Ratings for Dr. Karen K. Lau

My wife and I had a newborn in December. My wife was suffering from postpartum depression and called Dr Karen Lau's office to make an appointment. My wife explained to them that she needs to see the Dr as soon as possible for her depression. The office staff did not take her condition seriously and told her the soonest they can get her in is a in a month. Postpartum Depression is a scary thing and can take it's toll on women and babies. That was the first indicator that the staff is negligent and lacks patient care. I'm sure with my wife's condition they could have got her in sooner. The day came for her appointment we received a call saying Dr Lau was sick and the appointment was cancelled. We complained to our ins. and the the agent called Dr Lau's office to tell them they cant treat patients like this. To our surprise, we listened to the agent's conversation and Dr Lau was at the office after all. Our ins. agent scolded them for lying and bad patient care. Unprofessional!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014