Ratings for Dr. Theresa E. Cusick

Dr. Cusick's office sent my Medicaid muscle biopsy out of state to Oklahoma. Kansas Medicaid will not pay for out of state testing. Was Dr. Cusick aware of this action? Yes she was. A staff member came in the exam room, my chart in hand, pointed to a certain line on the chart, but said no words. Dr. Cusick said, Why are you sending it there"? The staff member didn't answer - just kept pointing. Dr. Cusick said, "Oh, the insurance?" The staff member nodded, and Dr. Cusick said, "OK". This happened in about 2003. Why am I just now telling about it? Because it's been eating on me since it happened. I'm the type of person who pays off my credit card every month. If I hadn't been approved for disability so that I was able to pay the bill, who knows what I would've done? So watch out if you're on medicaid - TELL her to keep the testing within Kansas. Just in case she's still doing this kind of thing.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Very knowledgeable in the area of breast cancer. Willing to find answers if she doesn't know off the top of her head. Easily approachable and easy to talk with. Limits follow-up to recommended standards, 'tho I would have preferred much more. Dr. Cusick has a great sense of humor which puts a patient at ease.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Dr Cusick is very patient and extremely helpful in explaining what she is doing.She makes sure the patient understands the procedure and why it is necessary. She is very dedicated to her patients.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Theresa E. Cusick's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1994)

HealthPartners