Ratings for Dr. Robert I. Gelb

I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. After thumb surgery to fix a broken thumb, it came out worse than before surgery. He was not sympathetic at all, was kind of casual about it. As a result of the blotched surgery I have to get more extensive surgery to fix it. I was in P.T. For7 months ,first 2x a week and then once a week., with very little improvement.Save yourself a lot of aggravation and find another Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Gelb to anyone. He doesn't care about the patient at all, just quickly comes in, tells you what's wrong and what surgery will fix it. No other options. No bedside manner. Seemed to just be there to collect $$$. Treated his staff horribly from what I witnessed. Would NEVR let him operate on me or anyone I care about...go elsewhere!!! Plenty of good hand surgeons in SD!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Agree with previous reviewer. He is smart and a surgeon, but VERY kind, cares abotu his patients, respectful, genuine, loves helping people, cares about the person (not just the body part.) Despite the reasons I have to see him for poor joint health, it's always a joy to just see HIM. He literally lays awake at night thinking about his patients. Can't ask for more than that!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

This guy is great, very nice, authentic, truly cares, I would reccomend him. He listened and took his time with me. You can tell he loves his work and probally would be doing it for free. A good humored man and a great staff. Can't go wrong here. Thank you Doctor Gelb!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

Dr. Robert I. Gelb's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1980)

Kaiser-Permanente