Ratings for Dr. Margaret Eagan

In my experience Dr Eagan does not have the knowledge, expertise, time, or interest in understanding the treatment protocol for Thyroid Cancer, she is not current on the research, protocol, and follow up treatment of thyroid cancer, she made many errors in the treatment protocol including overdosing the therapeutic use of radioactive iodine. Dr Eagan prescribed an additional 100 millicuries of Radioactive Iodine (I-131) therapy over and above the treatment protocol. Dr Eagan prescribed 150 millicuries total from which I suffered negative side effects. The latest research on thyroid cancer indicates that lower-dose Radioiodine is just as effective against Thyroid Cancer with many less side effects; dosage is for thyroid cancer tumors smaller than 4cm that has not spread to any areas outside the thyroid. Dr Eagan did not use the correct scheduling, this misdirection of the Thyrogen injection schedule made the diagnostic test totally null and a total waste of time and funds.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

I've been going to dr Eagan for years. I initially went due to gestational diabetics, but now I go for all the fun stuff that goes with perimenopause! I find her knowledgable and her staff has been very good about contacting me about mammogram results etc. that were copied to her.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

She is an excellent doctor. She spends time educating you about your illness. She shows great respect for what you have to say. She has treated me for diabetes for more than ten years.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Eagan is a very knowledgeable and competent doctor. She is great! If she is your doctor, you are lucky. She spends a lot of time with her patients, if needed, which sometimes makes her late for appointments, but I don't mind because I know if I needed a lot of time with her, she would do the same for me. In my opinion, her front office scheduler and receptionist is not friendly, and can come off kind of rude sometimes, but please do not allow her behavior to sway you from seeing Dr. Eagan. Dr. Eagan's P.A., Kate Johnson, is wonderful, also. Kate is quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Dr. Eagan is my favorite doctor ever!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

Dr. Eagan misdiagnosed a rather simple endocrinology problem. Her lack of a proper diagnosis caused greater damage to my body and my eventual trip to the Mayo Clinic. After being properly diagnosed, the doctor that provided my follow-up care in Denver was shocked that Dr. Eagan missed my diagnosis. She is a very nice person, but a very unknowledgeable physician. There are much better endocrinologists in Denver.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Rushed, scattered. Limited knowledge of hormones. Staff doesnt call back.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

excellent doctor, she helped me with my new diagnosis of osteoporosis and got to the root of issue. also, helped me greatly with chronic uticaria. She is so great with her skills and her wonderful demeanor. You chose the right doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

Dr. Eagan is an excellent doctor. I was referred to her from my GYN ten years ago for diabetes. She confirmed the diagnosis and has treated me ever since. She is a really excellent doctor. Patient, kind and caring, Dr. Eagan takes the time to be thorough, answer questions and really listen to her patients.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2006

Dr. Margaret Eagan's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal