Ratings for Dr. Preeya Govan

I think Dr. Govan is a good pediatrician, she is friendly with my child and she respects that I prefer not to medicate where possible and offers me natural alternatives/paths where possible. She is fairly knowledgeable and thorough. She is also patient and doesn't talk down to patients parents. I do enjoy having her as a pediatrician. My son was premature and she has been very encouraging and detailed in her follow-up of him. However, the downside to her practice and why I honestly am thinking about getting a new dr is her reception. Whenever you call the practice with a question you never have anyone answer. You are greeted with a long (literally almost 5 minutes most weeks) message that you have to listen to speaking about walk in hours and you do not have the option to skip over this recording if you want to leave a message. If you leave a message, there is a chance your message will not be returned for 72 hours! How is that any kind of service? Furthermore, at this point I have been waiting a week and left two messages and still have not had my call returned. She has one receptionist who seems to be having a bad day everytime I interact with her. She is condescending and short with you and makes you feel like a nuisance. If you need to rebook an appointment or get confirmation of an appointment you will spend at least a 1/2 of your life leaving messages and returning calls to get that simple bit of information. You usually have to wait close to an hour for your appointment (which seems to be standard in the medical community) which can be tough for nap times. I can't fully recommend Dr. Govan unless she got an answering service that allowed you to leave a message without waiting so long to get through irrelevant information and gets receptionists that are friendly and actually return calls. It is very frustrating dealing with her practice and I seriously think I will leave her care on this basis.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017