Ratings for Dr. Christina Pena

As an Army wife I had many GYN doctors and for those years I struggle gynecological issues to the point of always feeling there was no help for me. When my husband retired and I need it to go to civilian doctors I still went through a few in Miami until I went to Dr Peña and imideately she was able to see what was going on with me and today I must say I am the happiest I've ever been in regards of my health issues. I have move from the area and still choose to go to Dr Christina Peña because she has demonstrated Knoledge and professionalism in all my doctors visits. All I have read on this others reviews had been related to $$$ issues and how can anyone descides about a doctors skills and knowledge without having been treated by the doctor first. I don't know how insurance completely work but all I have had to pay has been my co-pay and the rendered treatment has been very well done.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Disgusting Doctor. Only cares about making money. No regard for her patients. Should lose her medical license.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Wow. I am surprised with some of these poor reviews. I came on to write a review about the great experience I just had with Dr. Pena. It seems the poor reviews are regarding money issues. While I don't understand how insurances work, I wonder if it's really the insurance that's the problem. As far as her care, my experience with Dr. Pena and her staff has been wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I completely agree with some of earlier reviews that this doctor is greedy with money. She had me to make multiple appointments and exams for issues that could be solved in one trip. Her office refused to provide my normal test results unless I booked a separate appointment to go over results with her. She and her staff also made me feel that there may be serious issues so that I agreed to do more tests. These results were turned to be normal and completely unnecessary. I spent over $250 on my copay and other miscellaneous unreasonable charges and wasted a lot of time on multiple trips to her office for my routine checkup that was turned to be normal.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Awful doctor, awful office staff. Unresponsive and unprofessional. I was prescribed a prenatal vitamin. Her staff assured us that the pharmacy would have the prescription digitally. Of course the pharmacy DID NOT have it. I called for an entire week straight without reaching anyone at the office. No one returned my voicemails. I was getting so desperate I even faxed message to the office and sent Facebook messages to no avail. Finally, a week and two days later someone picked up the phone. I told them to have my records ready because I was completely unsatisfied with their lack of response to my needs. What if something was terribly wrong? My medical records were not ready upon arrival during my lunch hour though I specifically requested they be and furthermore the reciptionist refused to give them to me until Dr. Pena was avaliable to speak with me. Twenty minutes later Pena comes out and gets VERY defensive and calls me a liar. Then they charged me $10.00 for 5 pages of medical records. It was the worse experience I have had with a medical "professional" and staff in my life.

Submitted October 2, 2014

I absolutely recommend Dr. Peña!!! She is so caring and compassionate and takes the time to teach you so you can understand what is going on. She is incredibly thorough. I've been going to her for years, and she is by far the best gynecologist I have ever had. I've recommended a few friends to her, and they love her as well. I highly recommend her and truly think you should give her a try!!!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I felt repeatedly embarrassed with this doctor. My very personal issues were without hesitation made public to all the office staff. I felt rushed out at almost every appointment. I was the first one in the office in the morning for my appointment and I still had to wait around 30 minutes as apparently the doctor was not even there yet. When she did finally come, she barely examined me and rushed me out. She is quick to jump to the conclusion that something could potentially be cancerous even without any evidence and had me crying on more than one occasion. They nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING and the doctor has very little empathy. I have since changed doctors and it is now, more than ever, that I see the coldness and inconsideration shown to me with this doctor. My new doctor is SO very kind and generous. (Check out Dr. Molina) :)

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

She is so knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Pena will take the time to explain everything to you and listens as well. I had only been to one other OB/GYN and there was a huge difference in care that I will not be going to any body else. I always recommend her to all of my friends who feel embarrassed to see a gynecologist because she always makes you feels comfortable. I wish every doctor had the same passion and care for their profession as she does.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Recommended to my wife and has been excellent since she started seeing her a few years ago. Has always been caring and understanding with us through some tough times trying to have a baby. Throughout my wife's pregnancy, I witnessed the wonderful and intimate relationship they had as doctor/patient. She always took time to answer our questions and we never felt rushed. My wife could also call or text her at any hour and Dr. Pena would always respond in a timely fashion. When it was time for our baby girl to come out, she made sure it was a healthy and natural delivery. She coached my wife through the entire process, and I had the best experience of my life helping Dr. Pena and the amazing nurses at Kendall Regional bring our little miracle into the world! I wish there was a better way beyond words to describe how incredible Dr. Pena was and still is to us, but the best way to find out is to schedule an appointment and you'll understand why we wouldn't recommend any other doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

DR.C. PENA HAS GIVEN THE MOST COMPLETE CARE ANY PATIENT COULD ASK FOR. NOT ONLY IS SHE AN EXPERIENCED OB/GYN BUT SHE TAKES TO TIME TO TREAT THE WHOLE PATIENT WITH A COMPLETE PHYSICAL COVERING EVERYTHING THAT MY PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN MISSED. SHE FOLLOWS UP WITH YOU PERSONALLY AND TAKES THE TIME TO LISTEN. I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE THAN I EVER HAVE WITH DR. PENA

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

Dr. Christina Pena's Credentials

• Spanish

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Sagamore Health Network