Ratings for Dr. Jordan F. Lief

Dr Jordan Lief is an excellent individual and group therapist for individuals seeking outpatient therapy for sexual addiction and other addiction issues. He is a certified sexual addiction therapist but he is also a psychologist which is important in this field because the overwhelming majority of clients seeking treatment for sexual addiction have some co morbid psychological struggle like depression, anxiety etc.. Most sexual addiction treatment providers do not have both abilities. Jordan is also caring and compassionate and easy to talk with. As an addiction psychologist myself, I refer to him often especially for cases involving sexual addiction treatment. Jeremy Frank PhD., CADC., Addiction Psychologist and Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor www.jeremyfrankphd.com.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

We've been going to Dr. Lief for several months now. We would have no qualms about recommending this kind, focused and supportive therapist.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

There were times during my experience with Dr. Lief where he would tend to self-promote, almost to the point where I felt I was being given a hard sell, which I found uncomfortable and unprofessional. I have never experienced another therapist telling me that he was the only person out there qualified to treat me. It is patently untrue and I was never sure of his motive for making those claims. I never got the sense that Dr. Lief had the life experience at the time to dispense nuanced and individualized advice and plan courses of action tailored to the individual. Everything he said felt very textbook and inflexible. There were occasions where his recommendations of disclosure and frankness went beyond what was sensibly therapeutic and caused needless pain for third-parties. In addition, during one of our sessions he appeared shocked and noticeably flinched when I related a difficult and private issue to him. Needless to say, this did not instill confidence.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011