Ratings for Dr. Gregory A. MAY

Very helpful and professional. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Dr May performs examinations for Social Security disability determinations. I was sent to him to be evaluated for PTSD. I am a former police officer and a Veteran of the Persian Gulf War 1990-1991 and OIF 2008-2009. His evaluation of my PTSD consisted of two questions. "why do you think you have PTSD?" and "what do you think your symptoms are?" I have been diagnosed and under treatment through the VA yet none of this went into his report. He stated I was exaggerating my symptoms without stating what symptoms and reported I was malingering in order to get benefits. He insulted my service in the military and told me he was to privilege to "have" to serve. He has no training or experience in PTSD. Pacific University where he obtained his PHD offers no classes in PTSD. My experience with him was so bad, I nearly committed suicide. This is all document in my medical records. I pray he loses his license as a result of my complaints and never evaluates another Veteran for PTSD.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Really cant say enough about this doctor. He truly cared about my well-being in regards to my health anxiety disorder which had run rampant in my life. He allowed my wife to sit in on my sessions and actually took time to allow her to vent and express what my disorder did to her as well. Though I didn't see him more than 14 times he lowered his fee for a time so that I could still afford to see him regularly. He believed that my health was more important than my inability to pay him. What a truly great man. He is incredibly knowledgeable and not only owns his own practice but teaches at the University of Portland. If you need help I truly implore you to seek his services. You will not be disappointed and you will feel comfortable in speaking to him. Just fyi..I am a 24 year old male who has trouble talking about anything. Thanks Dr. G May! Go Timbers! =)

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011