Ratings for Dr. Jason W. Choi

I was referred to Dr choi, through Reach who discovered a dark mass on my jaw bone. When I finally saw a surgeon, Dr. Choi said that he wasn't looking at anything. It's normal to have a painful bump protruding into your mouth, "It's TMD". But he prescribed a mouth guard!? I told him I can't afford one because I'm on Social Assistance, He told me to stop smoking for two days, and asked me if I was so dumb as to choose smoking over my health. I was offended, and told him I would not be bullied, and he was crossing my boundaries. Dr. Choi got angry at me that I wanted respect and pointed out he didn't charge me for the xray that the government of BC was paying on my behalf, so why he didnt capitalize seems silly, though it shows his main interest is money, and as a patient on social assistance i recommend going somewhere else. I researched TMD and how to treat without a mouth guard, and it seems TMD is caused by SLEEP APNEA, and a mouth guard will only aggravate my muscles further, and will not cure my sleep apnea, but in fact make it so I may stop breathing more in the night if I were to use the $25 sport brand mouth guard.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

I had a minor surgery this week for an artificial big tooth. The operation started at 9:15 and by 12:00 noon, the bleeding had already stopped (bearing in mind that due to high blood pressure I had been on blood thinner and aspirin for two years), no more pain and the swollen cheek had almost subsided. It was such a good job by Dr. Choi that I resumed my daily exercises the following day without any pain or side effect.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted at the Burnaby office, and it was a very smooth process. Dr. Choi and his staff are all very friendly and helpful. Dr. Choi explained everything very clearly throughout the whole process. Even though mine was a slightly complicated case (2 teeth were impacted, I think?), they were very efficient and the extraction took under 45 minutes. They gave me detailed instructions for recovery and seemed very keen to help should any complications arise. There were none, and I was off painkillers on day 2. I dunno if that's due to their excellent work, my following their instructions, or what, but anyway I would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Jason Choi is simply amazing. He is very dedicated and helpful. He took the time to make sure that my son was referred to the right doctors. He even wrote letters and made phone calls to the relevant doctors to explain what was happening so that my son could get the right care quickly. I really appreciate all his efforts.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Male, 26 - I had 3 wisdom teeth removed in the Burnaby office and I was sedated for the procedure. The staff and doctor thoroughly explained the wisdom teeth procedure and informed me of all the possible complications (if any) to calm me of my worries. The friendly and knowledgeable staff provided all the necessary information pre and post operation and I could not be more satisfied with the procedure and assistance. The staff are well trained and ready to provide and assistance and answer (even over the phone) should you have any. By following the staff's detailed post-surgery maintenance instructions, my swelling was gone by day 1 and I was eating solid food by day 3.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had 2 teeth extracted recently at the Aberdeen office. Dr. Choi was kind and helpful throughout the procedure, it was only slightly painful. However, when my wound had a complication a few weeks after, it was difficult to reach the dental clinic for help as the stuff did not response to calls on a business day. This made it difficult to get help quickly, and it does not help that gum infections increase the risk of the heart disease.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed by Dr.Choi and I am very satisfied with their job. I was sedated and did not feel a single thing after I woke up. I expected to have severe pain and bruising after, but everything turned out to be perfect. They did an amazing job.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I recently had 6 teeth removed by Dr Choi under local anesthetic. It was incredibly fast (under 45 mins!) and easy. I could not believe how efficient he is be how comfortable he makes his patients. His entire staff are so kind and sweet. Highly recommend!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out by Dr Choi under local anasthesic. Although I was a bit nervous, he talked me through the procedure step by step as he was doing it so there were no surprises. Everything went as planned, and in around half an hour, everything was out. His staff gave detailed home care instructions, and even called me the next day to make sure I was doing fine. There was little to no pain, no bruising or swelling, and I went back for a check up after a week. Overall a great experience, would definitely recommend him to other people.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Dr Choi is an amazing surgeon. I was hesitant to take out my remaining wisdom tooth because of a previous traumatic experiences. Dr Choi reassured me that everthing would be quick and painless, and if I felt pain at anytime that I could stop and have him give me more freezing. It took him 2 minutes to take my tooth! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for teeth removals. He knows what hes doing and his staff is extrememly friendly and well mannered. They called me for a check up the next morning and I was please that I barely had any pain or swelling!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014