Ratings for Dr. Dale D. Shahan

I was nervous about going here after I read the previous reviews but I didn't have time to find another oral surgeon. I'm glad I didn't cancel. The staff was friendly and helpful. They explained everything and answered all of my questions. I only saw Dr. Shahan for a couple minutes before the surgery but he was very nice and professional. They did a great job removing 4 wisdom teeth. They even called later in the day to check on me at home and see if I had any more questions.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Wisdom teeth removal, went fine. Short with patients. Staff is rude, to be nice about it. Billed medical insurance, even though they're dental providers.... after fixing that issue on my own and pointing it out to them, I then received a nasty letter about being past due! Needless to say, I will never go there, take the kids, or a dog for that matter.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dale was supposed to remove a tooth for me. He came in and explained the procedure. His dental assistant sorayed the wrong part if my mouth with numbing spray and then ge stuvk the needle in the complete opposite side really hard and i flenched. He pulled the needle out and said " I can not remove your tooth uf you can't even handle a little needle" He then stormed out if the room. I stood up and asked his dental assustant what just happened and she said , " you are too much of a baby to have your tooth removed". I got my things and left. I found them unprofessional and unsafe. I would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I wI'll never go back or recommend this place! Horrible staff, they yelled at each other during my visit, would not let anyone come into the room with me, started to try and put me under without informing me of what was going on, the room was dirty and had a craftsman tool box for storage! I ended up leaving without having my wisdom tooth pulled. Needless to say I'm currently looking for a new doctor since I'm still in pain! Horrific experience!!! Avoid at all cost!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I was not informed of after care, heal time, any possible complications, etc. I am still in horrible pain and have not been able to return to work. I will never go to Dr. Shahan again nor will I recommend anyone to go to him. Next time I will do my research before trusting someone else to choose a surgeon for me.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I work customer service so it's my job to talk all day. I have reasons to give a low rating. The good part. The surgery so far was done well. There are no compilations. It's been about 2 weeks. Onto the bad. I met the doctor the day of surgery for less than a minute before I was put under. The lady at the front desk got the dates wrong on my work excuse and was rude when I pointed it out. I asked if he could include in the note that I couldn't work for more than a regular 8 hour shift for a month or so until it's healed. He said no because the surgery had nothing to do with that, which doesn't make sense since he told me he cut the muscle from my jaw and stitched it back on. I'd never taken codeine and I'm allergic to vicodin and they refused to let me gave percocet as a back up. Ended up 24 his wo pain meds, had to go back and get percocet. They never went over charges to my credit card ever and doctor never asked if I had questions and left room before I could ask any.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

This oral surgeon has extracted 4 of my teeth on 4 occasions over the last 2 1/2 years. Each time he used a local. Never any problems during the office visit. No problems requiring a followup visit. I was even telephoned the following day asking how the recovery was progressing. If you must have a tooth extracted, this is the professional that I will use in the future and I would recommend him to anyone. The cost of the service was also reasonable. The charge for each visit (each time the dentist utilized two assistants during the procedure and stitches were required) was less than my regular dentist charged for a tooth extraction (with one assistant and no stitches).

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011