Ratings for Dr. Theresa D. Stretch

I cannot recommend this office. Besides turnover of front office staff, no one will check to see if tests are covered by insurance. Worst of all, when the charges are submitted, they are not covered because of coding, the insurance information is incorrect or they have you sign a form beforehand that says Medicare may or may not pay, yet Medicare informs you "before receiving service, (patient was told) that Medicare would not pay." This is a lie. They do no insurance checking for the patient, and if you have a billing concern, it is YOUR concern, not theirs.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Medical assistant is not knowledgeable on diagnoses, or prescribed medications. The lab lost my lab results. NP or staff does not verify insurance before they run tests and my insurance provider did not cover certain tests and the test was unnecessary to begin with and my insurance company is attempting to charge me over $500. High turn over rate with the staff at the office is observed and a lack of educating the staff on giving the patient the best possible care and practices are apparent.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Dr. Stretch has a 21st century practice that runs efficiently, documents your appointments and procedures, provides a patient portal and has never delayed seeing me in a timely manner for the last two years. Her PA is first class and helps Dr. Stretch treat more patients which makes appointments available sooner rather than later. Dr. Stretch is a quality provider, an elegant and professional woman and someone whom I hope is my last primary care physician.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I went in for my blood draw for thyroid at 4:30, was not seen until after 5:30 by the nurse practionier. I did not see Dr. Stretch, the blood did not get drawn (to late,) had to go next day for blood draw. Nurse Practioner gave me an incorrect dosage on my prescription renewal, I filled a 90 day supply to find out 3 weeks later that the dosage is incorrect. Now I have to go back again, and go through the process all over again. I am not happy, I do not like paying to see a doctor, then find out that it is a Nurse Practioner that I am going to see. Was very hopeful that Dr. Stretch would become my forever doctor but I am not so certain aymore. My time is just as valueable as their time is, and I do appreciate it when Dr. Stretch takes time with me but when I must leave work for my appointment, I do expect to be seeen in a timely manner. I am NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Appt. ran over an hour late. Took 4 days for them to fax a referral, my prescriptions we written incorrectly and my insurance would not fill them.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

She has a heart of gold, Doctor Stretch cares about her patients you can't beat the care!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

I have been looking for a doctor for a while and I think tht I have finally found one. She sat down face to face on the first visit to get to know me and my background and has been treating me for almost a year now and I am very happy. Her staff was very friendly and inviting. i recommend her to my friends.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

My mother went to this doctor and after finding out what happened in her office, I'm trying to find her a new doctor that takes medicare. This doctor does not have patient gowns for patients that have to strip to be examined. We don't think that she has a nurse in her office. She has some kind of tech or assistant that does not know how to draw blood. The doctor does not address patients symptoms. My mother has not been treated for her dizziness issues. It is like Dr. Stretch is not hearing her.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

Dr. Stretch is absolutely the best doctor I have ever had. I am a 3 year breast cancer survivor and have only recently started seeing her. Her staff is so warm and friendly. After all the surgeries, chemo treatments, etc., that I have been through, I am very leery of doctor's offices. Dr. Stretch's office feels like a warm beautifully decorated home! Even the patient rooms are amazingly non-clinical. During the first exam I had with her, we sat in two comfortable chairs facing each other. I even had my dignity of being fully clothed as patients are not required to disrobe until the exam. I honestly felt like I was chatting with a friend instead of giving my involved medical history. She handled all of my questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. In fact, we talked for so long that her nurse was discreetly trying to remind her of her other patients. (this was after about 45 min!). I am running out of space but I could go on an on. She is unlike any other doctor I've known. THE BEST!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

Dr. Stretch is not only knowledgable but really cares about her patients. She is a breath of fresh air to the medical profession. You are a person and not a number with a time limit. Her office staff is like no other.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Dr. Theresa D. Stretch's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2002)