Ratings for Dr. Ana P. Hoffman

They are excellent as far as ability. Their prices are average for the area. Here's the problem with them and the reason for the bad rating on helpfulness -- they are not, shall we say, concerned about patient pain. I had a root cancel done on a tooth that apparently had a bad infection in it. I cannot easily describe the pain level. I've had other painful things in life, including two broken bones... neither one compared. It was paralyzing pain, which returned in spades as the Novacane wore off. They didn't want to give ANY pain medication. Eventually they gave "Tylenol #3" -- it didn't do much and I learned it's about the weakest prescription pain med out there. I called the next day and was to, in essence, "take Motrin and tough it out." WTF? I'm not some junkie trying to abuse meds... they obviously know I'm suffering from an infected root canal. Is it too much paperwork to write a script for something that would actually remove the pain??! Irresponsible...

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

My family is new to the area and we needed to find a new dentist. We chose Pennington Family Dentistry from there website. My children and I were very happy with the service that Dr. Ana Hoffman provided. She was very kind, gentile, and knowledgable. I recomend Dr. Ana Hoffman without reservation.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010