You may also like

Rate Dr. James R. Dupuy

Dr. James R. Dupuy's Ratings

After being in CHRONIC pain for 3 years I was desperate.. I had been to 4 other chiropractors, 6+ medical doctors & specialists, I had numerous test including MRI & x Ray. I also got accupuncture, steroid injections and physical therapy. Every doctor I seen sent me to the next, telling me my tests were all normal, but yet I was in horrible pain, when I say horrible I'm saying I was in a very dark place. Everyday I would wake up, after NOT sleeping much at all, and I could barely get out of bed. Pain was non-stop, no matter what I did the pain was there. This pain took my life away, I didn't enjoy ANYTHING because I couldn't. One day after receiving results of yet another MRI (NORMAL), my husband called and told me about Jim at All Star. Although I was skeptical, because I had already tried everything, I was also DESPERATE!!! I needed my life back.. I remember the day before my appointment, my mother had came to visit and I sat there crying to her because I was so exhausted from the pain. At this point I couldn't sit, I couldn't lay, I couldn't stand, and I couldn't walk.. I am 31 with 3 children, ages 8 years , 2 years, and 8 months & I literally walked like I was WAY older, no I didn't even walk, I hobbled. This horrible pain made everyday nearly impossible :( ... So mom and I prayed and we prayed some more.. The next day I went to my appointment with Jim, on the way there, while driving, my back and leg was hurting so bad that by the time I arrived I couldn't even sit down to fill out paperwork, I had to stand at the front desk.. After a short time Jim came out to get me, he listened to EVERYTHING I had been going through. He pinpointed my EXACT problem areas.. AMAZING, right? Someone finally listened to me.. So after my treatment, I literally WALKED up to the front desk to schedule another visit!! Jim told me what my issue was, how to fix it & he showed me what I need to do at home.. After I got home, I did NOT want to sit down, THIS WAS THE VERY FIRST TIME IN 3 YEARS THAT I CAN ACTUALLY SAY I AM COMFORTABLE!!! My 8 year old came in from school, seen me standing and walking, he said "Mommy, you are walking!!! Does this mean we will be able to play again?" My answer used to be "I don't know honey, maybe someday." But this time my answer was "YES HONEY, WE ARE GOING TO RUN , JUMP, PLAY BALL, RIDE BIKES, WHATEVER YOU WANT, VERY SOON!"
I don't know how I could ever Thank Jim enough!! I'm so grateful that he has helped me get back on my "Life's" path... The staff is AWESOME!! This is my success story with Jim Dupuy and All Star Chiropractic & Wellness!! What's yours???
Huge Thank you to Jim & staff!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2908598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Jim for four years now. Hands down he is the BEST chiropractor I have ever been to. I am an avid believer in regular chiropractic care and now thanks to Jim, acupuncture is also on my priority list. I am a distance runner and could not be doing the things I'm doing without Jim. I recently had surgery on my elbow and truly credit Jim's care, which has complimented my physical therapy, for my speedy recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Jim to anyone who wants to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2015

I was in a car accident and Dr. Jim and his wonderful massage therapist restored my back and neck. They were very helpful in educating me about correct posture, injury prevention, and continued overall wellness. I was very pleased my treatment. Previously, I was skeptical about chiropractors in general, but I am a believer know. My back treatment even helped my long term knee pain. Thank you Dr. Jim and staff:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2888022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

It took me eight years of living in Columbus to find Dr. Jim. I have chiropractor "hopped" all around the city. Most of the other chiropractors that I have seen, seem to run their office like a factory. I always felt like a number. Finding Dr. Jim was so refreshing! He takes time with every single person he sees. He cares about you as an individual and really wants to help you get better. I would and have recommended him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Jim is amazing. He knows a ton about body alignment and can simply take a look at you and tell exactly what is going on and what is off. The man is an expert at getting things back in position to get root of the root of the underlying pain. I have been competing in bodybuilding for 8 years now and I use massage therapists and chiropractors often to get rid of aches and pains. Dr. Jim has taken the place of both. Go see him he will fix up good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Dr. Jim is hands down THE BEST chiropractor I have ever been to. He takes his time with every patient to really get down to the problem and fix it, he also uses some great osteopathic techniques that no other chiropractor I have ever been to has done. I highly recommend him to everyone I know!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2779967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I’ve been a patient for 7 months now with Dr. Jim after being referred to him initially due to constant headaches, back pain, and popping noises from my shoulders. I went in skeptical of what difference a chiropractor could make and how frequently I would have to be seen for the difference to be made. No one likes going to the doctor, especially often. After the first visit, I knew things would be different. He was fully supportive of teaching me how to take care of myself and doing preventative work so I could come in less frequently and wouldn’t be coming in for issues I could manage myself. He was very thorough in making sure I understood what was going on, what was causing the issues, and what the plan was to fix them. He answered all of my questions and taught me treatments I could do a home to help the issues I knew about, such as: my headaches that were due to my shoulders and neck being overly tight from stress and poor posture; my poor posture is from sitting at a desk all day for my job and having a weak core that forced my back muscles to compensate for keeping my body upright; and the popping noises from my shoulder were from my side-sleeping and from my poor posture.

