Ratings for Dr. Evangelia Fotopoulos

This is not the doctor you want to see. I promise you that you will regret it with every fiber of your being if you choose her. She does not care about her patients and her continued actions throughout the years that we saw her go to show it. On top of that, her staff is rude and follow the same standard of not caring. This behavior from both her and her staff has continually and consistently gotten worse every time we have gone. The only reason I continued to see her after the poor treatment was honestly just because I thought it would be such a hassle to switch to someone new, as she was the doctor for my two children and I. Looking back, it wasn't worth it to stay. I went in for a normal check up a few months back. She asked how I was doing mentally and emotionally and I told her that I was suffering from some depression and anxiety. She immediately jumped to putting me on antidepressants. I have never taken them before so I expressed my concerns about both the addictiveness and how each brand works differently for every person and I didn't want to possibly start to feel worse. She told me that should I have any problems at all that she would be there for me and that I need only call in and she would quickly and continually work on things until we got it just right. I felt pretty good leaving the office that day. I picked up my medication and started it that night. Some time later I started to feel TERRIBLE both mentally and physically and was having frequent suicidal thoughts. I was scared of the things racing through my mind. I called asking to speak to the doctor because she had promised she would be there to help me. Of course, she was busy, which I completely understand. The receptionist told me she would have someone call me back, so I waited. No one ever called me back. Over a month later and no one ever called me back. I missed my follow up appointment because I had reached the point where I realized the people in that office didn't care. Still never got a call. I could have been dead for all they cared. Now onto what happened with my two year old. He was very sick so his father took him to see the doctor. She prescribed medicine that needed a neutralizer which had to be approved by my insurance. It was days later and they still hadn't approved it (which has nothing to do with her, I understand). However, because my son was coughing so bad that he could not sleep nor eat (we are talking about to the point where he was gagging and throwing up constantly), his father and I decided we needed to give him something in the meantime to help him. He called early that morning to ask what we could give him that wouldn't interfere with his medication for when we started it. They gave him the typical "we will have someone call you back". After waiting over six hours, I called in asking to speak to someone that could tell me what I could give to him. I got the same answer I have always gotten. I kindly but firmly stated that I would like to wait on the phone until I could speak to someone. For the next 45 minutes I had to sit there and continually be belittled by the receptionist with her even laughing at me before placing me back on hold at one point. All of this because I wanted my son to feel better. I would not be calling unless it was absolutely necessary. Once I finally got someone on the phone it took them about 30 seconds to answer my one question and then I was on my way. Please, see someone else for your care. Choosing her would be one of the worst decisions you have ever made, I guarantee it.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

My daughter and myself both use Dr. Fotopoulos as our PCP. She really takes the time to understand your problems and doesnt rush the visit. She cares about you and your health. I am usually not one to fill something like this out, but I really like this Dr. and would recommend without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr.Fotopoulus was professional, punctual and made me feel at ease during my visit. She was very helpful in treating my symptoms and showed confidence with the treatments and medications she prescribed. I would recommend her to anyone in need of a wonderful Family Practice Physician. Thank you doctor. Gail Leary

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013