face. Just a bunch of rude ignorant people I could do all of their jobs as 1 freaking person maybe they should stop stuffing their faces and actually DO their jobs.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I have had problems with the doctors office calling me the day before my appointment and cancelling. When I then tried to reschedule the following day I did not get a call for 5 days and then was accused of not showing up for a scheduled appointment. Fortunately I had a recording of the doctors office call so I could prove it was not my fault, yet a week later there has still been no apology nor any call back to reschedule. (I called several times, on several different days and I am also out of medication.) Additionally, the doctor does not seem willing to help me with other serious depression and PTSD symptoms I am experiencing. As of today I have decided to see another doctor and I would not recommend Dr. Winfield to anyone. If you want someone who cares, he and staff are not the ones to see.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Winfield, the purported head of Greater Lowel Psychiatric, is a poor representation of how patients should be treated. There was no response at all to my issue with another doctor on the team. Awful practice with rude tactics and a general bent toward sleaziness. I find it hard to believe the two doctors I had experience with took the Hippocratic Oath as they certainly did not comply with rule #1 - Do No Harm. I was treated poorly, lied to, and treated second rate as a NEW patient. I am unsure how they keep clients when they are indeed very focused on pennies, over-booking appointments, and a lack of courteousness to boot. Stay Clear.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

My son made an appointment with Dr. Winfield for sleep problems and anxiety. At their first (and only) appointment, Dr. Winfield asked all the standard questions, including "Have you ever had thoughts of hurting yourself?" My son said yes, referring to the summer of 2006 when he had depression severe enough to be hospitalized. After a 15 minute conversation with my son, Dr. Winfield called an ambulance and had my son involuntarily admitted to the local hospital. After being thoroughly assessed by the mental health professionals at the hospital, my son was determined NOT to be a risk to himself and was discharged. My advice to Dr. Winfield is that he needs to use some critical thinking skills. Though my son had some rather severe depression two years ago, looking for help now for sleep problems and anxiety do not constitute compelling reasons for involuntary hospitalization. Solid critical thinking would have helped Dr. Winfield to realize that hospitalizing a youn

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

In the nine years that I saw Dr. Winfield, I had two mental crisis'. Neither time would he talk to me directly w/o an appointment, so I had to tell my personal stuff to the receptionist. He also will not call in prescriptions, so one must wait for an appointment to see him even if standing on the ledge of a building. The last time I had to tell the receptionsist my personal crisis I never got a call back and when I finally reached the office I was told Dr. Winfield was "gone for the weekend" (it was Wednesday). I feel that he found my behavior/feelings odd at times, as he would furrow or raise his eyebrows (he's a psychiatrist for crying-out-loud!) and was condescending toward me when a family member called him with concerns since I was an adult.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

Dr. Winfield tends to rush you. (In my last Appt. he kept looking at the time, looking at how many concerns I had- some of which were medically of import..) Harsh and judgemental w/o being appraised of the situation first hand.(He made many false assumptions.) Does not own his mistakes, but DOES NOT SEEM TO MAKE DECISIONS LIGHTLY. This patient is yet unsure of how I feel regaurding my care. I do know that many of the decisions regaurding my care have been made Rather inappropriately by this M.D., and he has come to some very incorrect conclusions regaurding much of my health and medications, but feel that perhaps it isn't SOLELY Dr. Winfield's Error's that led to the disruption in patient care. Will approach this Patient/Physician Relationship w/ caution as should ALL patients w/ ALL PHYSICIANS. Will Update W/ Helpful New Relative comments should they warrant.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2006

Dr. Ronald P. Winfield's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1973)

Centene