Ratings for Dr. Jerome D. Sachar

Dr. Sachar has been a true gem. He recently came in on his off day (Father's day) to deliver my baby. He didn't know how important it was to me for my actual doctor to deliver my baby, he was just that kind and stopped his day with his family to help me welcome the new member to mine. It was the easiest labor and I am very pleased with the level of personal care and attention he has provided. He is so personable and really took the time to get to know me as a person not just me as another patient being seen. I am truly said he won't be able to practice anymore.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I'm so sorry a couple other people had horrible experiences, but he delivered all 3 of my children (one high risk) and he was wonderful and now he is now my oldest daughter's gynecologist. My mother has also seen him for years and finds him very trustworthy too. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Dr Sachar is an awesome physician. He has delivered my last two babies (out of 4) and I would recommend him and his office to anyone who asked. Their office was always on time and very professional. He took all of my concerns and listened attentively. He did not pressure me into doing the deliveries one way or another (had originally planned a VBAC, that changed at 38 weeks) I was very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Jerome Sachar is not a reliable physician. I presented Dr. Sachar with a previous history of pre eclampsia and during my most recent pregnancy he was my physician. I complained of symptoms that pointed to pre eclampsia and I was excessively swollen. Dr. Sachar assured me there was nothing to worry about. At 32 weeks pregnant, in February of this year, I had a still birth. This could have been prevented. I am sharing this because I dont want others to go through the horrible experience I did.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Sachar is a terrible physician. I had a high risk pregnancy and called every time I had a concern. I called concerned on one occasion as I hadn't felt my baby kick. They got me in quickly, but after Dr. Sachar listened for my son's heartbeat for approx. 30 seconds with a mobile, battery powered monitor, he said everything was fine and to go home. I was 23 weeks pregnant, pregnant for the third time, and I knew in my heart something was wrong. Sadly, I found out, at 27 weeks, my son died. I now know that he should've had a monitor on my baby for a min. of 1 hr. He also suggested that I go home and take a medicine to stimulate labor, eventhough I explained that I delivered my first child in 2 hrs. and 4 pushes and another physician warned that I could deliver other children on the road on way to hospital. I refused meds and chose to be admitted. Thank God too, cause I delivered at 4 hrs. after being admitted. Had I taken his first suggestion, I would've had to call 911 at home.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr.Sachar is the best ob anyone could ask for. Always calls personally and makes you feel at ease. Wouldnt trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

Dr. Sachar is the best OB I've ever had! He delivered my second child and will also be delivering my third. I'm not sure if he is officially prolife but he values it more than other OBs I've had. He always treated my baby like a person and not just a "fetus". He is very respectful of my family's religious beliefs. As soon as he knew what my son's name was he called him by his name. He is always patient with questions and he calls me back personally when I call. He is supportive of VBACs and doulas. For the most part he always does his own deliveries. He was only late once, by 30 min because of an emergency c-section and he apologized. The hospital he delivers at (MoBap) is a great hospital to have a baby. His staff is always very friendly. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about him, his office/ staff, or the hospital where he deliveres. P.S. He is def not retired. I wouldn't have wanted to have another child if he was.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. Sachar is awesome! VERY helpful and always calls you back quickly if you have a question. I just had a baby and would not imagine having a different OB - he's great. He made my husband feel comfortable through the process as well.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

Dr. Sachar is the an amazing doctor. He has been kind and caring with me. But I was in the hospital last year and watched him talk with the patient in the bed next to me. The woman was terrified of seeing an OBGYN - and he talked to her in a kind and gentle manner. He would not leave until she agreed to see him - and he walked her over to his office himself - so she would not have time to change her mind. She was not his patient - he just cared about her health. His office staff is also kind and caring and have a great sense of humor!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

He is absolutely the best! He calls me back personally and has a wonderful bedside manner. I traveled two hours for him to deliver our second baby and over an hour with the first.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. Jerome D. Sachar's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal