Ratings for Dr. Joyce W. Chung

Agree that she does not spend much time with me and will not give me insulin as I have asked for as the expensive medicine is NOT helping me.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

This doctor needs to find a new line of work. Pretty obvious she does not like spending anytime with patients. She has come the appt looking as though she had not showered in days and her hair all messed up. Always feels rushed, yet never another patient in the waiting area. Twice she did not get blood work orders in the computer. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Very helpful in answering my question. I trusted her recommendations.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I blindly kept on going to Dr. Chung because there was no other endrocinologist in my area until I finally got sick of her and changed. She wanted me to come in frequently but each time only spent 4 minutes with me, teling me what my blood test said (which I could see the results myself online) and then changed my medication. She could have done that over the phone easily and saved me $50 each time i had to see her. It was such a waste of time (and money) to see her. I even asked to just have my results over the phone and she refused. I NEVER spent more than 4 minutes with her at any appointment. Go to another doctor, is my recommendation, even if you have to drive farther away.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

I would not recommend anyone to Dr. Chung. Being diabetic I needed someone who specialized in that field. She over prescribed medication on several occassions and was disappointed when I gained weight w/ my pregnancy.....10 lbs. She wanted weekly appointments w/ me but yet spent 2 minutes w/ me to review numbers. I could of given her my #'s over the phone instead of me going in to see her. She just doesnt communicate well w/ patients. April, her nurse is great. Very helpful and quick to help in anyway she can. I finally switched over to another Endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I was surprised at how little this doctor appeared to know about my condition. My questions went unanswered.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Joyce W. Chung's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Of Hong Kong, Fac Of Med, Hong Kong (Grad. 1986)

MSP/BC Med