Ratings for Dr. Richard Fox

Dr. Fox helped me a ton with my spine issues. A kind man with great knowledge and care.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr.fox may the best our experience is quite different my son had to wait 4 days for surgery even though he was told if he moved he could possibly not walk again 4 days then went for follow up and was kept waiting 2 hrs really we were his first appointment then in June 1017 he had his rods removed 4 days later he had a huge hematoma on his back we tried calling for days and leaving messages very poor after care and again he is having problems and no calls from Dr.fox maybe it's time he retired and get so.eine younger in with a better repore with patients .. Dr.fox should at least finish the job it's not like he does it for free

Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr Fox did a C5-c6 discectomy on my neck in feb of this year to fix a bulging disc. Great experience before during and after surgery. A very kind and humble man who is committed to his patients well being. i will always be grateful to him for helping me and I wish him all the best. Thx Dr. Fox!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Fox is one of the best spinal neurosurgeons in Alberta. His main fault is he takes on too much work and will sacrifice his free time to get patients done when he should not have to but to me I thinki it speaks very highly of him. Unfortunately he takes care of many patients with chronic non surgical problems with unrealistic goals about chronic back pain. I know he tries to help so many people his case load puts him in arrears in submitting paperwork but you would think AHS would give his assistants the time to help him file everything on time to free him up to do what he does best ... spinal surgery ... I do stone carvings and gave one to his nurse/receptioninst to give to him as I have returned to weight training and golfing after DR FOX GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK fron a C5 1986 car accident that left me with spinal foraminal narrowing (2013 Op). Could not do dishes for a month but it was later worth it. 780 993 7625 Perry please call me Dr Fox if you did not get the stone carved Bear from your secretary ... I will give you a bigger one myself... you deserve a patient award from me on behalf of all your patients... in my humble estimation. PC

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I have been living in dibilating pain from a 10 mm disc Extrusion at my L5 S1. Nine months I couldn't focus or see straight at some points in the day as the Pain was too much to tolerate. Nothing eased this, so surgery was what I felt my only option. Today I went for a micro disctocomey at the Royal Alex hospital and Dr Fox and his team are AMAZING every step of the way I was taken care of and reassured about the operation. I'm crying tears of joy tonight as I finally have NO PAIN!!! THAT'S HUGE. My incision site is a bit tender, I can walk, I can lay flat and slept great when I got home. Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough for what Dr Fox did for me. From the nurse I first met at my assessment (Linda) to calling his secretary (Carrie) I felt like I was heard and validated along the way. You all have an amazing talent and I hold you in my highest regards. Best of luck to any one who may have to have this surgery!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Thank you to Dr Richard Fox and his whole team. I am not one to write reviews but for this one I had to do it prior to surgery last December 2016 I was severely limited with my physical capability and quality of life was very affected i had lost feelings in both legs with a lost of balance and walking issues, chronic pain in legs and lower back for almost two years but after my surgery Dr Fox removed an intradural extramedullary tumor that was located on my spine causing pressure to my spinal cord today after 7 weeks got back my legs feeling my balance is normal legs and lower back pain is gone my physical capability has increased to almost 100% all the things i didnt do anymore now i can again, i surely feel like a real man again. I cant wait for the motocycle riding season to be back on the saddle. I cant say enough good things about Dr Richard Fox and his awsome team. Best decision of my life for having the surgery done. Thank you very much Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Compassionate, considerate, conscientious, honest, skilled. There are not enough positive adjectives to describe Dr. Fox. Dr. Fox's resident is so very lucky to be learning from him and is already picking up many positive attributes. Dr. Fox's clinic coordinator is another outstanding member of this amazing team.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Thank you Dr. Fox. Prior to surgery, I was having great difficulty in walking, using my arms, and bladder control because of cervical spinal cord compression. Dr. Fox removed a disc protruding into my spinal cord and replaced it with a bone fusion. I was able to walk and use my arms almost immediately after coming around from surgery. The hospital stay and nursing after care was a nightmare, but this is not, in any way, a reflection of the great surgical outcome. I found him to be thorough, approachable and accommodating.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr Fox should not provide surgery for brain tumors as this is not his field of expertise. We learned this the hard way unfortunately. His assistant , I do not know her name, but usually get a message" not available". Otherwise she is abrupt and very uncaring in my experience.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I agree fully with all the positive comments on this site regarding Dr. Richard Fox. Dr Fox preformed a L5-S1 fusion on my back in 2008. I have had a new lease on life ever since. He is honest and a straight shooter; he will help you if he or his team possibly can. I would walk across the city of Edmonton to greet this great man. Thanks again Dr Fox. Joe from Onoway, AB.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

• Humana - Choice Care Ppo
  • Humana Medicare
Mail Handlers
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Umr