Ratings for Dr. Shabnam V. Cheriyath

Like many doctors, nowadays in the US, she really tried to rush me out of the office. I went in for a yearly physical after not having a primary care physician for a few years, and I had a list of things I wanted to discuss. In my initial consult we never went over anything, and she never asked about any concerns I might have. She ordered some basic lab work and she said she wanted to me to come back in in a month for my actual physical. She wasn't available in a month so I had to schedule the physical two months out. A week before my appointment I get a message that she is not going to be in the office the day of my appointment so I need to reschedule and the next date was another month away. *sigh* Finally got into my appointment 4 months after the initial consultation and it was like she really just wanted to get the whole appointment over with. She was talking soooo fast, to look at me and the initial lab results you wouldn't think there was anything else wrong with me. I finally had to ask her to slow down and let her know there were some things regarding my health that I was concerned about. Turns out we need to do additional testing and I will need to see a specialist as well. Doctors today REALLY need to remember that we are more than just insurance payments. I wish there was more relationship building. There are many more urgent care centers popping up because primary care is not what it used to be. It's very sad.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015