I say “knew about” because he was able to immediately identify and provide treatment plans for issues that I didn’t realize were going on. Dehydration was a problem since someone my weight (215lbs.) should be drinking about 13 cups of water a day (weight in pounds / 2 = ounces of water or weight / 16 = cups of water), carrying my wallet in my back right pocket was causing my right leg to be slightly shorter than the other, and having a couple ribs out of place (apparently not uncommon) was another reason for my back discomfort. ALL of this on my FIRST visit. In future visits, we continued and modified treatments for previous issues, and discussed issues that I would need to be aware of in the future due to my type of work and my hobbies that involve intense physical activity.

Since then, we’ve been executing and changing a plan that has been extremely helpful in improving my health and quality of life, and treating issues on my own between monthly visits. I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the attention he gives me and other patients I see at his office. Most importantly, I’m delighted to see a doctor that: focuses on figuring out the ROOT causes of conditions; informs patients of the entire condition from identification to treatment; trains patients on how to treat conditions and prevent/reduce future occurrences; provides recommendations and treatments that are done naturally; only recommends treating with medication or surgery when necessary; and treats patients as people and not a number or face to get slowly pushed through the office. I can’t give enough praise to the good doctor. I’m looking forward to future visits.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I began seeing Dr. Jim just over a year ago due to a shoulder injury. I had always been skeptical of chiropractors, but a friend of mine finally nagged enough and I went with her to the appointment.

I could not have been more surprised. Dr. Jim talked me through everything that he was doing to help my friend with her fibromyalgia. I briefly discussed my needs and he answered every question I had. I discovered that not only could he help my shoulder, but he had plans to aid in repairing all the distress my Crohn’s disease was causing me. I never thought about seeing a chiropractor for Crohn’s, but he focuses on the body as a whole. He cares about you and will help you recover naturally.

Before seeing Dr. Jim, my shoulder was in unbearable pain from damaging muscle, my Crohn’s was in a massive 2 year flair that my specialists had failed to control with medications, I was having trouble walking from all the fissures, abscesses, and constant loss of blood…and then I met Dr. Jim.

He talked to me about food, water and supplements like fiber and how they work with my body. Also to find out what happens to your intestines when you don’t get enough water…GROSS! My point is that I seriously wondered why none of my Crohn’s specialists ever had these discussions with me in the 15+ years I’ve carried this illness?! My answer…they try to push you in and out of their office on meds and don’t take the time to teach. How many of you have felt this way about your doctor? I would bet most of you at least at one time or another. I can assure you that you will NEVER feel this way at Dr. Jim’s office.

Dr. Jim will teach you stretches for home care, icing/heating, nutrition, etc. and help you with anything he can to make sure you are prepared to do everything you can for your body in between visits.

The proof: I haven’t seen blood from Crohn’s in months, I run constantly for fun and my shoulder is now fully functional again. Also…I used to get chronic migraines (4-5x a month). I had 2 the entire 2014 year. If that isn’t a miracle, you tell me what is. So thankful to Dr. Jim for giving me my fully functional life back!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2725563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

He is the opposite of a wam bam thank you ma'am chiropractor who has you in and out in ten minutes. He's caring and will make sure you get the treatment you need. What an amazing chiropractor! I've been to a lot of chiropractors and he is my favorite by far. He's not like the rest. His cash same day prices are very reasonable too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

He is very thoroughly, kind and caring. Would recommend anyone to his practice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712433].votes_count ]]