Ratings for Dr. Twana Rokhzay Jaff

I only gave him 1 star because there was not an option to have 0 stars. I have seen Dr. Jaff two times and both times I was MISDIAGNOSED. First time I saw him, I thought I had arthritis in my toe where I had broken it a couple years ago. He saw the knot and callus on my toe and told me I was too young for arthritis. He sent me to Roanoke to have a biopsy done. The dermatologist took one look at my toe, laughed and said "Honey you don't have cancer, you have Hammer Toe!" I swore I would never go back, but a year later I got desperate and needed an appointment asap. His office was the only one in Martinsville where I could be seen the same day. I had pain in my shoulder so bad I couldn't lay on it. The backs of my knees were stiff, and the bottoms of my feet were so tender it hurt to walk. I am only 36 years old and have never had any major illnesses before, so when this started all of a sudden I knew something was wrong with me. Dr. Jaff's diagnosis - "It's just the weather. You should feel better in 4-5 days." I laughed, and said "You're kidding, right?" No. He wasn't. That was strike two. I will never be back to see him again. I have since been seen by a doctor with a brain who did extensive blood work and xrays to find out my condition. It was Psoriatic Arthritis - which left untreated is a crippling, disabling disease.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Very Impressed for my first time visit. Spent a whole 15 minutes with this doctor and he saw a problem that 3 other doctors did not see.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Great Doctor! Very helpful and understanding. I would highly reccommend.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I was one of Dr Faraj's first patients in Martinsville, VA. On my intake appointment he was very thorough, asked questions on my medications past and current. We discussed my health concerns, issues and strategies to improve my overall health. He then made another appointment for a full physical and two specialist appointments, which I should have had in the past, but for one reason or another, delayed. Sadly, I was one of "those" patients that may have delayed him seeing his next appointment. I was very happy he took the time and was concerned enough to see "me" not just another name on a chart, so should I have a short delay on another visit, I would put it down to a caring doctor. His Nurse, Joan, is his equal when it comes to patient care and concerns. My final thought, Dr Faraj is young, knowledgeable, polite, respectful and professional. I am truly happy to have found Dr Faraj in the Carillon Clinic of Martinsville.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Would not recommend. Long wait. Not friendly or polite.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012