Ratings for Dr. Richard Fox

Thank you Dr. Fox. Prior to surgery, I was having great difficulty in walking, using my arms, and bladder control because of cervical spinal cord compression. Dr. Fox removed a disc protruding into my spinal cord and replaced it with a bone fusion. I was able to walk and use my arms almost immediately after coming around from surgery. The hospital stay and nursing after care was a nightmare, but this is not, in any way, a reflection of the great surgical outcome. I found him to be thorough, approachable and accommodating.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr Fox should not provide surgery for brain tumors as this is not his field of expertise. We learned this the hard way unfortunately. His assistant , I do not know her name, but usually get a message" not available". Otherwise she is abrupt and very uncaring in my experience.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I agree fully with all the positive comments on this site regarding Dr. Richard Fox. Dr Fox preformed a L5-S1 fusion on my back in 2008. I have had a new lease on life ever since. He is honest and a straight shooter; he will help you if he or his team possibly can. I would walk across the city of Edmonton to greet this great man. Thanks again Dr Fox. Joe from Onoway, AB.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I recently had microdisectomy lumbar surgery by Dr Fox. My results after surgery are amazing! Very low pain level, even right after surgery. My back and nerve pain are gone, thanks to this man I feel like I've been given a second chance at having a pain free life. I would absolutely highly recommend Dr Fox for any issues he may be able to help you with. He truly is amazing.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I was referred to the Spine Clinic and was lucky enough to get Dr. Fox as my surgeon. He is definitely my hero. I suffered from stenosis and spondylilothesis and after meeting with gim and his nurse, Tim ( who was also wonderful), Dr. Fox was very honest and kind while explaining all the risks to the surgery, 6 weeks layer he operated on my back. My right leg had already degenerated greatly from the nerves in my spine being crushed and I had great weakness, pain, and some are ad already on their way to paralysis. Upon waking up from surgery I immediately knew the problems were reversed. I am very grateful to Dr. Fox and his staff for fixing me. The pain was horrible and it is great to not suffer anymore from the pain or the knowledge that without medical intervention, paralysis was inevitable. He knows what he is doing, he is honest and straight forward about the positives and negatives, and from my experience, he does things in a timely manner. Thank you so much Dr. Fox.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

i was in awful pain all of last summer,could not make my arm comfortable my doc booked me a appointment with doc fox. i saw him for the first time in December and was in total awe of him.he didn't force the neck surgery on me but let it be my decision, as the pain was now more or less under control due to Major pain killers. i decided to go for the surgery at all times he was great to deal with before surgery he came into the room and talked to me again to see if this was what i wanted. after surgery he came to see me to let me know everything had gone well, and as i had to stay over night he was back the next morning to clear me to go home. at all times he was upbeat, and kind. always made sure i knew everything that was going on, and did not display any ego. THANK YOU DOCTOR FOX FOR EVERYTHING

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Great surgeon who changed my life from pain everyday to having none. Not very punctual but took the time to explain his surgical plan once I saw him and never rushed me.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I just have to say that Dr. Fox WAS SO AMAZING!! I am very Thankful that I had him as my surgeon. Nothing but good things to say for him. Great bedside manner! When I told him some of my concerns he took care of them right away with such compassion as far as I had felt! SO I can only say that if you get Dr. Fox as your surgeon you are in good hands!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

I have been to many, many Doctors, and Dr. Fox is better then most. I have chosen to delay my surgery for as long as possible but when it comes time, it will be Dr. Fox that doe’s it, as I have full confidence in him. I have read the comments listed on here and do not understand those that have posted negative remarks. When you go to see Dr. Fox it is because your family Doctor has depleted his options for treatment, and is sending you to see a surgeon as his last choice. Dr Fox is a surgeon that’s what he does. He does not make you have surgery. That is your choice. He offers his best OPINION and yes,**** happens and sometimes it does not work out well. He is only a man and is not perfect. If you want perfection you must speak to GOD. If you think there are no risks when you are having any kind of surgery you need more then a brain surgeon, you need a brain. And Yes I more then agree some Doctors should NOT be practicing, but it is my own opinion Dr. Fox is not one of them.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

This doctor has been a GODSEND to me & my family. His secretary Carrie is amazing as he is. It's an absolute insult to his training/teaching abilities, his staff, his knowledge, his time & efforts for anyone to insult this man's intentions. Too many people expect miracles for their back pain. I was very lucky, Yes, Dr. Fox did perform absolute miracles on me. He saved - no gave me my life back. First he discovered a brain malformation, corrected that, he then went on to explain my options in great detail about corrective spinal surgery. He made no false promises, he was upfront about the risks, his bedside manner every single time I've seen him (in the hospital and in his office) has always been professional, courteous, respectful, patient and extremely friendly & knowledgable. He always makes a point of grabbing my hand, looks me directly in the eyes. He uses humour appropriately, he's humble -whenever I credit his work, he always credits his "team". He is the BEST doc I've EVER had!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009