Ratings for Dr. Max R. Berdichevsky

I have two herniated discs in my back. Dr. Berdichevsky immediately jumped to the conclusion that I needed surgery without even examining me. He eventually did examine me and after he tested my leg strength said that I he would recommend a more conservative approach like physical therapy not surgery. He seemed very awkward with me. I didn't find him easy to talk to, he was very frigidity, and didn't take the time to listen to me or even seem the teeniest bit interested in hearing what I had to say AS HIS PATIENT. I was told by Fox Valley office staff, that out of the two back doctors at this practice he was the more personable one of the two, that is NOT saying very much for the other back doctor at all. If I need to return to a doctor regarding my back I doubt I will return to see him. I think when you are a doctor you should not scare the heck out of a patient within two minutes of meeting them. He should be examining his patients first before he says ANYTHING about surgery. Who does that? Why would you do that as a doctor? I also have neck issues and he told me if I was in a car accident my neck could "snap off", I looked at him like "What the heck are you talking about?!?", then he said to me "Well, I guess if anyone is in a bad accident that could happen". When I go to the doctor I expect to be able to discuss my condition with the doctor, not have flipped remarks made to me. I just can't, in good conscience recommend him to anyone.

Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Max R. Berdichevsky's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 2007)