Ratings for Dr. Ruan Zhao

I was referred to Dr. Zhao by a friend who visits Sarasota regularly. Each time sees him for treatments. I have had acupuncture up north and was skeptical about what I would experience here. He has a very busy practice and you can expect to wait a while before he sees you. In any event when he came to examine me I was very impressed that in less than 5 minutes he knew about several cardiovascular issues I have and also found the nodule on my thyroid. All of these I knew about but he amazed me that he found them and so fast. I have 3 herniated disks in my lower lumbar which flare up from time to time. And so I wanted to have them addressed . He put the needles in several places including my back. You lie still for about 20 minutes and then you are done. I felt pretty good when I left and the next day had no stiffness or pain. I also slept like a rock. So all in all I am very happy with his treatments. The only draw back is that you will wait for 1/2 hr to 1 Hr even with an appointment. But somethings are worth waiting for.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

My MIL tells everyone she knows what a tremendous help Dr. Zhao was to her as she endured treatment for breast cancer. Friends who had battled cancer highly recommended that (along with her Oncologist) she see Dr. Zhao, and she took their advice. She is so thankful for Dr. Zhao's work, and encouragement, that helped her during that hard time.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

I could not have gotten through all that I have been through and felt so healthy and hopeful without Dr.Zhao's wonderful treatments. I endured very strong chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant this year, and with acupuncture, herbs and Dr. Zhao's warm and caring advice, I have done extremely well! He is top notch in his field and knows exactly what he is doing. I can't recommend him enough if you are looking for an alternative to western medicine.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

I am stunned at the quick wonderful results I have received. I've been dealing with an issue for over 3 weeks, and, finally, went to see 'a doctor'. I did not want a western doctor and was referred here by several people. I went in on a Wednesday and by Friday I had amazing results due to the treatment and herbs that I received. I have made several calls to let my family and friends know about this doctor and his very professional, gentle and caring manner and most of all, his knowledge. I am thrilled that I went to him and plan on having him as my primary .. and secondary .. physician. I, truly, am amazed but not really surprised because I believe in 'natural' healing, mind/body connection and an overall healthy lifestyle that includes excellent nutrition.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011