You may also like

Rate Dr. Andrei Metelitsa

Dr. Andrei Metelitsa's Ratings

I was diagnosed in April of 2014 with Skin Cancer. I was referred to Dr. Metelitsa and had an appointment on May 20th. He was fantastic. He quickly removed the two lesions. I was worried about scaring but he did such a great job, there is nothing. I have never waited more than 10 minutes from the time I walk in the door to seeing him. I have been back two more times for further skin cancer lesions and he has been amazing. I trust him and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone. He and his staff are professional and highly competent. I have not worried one time since he became my Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2908804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2015

Dr Metelitsa is a great dermatologist with excellent staff. I would highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2896142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

My son was developing severe acne and nothing was working even prescription creams. I had previously seen Dr. Metelitsa about a cyst that had to be removed and he was on time, painless and removed it the same day. With my son (who can be a typical grumpy teen especially in the morning) he recommended trying Accutane, gave us the potential side effects and monitored him carefully throughout his 6+ month treatment. His acne is GONE and other than needing to use lip balm several times daily, there were no other side effects and he saved my son from a lifetime of scars. I would highly recommend him and if it takes a while to get in to see him, consider that there is a shortage of doctors in Calgary and I for one appreciate that he doesn't dilly dally around, taking longer than necessary with each patient to make the wait even longer. He spent the appropriate amount of time to help us out and was quite pleasant and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

This doctor has been disappointing to say the least. My husband has been to him several times for a skin infection that is still ongoing. We need to find someone else who will actually LISTEN to us about this distressing problem. He just pushes the pills that don't work and hasn't even done any tests to confirm what the problem is. According to the reviews I've read he is more interested in patients that are paying for cosmetic procedures than people with actual medical issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2883588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2015

I have been dealing with armpit sweating since I was a teenager without much success. My family doctor referred me to Dr Metelitsa and he recommended Botox injections. The injections worked amazing to a point that I almost forgot about my sweating issue and I continue to see him every 5 months. His nurses are both very friendly and caring- they even accommodated my schedule when I had to reschedule last minute. I think he is the best dermatologist in Calgary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2882973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2015

Ive suffered with my skin reaction for 15 years. I went to best European clinics in Dubai, UK, Moscow- no one could recognize what was wrong with me. Dr Metelitsa needed only few sentences of my description. Then he showed me on the computer pictures of same symptoms!! It took him only few min. He gave me then full description of the sickness I had, treatments options, preventative methods. He resolved my 15 years of questions within few min of his brilliant mind!
I read the others reviews…. our society does not value each other's time!
Fast and efficient is not enough?
I WILL highly recommend this dermatologist to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2862581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Dr Metelitsa diagnosed my condition immediately and the medication prescribed worked perfectly. My rash cleared up in a few weeks and has not returned. This was persistant for over a year and was worried nothing was was going to help. I would recommend using him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2851432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

This Dr. wasted a year of my life because he could not diagnose, even with 2 biopsies, squamous cell skin cancer on my lower lip. He would consult his colleagues after new results came and his suggested treatment for the time was totally ineffective. It was not until his third consult with a partner in the office that told him to do a punch biopsy. Like I suspected from the very beginning this biopsy showed squamous cell skin cancer. He apologized for not listening to me and referred me to Dr Arlette to perform MOHS surgery on it. It had grown to be very large while I waited and tried his "conservative" treatments that were not even close to having any affect because the lesion on my lip was not severe chapped lips, nor a really bad cold sore, nor a fungal infection. By the time I went in for surgery the tumour took up half of lower lip and was raised about 3/4 of inch. Dr Arlette was a great surgeon and Dr McKensie, who did the repair did a marvelous repair surgery. Dr. Metalitza assured me each time over the year that was seeing him, that my lesion was NOT cancer. Had he done the correct type of biopsy in the first place, I may not have suffered in pain and anguish for so long and the real Dr's could have gotten to work on it before it became and urgent surgical matter. I would never go back to this incompetent ever again and would not recommend him to anyone. Sure he appears on TV spots about vanity type treatments but he does not treat real conditions properly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2851012].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 28, 2015

like other reviews i waited months for an appointment and it took me longer to fill out the one page information sheet then how long my appointment lasted. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. He was not interested at all to hear what I had to say, my questions or concerns. Just wanted to write a prescription and get me out. He said to come back in 2 months, but I'm going to cancel - the dude was rude and couldn't have cared less about me. Not what I had expected at all. very disappointed

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2849621].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 26, 2015

Very attentive dermatologist, explained to me in detail specific steps to address my aging. I feel confident in his approach and plan to come back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2836297].votes_count ]]