Ratings for Dr. Amy L. Barfield

I've been going there 20 years - never again. Long waits - p*ss poor attitude - good luck getting an appointment - girl at the desk couldn't find any of my records (reminder going there 20 years) - clueless staff l - but if you're a pharmaceutical rep - Hey come on in!!! Tried to make an appointment for an annual physical - girl on the phone didn't know shinola. Doctor acts like she's doing you a big favor by gracing you with her presence. Go somewhere else and save your money. This is a practice that deserves to die.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Barfiekd for a few years now. I have not been happy with Dr. Barfield's attitude. I feel like she does not like being a doctor. She was angry when my orthopedic doctor wanted here to monitor my labs while I was taking Celebrex for my arthritis. The orthopdeic doctor stated he wanted her to monitor since she draws blood for labs more often and I was seeing her more often. Anttime I have called to ask for a refill I have to call several times before getting a sarcastic answer from the teceptionist. I felt like they doctor and the staff went out of thier way to be as little help as possible. There is a high turnover rate in the nurses that work for Dr. Barfield. I have never seen the same nurse twice. I found bedside manner to be contentious, taking issue with in significant issues.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Barfield for a couple of years now and she has been one of the best doctors I've seen. She has been very attentive, caring and in fact, more concerned about a health issue than I was initially. She is thorough and always takes as much time as I need. I highly recommend Dr. Barfield.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

We are new to the area and was assigned this doctor when we got here by our insurance. She was very short with us and not accommodating at all. When we asked for refills of our current meds she short-cutted and we had to go back in the office to get it fixed. Not once, but twice. We felt like we were an inconvenience to her and that she was doing us a favor by even letting us in her office. We gave this office a handful of chances and are now looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Cold, disinterested, in a hurry to leave, not caring at all.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

The office cannot follow instructions as to where to submit prescriptions. They file claims incorrectly. Many on the staff are snippy and are not interested in helping with their insurance problems.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I just read the other reviews and I actually like Dr. Barfield very much. My husband and I have both seen her over the years with no complaints. I can usually get in fairly quickly, and I've never felt that she didn't take my concerns seriously. I give both she and her staff an A+ rating!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I went in for a second opinion about a newly surfaced issue with my health. I am generally healthy, so I did not want to make the mistake of taking a new med for a long period of time if it were unnecessary. All of the staff appeared cold and unprofessional to me. Dr. Barfield walked in before the medical assistant had even completed her initial work. So basically, she didn't even need a chart before seeing me. I knew at that moment that I had wasted my time and would never return. Mind you I was there for a second opinion, mainly because of the side affects of my new drug and because Drs make mistakes and I am responsible for my own health. She then gives me the run down on what a "second opinion" is the legal run down that is. I know what a second opinion is and her version of a second opinion was reading to me the other Dr.'s opinion without even running any test of her own. I wish I had found this site before I booked an appointment. I will gladly go back to my original Dr

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

I went into this practice with a smile, and left out depressed with my eyes feeled with tears. Girl at the front and payment desk was nice. The nurse that called me to the back, was not pleasant at all. She asked me why I was seeing the Docter, but when I told her she told me(We don't do that kind of test cause it's to expensive!!) I said yeah?.. well I'll talk to the Doctor about it. When the Doctor came in 15 min later, Her attitude was ice cold and she had worse bedside manner I've ever seen in a Doctor, but, she wasn't as bad as the nurse. The time to get to understand my concerns as a new patient was not given at all. I felt that she assumed the worst about my situation, before allowing me to expain things completely. She had more personal oppinons, than she did professional. She made rude and sarcastic comments about my personal life. I was not cofortable at all. I would not recommend her to my worst enemy! Today was my first and last time going to her!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Dr. Amy L. Barfield's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1996)

First Health Network