Ratings for Dr. Brian J. Fertig

Dr Kanj is incredible I've never met a doctor who spent so much time thoroughly researching every part of your illness. The quality of the medical attention you are given that this office is in a class by itself the nurses and assistants are very helpful and knowledgeable and seem to know everything about your case so I asked one of the young ladies how could you know all of this information and she said it is my job to know I've learned so much in the last year more than I have learned in many years I really appreciate dr. Kanj and have found out a lot of things I would have never known about. Their office is full of reading materials and they had published several small booklets that I find very useful. I will definitely recommend this doctor however you have to schedule an advanced here are usually booked up completely

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Please find another doctor. The wait in the office was three hours. The offices are dirty, seats ripped, staff unpleasant.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Fertig always makes me feel taken care of. The staff in the office is always upbeat, friendly and courteous, and ready and willing to help.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I had an appointment to see Dr. Fertig for the first time today. After waiting 1 and 1/2 hours in the waiting room, I asked the receptionist how much longer she thought the wait might be. I was told there were still 2 people ahead of me. Finally, after waiting 2+ hours, my name was called. I was brought into the room and asked the nurse why the doctor was so behind. I was told "this is how we run the office. It is like this every day". I told them this is unacceptable and they had no regard for my time. I was told that the doctor spends as much time as needed with each patient - that's why there is such a long wait. If this is how he wishes to run his practice, they need to schedule LESS PATIENTS IN A DAY! Well, after being in the examining room and having blood pressure taken, I was asked to go BACK TO THE WAITING ROOM SO THEY COULD USE THE ROOM FOR THE NEXT PATIENT. I was furious. Now it's been 2 and 1/2 hours since my appointment time. I went to the waiting room and asked for my co-pay back and walked out. (by the way, I was the 3rd person to do this today). AVOID THIS OFFICE AT ALL COSTS. Find a doctor who cares. By the way, the staff was equally as rude. I will inform my primary doctor of their practice so they do not recommend them to anyone else. ARROGANT, RUDE staff and I never met the doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I made an appointment to see Dr. Fertig for the first time and waited MORE THAN TWO HOURS, without even being seen. Given the complete disregard for my time and the fact that I had to take off from work to have the appointment, I left but told the office staff how unacceptable the wait time was. Their response: talk to the doctor. I have never encountered such rude and unprofessional behavior from a doctor's office, and they had they audacity to call me to reschedule! I will be searching for a new doctor that has more respect for patients' time, and highly recommend other patients do the same.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Once you arrive for a scheduled appointment the wait time before you see the doctor is SEVERAL HOURS minimum 4 hours! You need to take a day off from work to see this doctor. The is unacceptable. When you try to schedule the first appt of the day you have to wait months because everyone else is trying to do the same thing. If you do get the first appt of the day you will only have to be there for about 2 hours. Maybe he should just see less patients each day.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

I tried unsuccessfully to see this dr. on two scheduled appointments. The first appointment I waited over an hour only for other patients (waiting) and the receptionist to tell me that it would be at least another hour or more. She informed me that the only way to avoid a waiting period is to make an early appointment. I scheduled an appointment for 10am (first appointment). Well after waiting 30 minutes I was brought into the back only for the tech to mention to me oh the dr. should be in soon..... well I waited another 45 minutes (my appointment was for 10AM it was now 11:15) I stepped out of the room and asked the receptionist if she knew how much longer until the Dr. was in she said oh maybe another 25-30 minutes. At that point I left and now found another endocrinologist. Anyone who can be that arrogant to allow his patients to wait hours and hours does not deserve to be in practice. He may have a good reputation but to me that is just disgraceful.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Long Lines. Hard to get an appointment. Otherwise, the doctor is pretty good, however, if you can educate yourself well via the internet, you're just a well off.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Dr. Brian J. Fertig's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brian J. Fertig MD specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Diabetes as the Diabetes & Osteoporosis Center, 20 Wills Way, Piscataway Township, New Jersey. With 28 years of practice experience, Dr. Brian J. Fertig is affiliated with John F Kennedy Medical Center - Johnson Rehabilitation Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

• English

• Saint George's University (Grad. 1989)

• Diabetes