Ratings for Dr. Vanessa Valentino

I started seeing Dr. Valentino for individual therapy for anxiety and depression about 9 months ago. I had a hard childhood and never really recovered. And at home my marriage was getting in the way as there are problems there too. After several months of individual therapy she thought it might be a good idea for him to come in too for couples's. She recommends having an evaluation for the partner so she can evaluate them, hear their side, and so it feels fair before starting couple's, and to see if they might want or need individual therapy as well. My husband is now coming to couple's the past few months, was able to see his own issues, so has also stated individual therapy now as well. He is working on his own issues. This is beneficial as we are both trying to improve ourselves and our marriage. It's helps us communicate and express ourselves in a calm way rather than in an angry way and really listen and learn to empathize. It's been a great help. Not sure what the outcome will be, but I know we can say we really tried our best, and both are making personal growth, and will be confident in our decision. Thanks Dr. Valentino

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr. Vanessa Valentino

Dr. Vanessa Valentino's response
Thank you so very much for the review. It is always nice to hear that I am helping someone to help themselves. You're really the one doing the work I'm just helping you find the strength in you. The road to recovery from trauma is long sometimes but well worth the effort. It's hard, but as you can see it can be done. Taking the first step is the hardest. Whoever you are I am very proud of you and I look forward to continuing to treat you. I'm glad you are feeling empowered and moving from victim to survivor! You are the reason I do this!

Submitted June 4, 2017

Excellent Doctor! Listened to me, sympathetic, truly cared. Highly recommend. Hesitant to start therapy but glad I did. It has been going great. (4 months) Feels more like a friend, but still a professional. All about empowering me to get to be where I want to be in my life. I feel great! Go see Dr. Valentino!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr. Vanessa Valentino

Dr. Vanessa Valentino's response
Thank you, that is so kind. It is always nice to hear positive words and that I am helping you to help you. That is what is important. Be well... and you'll be even better!

Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr. Vanessa Valentino's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am a Clinical Psychologist in private practice in a luxurious Midtown location in the heart of everything in historic building. Psychotherapy is a very personal and intimate relationship, and making the decision on which psychologist you choose to work with is an important one. Therefore, let me summarize my background and how I work with my patients. My approach is to provide a safe, open environment where you will feel comfortable expressing your inner thoughts and feelings. Exactly how this is done will depend on you, and we will work on this together. I believe insight into your feelings, your actions, and your interpersonal relationships, both past and present, all contribute to who you are now. Focusing on this is usually the key. Although I treat many types of issues like depression and anxiety, as well as more severe conditions, I also specialize in trauma and PTSD. If needed, we can work together to help you move from victim to survivor and feel more in control. Regardless of your issues, we should all feel in control of our lives past, present, and future, and that we have the power and ability to change our lives for the better. Whatever the condition, overall the focus of treatment is to help you understand and gain insight into yourself so you are empowered to make the changes you want to live the life you want. If you are interested in treatment, you can reach me at (646) 450-1432. I accept several insurance plans, but please call to confirm, or private pay.

• English

• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy
  • Female sexual dysfunction

• “An Older Woman Always has a Story...” The Role of the Mature Woman in an Evolving Patriarchal Society

Delta Dental