Ratings for Dr. Jerel E. Tieszen

I found Dr. Tieszen to be difficult to communicate with. He doesn't listen and seems to be in a hurry. He tends to talk down to me and there is an argument every time I see him. Thinking of changing doctors.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

I have gone to Dr. Tiezen for over 20 years and am always amazed that he takes plenty of time with me to ask me questions about my health and to make sure I completely understand my condition. I always highly recommended him to people looking for a good caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Dr Tieszen saved my life! I have MS and he went above and beyond to make sure that I received the care that I so desperately needed. He was always encouraging and understanding. He spent hours helping my family to understand my illness and to make sure that thngs would be done to my home so I would be able to function there once I was home. I am so grateful to Dr Tieszen!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr Tieszen saw me as the "on call" doctor while I was in the hospital. He was extremely rude, treated me like I was a child who knew nothing about my condition, and cut off my questions before I could finish asking them. He also told me he didn't agree with the diagnosis of my own doctor which I thought was extremely unprofessional. Arrogant beyond belief!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Saw this doctor for about 4 years until I got tired of excessively long waits (over 30 min.), and feeling he never really listened to me. He's my elderly parents' doc also, and he has been rude & dismissive with them. He's made changes in my father's insulin over the phone that were not right. He spent very little time during exams. Always felt I was on a "conveyor belt." Had a doctor friend recommend Dr. Wesley Nord at Center for Family Medicine, and have been going there almost 15 years.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Saw this physician for several years...sometimes a few times each month...felt like I was being strung along. He was personally insulting to me and I finally made a change of doctors. My situation was under control in less than 2 months with my new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Ignored patient complaint post chole that patient couldn't swallow.Lost 30lb.in 2-3 weeks and still maintained 'sore from surgery tube and you've had acid reflux- you'll improve'. Admitted x2 for IV fluids for dehydration then Pt went to Mayo clinic. Was dx with injury during surgery "no reflux" (which pt denied all along). Had a 7.5 hr esophageal removal surgical procedure making a new esophagus from extending stomach pouch. No esphageal damage 1 inch above the stomach(which reflux would cause)but rest of esophagus was less than pencil lead thin. Arrested x2 during surgery. Lived many more years knowing this doctor "lied to him" to cover up an error that was made in Sanford recovery. Medical record had been adjusted (later and in different pen by anesthesia). This doctor (old family acquaintance) maintained reflux to the end. He was the co-ordinating main personal physician.

Dr. Jerel E. Tieszen's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

HealthPartners